Prayer request for my mom

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Prayer request for my mom

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:God saw to it that mom suffer no more and has claimed what is his. She is with the Lord now. I am so very grateful for His good graces and for your prayers.
I'm sorry, Byblos. How are you holding up?
I'm a mess brother but I'll be alright. She is in a much better place. I will be away for a while.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

It's bittersweet Byblos. Glad that the trial has finished but also grieving with you on the loss of your mother.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

As Christians we do not mourn like those with no hope and no assurance, but with an understanding of our eternal destiny: 2 Cor 5:1

May God comfort you.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

I'm so sorry, Byblos. May God let you grieve and comfort you.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

We are all there with you buddy. y@};-
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Oh, my deepest condolences and I'm so sorry this is late. I understand and empathize with your loss and I will pray the Lord gives you strength and peace. Your mother is resting peacefully now and is, no doubt, proud and happy to have been your mother and I definitely think the world of this woman who I've never even met since she raised such an outstanding gentleman!

When I lost my dear grandmother, who raised me, it was very much like the situation with your mother. The doctors wanted us to pull the plug on her, so to speak, saying she wouldn't be able to breathe again on her own, but no, we knew this was not the case and wanted to give her the chance, at the very least, to go the way God wants. And guess what? She hung on for two full weeks without a respirator! Up until the very end, my darling grandmother showed all of us "GOD IS IN CHARGE" and that she trusted Him fully. You are so right -- He has it all under control and if He wants us to suffer a bit longer, only HE can turn that suffering into good and will not have it be wasted! Perhaps the suffering your mother endured near the end will benefit you or someone you love in the future. Have faith! y>:D<

May the souls of the faithful departed, by the Mercy of God, rest in peace, Amen.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Thank you so much for your kind and inspiring words StMon.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

I am so sorry for your loss Byblos. I will pray for peace and Gods love to surround you and your family so that you will know the reassurance that your Mom is with Jesus. God Bless

Silvertusk.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

How're you holding up, Byblos? Day by day it will get better! I hope angels guide your dreams and that Christ heals your heart :)
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:How're you holding up, Byblos? Day by day it will get better! I hope angels guide your dreams and that Christ heals your heart :)
Doing well StMon, thank you. Like you said, day by day.

StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Good to hear, friend :)