Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
moonstroller
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by moonstroller »

Hello everyone,
My name is John and I live in Canton Georgia, US.

I'm not a christian but I like to be well rounded when I talk about Intelligent design, etc.

I'm Jewish by faith and agnostic by behavior. I'm deeply interested in examining the issues of where we came from and I don't rule out anything if there is some scientific, or, well put philosophical explanation.

I'm looking forward to discussions in science sections.

Thank you,
John Ray, aka moonstroller.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the site, moonstroller. Please take some time, and read over the board purpose: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... f=2&t=2517. I hope you enjoy your stay. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Welcome, Moonstroller! (and anyone else I might have missed in my lengthy absence)
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Welcome, newcomers! y>:D<

To be honest, I also wanted to reach my 400th post on this forum.
:mrgreen:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Reactionary wrote:Welcome, newcomers! y>:D<

Post padding is never an ulterior motive 8) . Congrats on reaching 400.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:

Byblos, congrats to you too, for reaching 3593.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:

Byblos, congrats to you too, for reaching 3593.
Why I thank you very much sir.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Blood
Acquainted Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Blood »

hi
Blood
Acquainted Member

Post by Blood »

Hello, my name is Blake (blood is my nickname)

I'm currently 20, and kind of curious about religon.

I have alot of questions for well-read christians ranging on alot of aspects of your faith.I consider my self open on christianity, with alotr of moral questions, and alot of theological questions. I hope you guys can answer alot of them, i'm very interested to hear your responces.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Blood wrote:Hello, my name is Blake (blood is my nickname)

I'm currently 20, and kind of curious about religon.

I have alot of questions for well-read christians ranging on alot of aspects of your faith.I consider my self open on christianity, with alotr of moral questions, and alot of theological questions. I hope you guys can answer alot of them, i'm very interested to hear your responces.
Welcome Blake. Are you bordering on atheism as an agnostic, an atheist, or a Christian with questions? Just wondering. :)
Blood
Acquainted Member

Post by Blood »

I don't really identify as anything.

I'm like a super agnostic I guess, I love religion, it's done good in my community and helped my poverty stricken family a lot. But I cannot deny the whole "holy than thou" attitude among many Christians who put little effort into following their own book then expect me to bleed my heart out in following it.

But again, I have moral objections to Christianity mainly, not scientific or scriptural, I'm a curious George on the whole topic of Christianity.
cheezerrox
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by cheezerrox »

So, while I've been here for a little while, I never properly introduced myself.

My name's Zach, and I'm from New Jersey in the US. I was born and raised a Christian, and always mentally accepted the "religion," but never actually accepted God Himself until about a year and a half ago when I started reading the Bible. I was kind of a punk, lol, with issues with a lot of things, including school, weed, and alcohol, but the Spirit's got me more in shape now.

Denominationally, I go to a Baptist church that I like because they always rely solely on Scripture, even though I may disagree with them on some things. Personally think of myself as non-denominational. Somewhat recently I've come to have a lot of interest, appreciation, and agreement with Messianic Jewish theology, although I would not call myself the follower of any particular "church" or denomination. I just try to follow God and what He's told us as accurately as possible and the best I can.

Anyway, I hope to contribute what I can to this forum and learn a lot. I've got lots of respect for the people on here and hope I mesh in well.
"The prophet is a man who feels fiercely. G-d has thrust a burden upon his soul, and he is bowed and stunned at man's fierce greed. Frightful is the agony of man; no human voice can convey its full terror. Prophecy is the voice that G-d has lent to the silent agony, a voice to the plundered poor, to the profaned riches of the world. It is a form of living, a crossing point of G-d and man."
- Abraham Joshua Heschel
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

cheezerrox wrote: Anyway, I hope to contribute what I can to this forum and learn a lot. I've got lots of respect for the people on here and hope I mesh in well.
Hi Zach,

Welcome aboard. Very interesting... I was also born on NJ.. Like you I went to a baptist church here in my area but have also identified with non-denominational churches. And, like you, have recently in the past two years have grown increasingly interested in Messianic Judaism. Why I'm not entirely sure, but whenever Israel or Jews came against strong opposition it always made me really mad. Later I found out how Christians and Jews are actually connected on many levels and are not so far apart as I suspected particularly when it comes to the restoration of Israel where Yeshua will be reigning as Lord and King from Zion. Now I realized why I was so concerned about Jews and the land of Israel and their coming redemption.

Anyways, I've been thoroughly impressed with Messianic Judaism and have already completed two trips to Israel. I'm absolutely amazed that G-d would lead a sinner like me down this path who had pretty much been disconnected from Church. Sure I still have a lot of questions but the more I identify with the Jewish aspect of Christianity the more I'm being drawn into Christ (Yeshua). After thousands of years the church is now finally starting to investigate it's Hebrew roots. It's almost like looking down the tree and seeing your feet or roots. Jews in turn are now starting to look up this tree and see Yeshua. And what is this tree? Yeshua... That is how we are all connected, one giant tree.

Therefore both Christians and Jews have inherited a blindness, but this veil is slowly being lifted... And I believe it is now being lifted before the coming of Christ back to this earth.. Amen!! y@};-
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Hi Zach. I like your signature, esp. the first sentence :mrgreen:
Welcome!
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
cheezerrox
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by cheezerrox »

Gman,
That's very funny how similar our beginnings are. I always had a particular love for the Jewish people and for the Jewish faith, and as I started to grow and learn more about the Bible and about Moshiach, I felt like the Hebrew-ness of Him and of our faith as a whole was being ignored and underappreciated by mainstream Christianity. I came to realize that our G-d is the G-d of Israel, and when I came to learn more and more about the Tanakh (the Old Testament) and how it stands on its own WITHOUT the New Testament, it enriched my faith. Now, that's not to say the New Testament is any less important or inspired than the Old, but I'm just pointing out that the Hebrew Scriptures stood on their own for centuries, and they're not simply to be interpreted in light of the New Testament. They seem to have been given less importance than the New Testament by many modern evangelicals. That, and Torah fascinated me, as Jews obviously see it as so special and important, yet Christians often simply used it for "history." I wanted to see how it could be so special, and it's done wonders to my faith and knowledge.

Also, my girlfriend is herself Jewish (I'm a Gentile), and now she's come to accept Yeshua and be saved. As she's done that, I've come to more appreciation for the Hebrew roots of our faith and our Savior, and it's just been pretty amazing.

1over137,
Lol, thanks! It was always an important verse to me. Thanks for the welcome, my friend.
"The prophet is a man who feels fiercely. G-d has thrust a burden upon his soul, and he is bowed and stunned at man's fierce greed. Frightful is the agony of man; no human voice can convey its full terror. Prophecy is the voice that G-d has lent to the silent agony, a voice to the plundered poor, to the profaned riches of the world. It is a form of living, a crossing point of G-d and man."
- Abraham Joshua Heschel