I would like to make an announcement (good morning- 2 Peter)

Important news and announcements
Bradigans
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

I would like to make an announcement (good morning- 2 Peter)

Post by Bradigans »

Good morning church body... I would like to begin by telling you I LOVE YOU and my announcement is: THE DAY STAR HAS ARISEN (2nd Peter 1:19)!! What this means I'm not completely sure.

I need a lot of prayer; I can tell you that... I'm not the same person I use to be by any means.. They use to say I was a manic-depressive(bipolar); now they would say I'm just manic (polar).

Satan is a liar... And this has been a scheme.. A scheme to keep the bona fide from coming into knowing who he is and where he came from.

Keep me in your prayers... I love you.. If any love not our LORD JESUS CHRIST, let'em be anathema maranatha.

It's been a long night...

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: I would like to make an announcement (good morning- 2 Pe

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Thanks for the encouragement Bradigans and hope you're doing better. If I can help in any way, pm me. I wrestle at times with major recurring depression as well.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Bradigans
Recognized Member

Post by Bradigans »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Thanks for the encouragement Bradigans and hope you're doing better. If I can help in any way, pm me. I wrestle at times with major recurring depression as well.

Thanks for empathizing... And you're welcome brother.. Love you in Christ.

- 1 Corinthians 12:24-27 - For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked. That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

--- IN CHRIST ---
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

My Mother is Bi Polar and there is a family history of depression on my side of the family and also my wife's side.
Stay strong and remember God loves you and will provide the peace for your soul.
I don't know if this is relevant to you but I have accepted the way that I am and I have learn't to deal with it in a way that is effective ( not perfect ), do not let it control your life.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Bradigans
Recognized Member

Post by Bradigans »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:My Mother is Bi Polar and there is a family history of depression on my side of the family and also my wife's side.
Stay strong and remember God loves you and will provide the peace for your soul.
I don't know if this is relevant to you but I have accepted the way that I am and I have learn't to deal with it in a way that is effective ( not perfect ), do not let it control your life.

Dan
Your family sounds like my family.. Thank you for sharing this.

- Jeremiah 31:29-30 - In those days (IN THESE DAYS) they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

- Ezekiel 18:2 - What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?

- Ezekiel 18:4 - Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

--- IN CHRIST ---

bradford
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

One of the most meaningful passages I find in Scripture for people like me who have issues with depression is I Kings 19. This is the passage where Elijah flees from Jezabel and displays symptoms and characterists that look to me very much to be evidence that Elijah suffered from depression as well. The manner in which God deals with him, not condemning him but instead showing Himself to Elijah and meeting Elijah's needs is a source of great encouragement to me.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Bradigans
Recognized Member

Post by Bradigans »

Canuckster1127 wrote:One of the most meaningful passages I find in Scripture for people like me who have issues with depression is I Kings 19. This is the passage where Elijah flees from Jezabel and displays symptoms and characterists that look to me very much to be evidence that Elijah suffered from depression as well. The manner in which God deals with him, not condemning him but instead showing Himself to Elijah and meeting Elijah's needs is a source of great encouragement to me.
Amen... Love the text in reference.. Also sounds like David experienced some awful highs and lows in the Psalms.

---IN CHRIST ---

bradford
Bradigans
Recognized Member

Post by Bradigans »

I don't really believe or accept the secular ideal or definition of depression: A CHEMICAL IMBALANCE... I believe it's much more than that.. I believe the first person to experience it was Adam (Genesis 2:17).

I believe your life; your very essence, is out of balance (imbalanced) when you're out of contact with your creator (John 4:24)...

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford