Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Bibles in Schools

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Mariolee
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Bibles in Schools

Post by Mariolee »

http://www.christianpost.com/news/athei ... ols-75290/

As Dawkins has stated in his ulterior motive, I'm afraid that teachers will teach this not without bias, but that it is a ridiculous piece of text which will distort the students' ability to decipher for himself. Hopefully God will work out what is meant for evil into good.
How do some people mess up a message about "love" and "forgiveness" so much?!
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Bibles in Schools

Post by Ivellious »

Or they could just teach it like a great and influential piece of literature, as they should. I think doing this opens up a lot of cans of worms, as some teachers would be opposed to teaching the Bible, some might see it as an opportunity to force Christianity on their students, and everything in between.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I think that's great news! If I had a nickel for every story I heard about someone who set out to disprove the bible by reading it, and then became believers, I'd still not be rich. But I'd have a lot of nickels. :lol:
Like you said Mariolee, may God use this for His good will to be done.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Ivellious wrote:Or they could just teach [the Bible] like a great and influential piece of literature, as they should.
The days of teaching the Bible as great literature have been over for more than 50 years.

I'm surprised that the Bible is being distributed to schools in a Muslim country, namely the UK. Bizarre. Very bizarre.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +