KONY

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
microburst
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

KONY

Post by microburst »

Has anyone heard about Joseph kony?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: KONY

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

This was interesting,

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I've heard various things about the KONY campaign. Everything from "it's a life-changing program" to "it's more like a scam." Not sure I know enough to seriously make a judgement though.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

But that link makes me think I'll avoid that organization in particular haha
microburst
Acquainted Member

Post by microburst »

This war criminal is absolutely malevolent, he is running a campaing that is known as the Lord's resistence Army (LRA). He has abuducted over 30,000 Ugandan children, and turned them into "soldiers" to support his rebellion. His reputation of commiting and advocating mass murder, sexual enslavement, brutal amputations, has given him the rank of "worlds worst war criminal" by the International Criminal Court (ICC). This person is also "fighting for the Ten Commadments", and often promotes "peace" to decieve large populations to gain power. This man definitely needs to be stopped.
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

In all honesty, if this kony 2012 becomes really really big. I'm afraid its going to start the New world order. But... that's just my fear. Lord willing that isn't going to happen.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Dallas wrote:In all honesty, if this kony 2012 becomes really really big. I'm afraid its going to start the New world order. But... that's just my fear. Lord willing that isn't going to happen.
What?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Stu wrote:
Dallas wrote:In all honesty, if this kony 2012 becomes really really big. I'm afraid its going to start the New world order. But... that's just my fear. Lord willing that isn't going to happen.
What?
I don't know :P. It makes me scared all these people coming together. It's an irrational fear.

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Dallas wrote:
Stu wrote:
What?
I don't know :P. It makes me scared all these people coming together. It's an irrational fear.
Their fear is irrational, or your fear is irrational?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

I saw a map of Africa being posted around Facebook recently that said "You must pass this test to support Kony 2012. Point to Uganda". It was sad but poignant, I think.

The whole 'movement' seems to have died down within the community of people I know. And it didn't really accomplish much either. I've come to learn since the thing started that Kony hasn't done anything for a few years but people in Uganda think the actions of bringing him to international spotlight may provoke him to come out and start terrorizing... the exact opposite of what all of the people promoting him are hoping for. Just seems like a dangerous thing all around, with so little information and so many emotions about a poorly understood scenario.
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

RickD wrote: Their fear is irrational, or your fear is irrational?
Mine :P

Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Looks like jason was using that kony money to buy drugs or something.

Running around naked in public, smashing his head into the street while screaming gibberish, masturbating on cars, wow.....
Maybe he went insane because he was exposed as a fraud.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte