Any NFL fans out there? How about that Tebow?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
wrain62
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Any NFL fans out there? How about that Tebow?

Post by wrain62 »

narnia4 wrote:This isn't about Tebow, but I thought I'd mention it here instead of starting a new thread. But the NBA has its own version of Tebow, a possibly even more remarkable one. Jeremy Lin for the Knicks. Undrafted, didn't even get a scholarship, played for Harvard. Like Tebow, outspoken about his faith. Injuries to Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire being out as well (the two big name stars, for those of you who don't follow basketball) were just a couple of factors that contributed to Lin getting substantial playing time and quickly getting the start. And he's been simply unreal, he's put up great numbers and scored a couple game winners and generated tremendous interest all around.

I saw one tweet by a sports media member that brought up the interesting twist that Tebow was actually the one born in Asia while Lin is the one that wants to someday be a pastor. Interesting.

I saw him on youtube and did not know until he put up bible verses n the end of the video.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

What NOW with Tebow? Should be very interesting in NY. God has obviously honored and blessed this young man, likely because Tim has honored Him in front of a nation. When is the last time "Sports Illustrated" talked about John 3:16 - except perhaps in references to that crazy guy in the end zone, during the '70s? Tim just sees his fame as an opportunity to spread HIS fame!
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by narnia4 »

We'll see how Tebow does in the New York market. Honestly I think its a bad move for the Jets, they just signed their guy Sanchez to a long term deal and he isn't exactly a fan favorite. People will be clamoring for Tebow immediately and there will be some New York-sized controversy.

But if anyone can handle it, Tebow will.
Young, Restless, Reformed