Benny Hinn

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Bill McEnaney
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Benny Hinn

Post by Bill McEnaney »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Thanks for that you have said some things that I needed reminding of, appreciate it.
Dan, I happy to hear that Our Lord helped you through me. Believe me, my friend, I need to remind myself of what my post reminded you of. After all, I'm the most imperfect person I know.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

After all, I'm the most imperfect person I know.
:lol:

How true

Praise be to God

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Bill McEnaney
Recognized Member

Post by Bill McEnaney »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:

How true

Praise be to God

Dan
I don't know what to say.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Bill McEnaney wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

How true

Praise be to God

Dan

Thankyou is normally customary. :lol:

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Bill McEnaney
Recognized Member

Post by Bill McEnaney »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Bill McEnaney wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

How true

Praise be to God

Dan

Thankyou is normally customary. :lol:

Dan
Then thank you, Dan. But everything I've said on this message board has been serious. I'm glad you got a laugh or two, though.
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

inlovewiththe44 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLH7LHrY ... r_embedded

A slightly comical, but very disturbing depiction of what goes on in the church of Benny Hinn. I put this in the "Aberrant Christianity" because what's going on in the video seems pretty aberrant to me.
Benny is perhaps THE biggest Showman on the scene today ; most of his antics are socio-pyschological manipulation complete with verbal prompts , influences, and mezmerizing (a technique which made Mezmer famous in his day) . A really good book which totally exposes Benny is called : The Confusing World of Benny Hinn ... the book not only exposes his false teachings, many failed prophecies, and stage antics but also his lies regarding his many conversion stories and his Dad once being the Mayor of Jaffa, Israel . The danger with Benny , is, he is often solid in his biblical teachings and thus appealing...if it wasnt for the toxicity he also brings to the table .
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
pebbleanrock
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by pebbleanrock »

I saw Benny Hinn in Brisbane AUS. I feel uneasy citing a man who pushes the Word of God, but during the service, in front of 15,000 people, he castigated a woman for disrupting his service with a crying child. This was over the speaker system. She must have felt like disappearing up her own orifice. I found this very unChrist like. It rattled my faith.
CallMeDave
Valued Member

Post by CallMeDave »

pebbleanrock wrote:I saw Benny Hinn in Brisbane AUS. I feel uneasy citing a man who pushes the Word of God, but during the service, in front of 15,000 people, he castigated a woman for disrupting his service with a crying child. This was over the speaker system. She must have felt like disappearing up her own orifice. I found this very unChrist like. It rattled my faith.
I hope it ONLY rattled your faith in Benny Hinn, for, theres no reason for it to rattle your faith in Christianity.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
Thwarp
Acquainted Member

Post by Thwarp »

I had a discussion with a brother regarding Benny whom at one time had his head quarters right here in Florida. I never paid Ben much attention due to the fact that Benny like so many pastors who teach the New Miracle name it claim craze that I almost got sucked into but for some reason I was turned off by it and well......I don't wanna talk about how I fell into sin for so many years and avoided the crazy mess.

Anyway......We spoke I I enjoyed his words and the scrpitures he offered in regards to Benny vs Paul.

In Pauls Ministry not everyone gets healed. That it not to say that everyone Paul ministered to didn't get healed. Everyone he did minister to for healing got healed. But there are those whom Paul was not allowed to minister too. Benny on the other hand blames the petitioner if they dont get a healing. One lady in particular died a week after Benny laid her out and when the local TV stations questioned him about it he merely stated "Oh well....I guess she didn't have enought faith" !! Well maybe not enough faith in Benny but she had enough to walk onto the platform and ask for a healing. Thats all it takes in the words of Jesus. No more than the size of a mustard seed.

Benny is a self appointed prophet. I see nobody here being bold enough to call him what he really is. A false prophet ! The ones we were warned about. Had Benny he been living in the times of the Old Testament would have been stoned to death for this heresy. I even wonder if Benny believes in The Blood Atonement of Christ or if he just went to seminary (like others have) to learn how to take advantage of the the wind and wave epidemic (Gullible folks) and make some real money.

He took the money and ran with it all the way to south america.

Oh wait..... who else is out there now? Who's the next Pulpit Master? Perhapes Maybe....Oh I don't know. Perhapes we should be wary here......Oh I don't know http://www.av1611.org/osteen.html Bears watching too.
God in His Word has given us information concerning creation that we could have received no other way other than by divine revelation, for no one was there to observe it, and it cannot be repeated in a laboratory. So important is this information that he begins his word with this subject: Genisis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Two of the biggest claims God ever made!
CallMeDave
Valued Member

Post by CallMeDave »

Thwarp wrote:I had a discussion with a brother regarding Benny whom at one time had his head quarters right here in Florida. I never paid Ben much attention due to the fact that Benny like so many pastors who teach the New Miracle name it claim craze that I almost got sucked into but for some reason I was turned off by it and well......I don't wanna talk about how I fell into sin for so many years and avoided the crazy mess.

Anyway......We spoke I I enjoyed his words and the scrpitures he offered in regards to Benny vs Paul.

In Pauls Ministry not everyone gets healed. That it not to say that everyone Paul ministered to didn't get healed. Everyone he did minister to for healing got healed. But there are those whom Paul was not allowed to minister too. Benny on the other hand blames the petitioner if they dont get a healing. One lady in particular died a week after Benny laid her out and when the local TV stations questioned him about it he merely stated "Oh well....I guess she didn't have enought faith" !! Well maybe not enough faith in Benny but she had enough to walk onto the platform and ask for a healing. Thats all it takes in the words of Jesus. No more than the size of a mustard seed.

Benny is a self appointed prophet. I see nobody here being bold enough to call him what he really is. A false prophet ! The ones we were warned about. Had Benny he been living in the times of the Old Testament would have been stoned to death for this heresy. I even wonder if Benny believes in The Blood Atonement of Christ or if he just went to seminary (like others have) to learn how to take advantage of the the wind and wave epidemic (Gullible folks) and make some real money.

He took the money and ran with it all the way to south america.

Oh wait..... who else is out there now? Who's the next Pulpit Master? Perhapes Maybe....Oh I don't know. Perhapes we should be wary here......Oh I don't know http://www.av1611.org/osteen.html Bears watching too.
Im bold enough to call him a false prophet also. His on stage antics are slick and he is a Master of Manipulation . He does preach truthfully oftentimes which therefore makes people believe his entire routine is also true to form.

Thwarp
Acquainted Member

Post by Thwarp »

Its a sad thing indeed to see our brothers and sisters flocking around Benny's banner, some filled with hope for a wonder to be performed in their lives while other rally around his flag pole for one reason or another, only to be seriously let down after Benny flew the coupe. I'm certain some were seriously wounded in their hearts and some possible may have shunned Christ and went the way of the apostate never knowing Christ all because of Benny. We should pray for these people but I wouldn't know what to pray for. Pastors who abuse is a hard thing for those subjected to them to get over.

I won't condemn Benny. Lord knows I've done things worthy of a death sentence as well. I'm certain I too have made the Lord into a mockery or laughing stock at some point. My only wish would be for Benny to learn the errors of his ways and repent as so many have tried to correct him with love and respect. Then he turns around and autographs bibles for $300 donation.
I gaff at a man who would sign a book he didn't write and charge $300 for it.

Lets all say a prayer for Benny then.

Benny Please.... knock it off.
God in His Word has given us information concerning creation that we could have received no other way other than by divine revelation, for no one was there to observe it, and it cannot be repeated in a laboratory. So important is this information that he begins his word with this subject: Genisis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Two of the biggest claims God ever made!
Thwarp
Acquainted Member

Post by Thwarp »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Healing is real and for today, I believe, but most of the "healers" today are personality cults, in my opinion. I say that, having attended the University in the US most associated with this and having been "trained" in numerous chapels and a few specialized courses about the history and theology of it.

As best I understand it the gifts described in I Cor 12 include 'Gifts" of healing (the only plural in the listing of the 9 Charismata.) The very word gifts, Charismata is a form of the word "Grace" and that is no coincidence. Healing in the context of James 5 calls for the elders of a local body or fellowship to pray and annoint with oil, (oil being a symbol of the Holy Spirit). Jesus and the Apostles would perform miracles and healings and these were special gifts of God which were used in validating their message, particularly to the Jews who believed (and had a history) of prophets demonstrating their authority and God's working through them.

The gifts are given to the body and in the case of healing, each individual healing is it's own gift (which is why I believe it is the only plural in the listing.) The one receiving the healing "has" the gift, not the ones doing the praying and annointing with oil. By making it multiple "elders" (mature believers in the faith, not offices or positions in my understanding) and by the use of the symbol of the oil, the focus is upon God, the Holy Spirit, and not the vessles of ministry in prayer and the exercise of intercession.

When healing as a ministry for believers leaves the context of local fellowship (and while I understand this more in the context of organic fellowship than local institutional church) and becomes a platform for focusing attention on the individual "performing" the healing and/or a means for raising money, then it's no longer about the "gifts" God gives to His children, in my opinion. We know that there are false teachers and false prophets and have been in every age and every region and will be until Christ returns. When the healings are tied as somehow being something given to one person who then gives it to others, it's not in the context at all of how I see it scripturally taught or practiced in the early church.
What a terrific post. I have more answers now. This indeed makes alot of sense. Only The Lord gets the Glory when he presents the gift of a healing. Bless the Lord indeed !!
Thanks for posting this.
CallMeDave
Valued Member

Post by CallMeDave »

Thwarp wrote:Its a sad thing indeed to see our brothers and sisters flocking around Benny's banner, some filled with hope for a wonder to be performed in their lives while other rally around his flag pole for one reason or another, only to be seriously let down after Benny flew the coupe. I'm certain some were seriously wounded in their hearts and some possible may have shunned Christ and went the way of the apostate never knowing Christ all because of Benny. We should pray for these people but I wouldn't know what to pray for. Pastors who abuse is a hard thing for those subjected to them to get over.

I won't condemn Benny. Lord knows I've done things worthy of a death sentence as well. I'm certain I too have made the Lord into a mockery or laughing stock at some point. My only wish would be for Benny to learn the errors of his ways and repent as so many have tried to correct him with love and respect. Then he turns around and autographs bibles for $300 donation.
I gaff at a man who would sign a book he didn't write and charge $300 for it.

Lets all say a prayer for Benny then.

Benny Please.... knock it off.

We are called not to condemn someone since that is Gods job..but, we are called to expose all manner of evil including but not limited to false teachers, false prophets, fake healings, socio-pyschological manipulation from Leaders, and the like.

1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVG1x-rh6FE
This link was done by Dateline NBC. I do not support the Hinn ministries. I see deception.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

An even better video is this one, where he goes on ABC to defend his ministry against the claims of fraud and so on. I understand that English isn't his first language, but for such a charismatic person, and such an excellent speaker at his events, he stumbles quite a bit and has some really terrible answers to the questions. And when he starts to answer the "hard" questions, his publicist intervenes and tries to direct the interview. To Hinn's credit he says he wants to answer the hard questions, but again, I don't buy his answers and he even straight-up lies to the interviewer at one point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID6itEMH ... re=related