Why would God raise humans through evolution?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Frogsterking
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Why would God raise humans through evolution?

Post by Frogsterking »

Why would God create humans through animals?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Re: Why would God raise humans through evolution?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Why not?

God has a lot of "time" on his hands, maybe he likes to doodle before he draws the masterpiece. :ebiggrin:

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Frogsterking wrote:Why would God create humans through animals?
For Freewill
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

I'm with Dan on this one. I look at the universe and it just SCREAMS symphony to me. Maybe the Beginning was the exposition, we are in the development and the Second Coming is the recapitulation (musician here! :D )!
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
dayage
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dayage »

Frog,
As best I can tell, He didn't.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Why not?

God has a lot of "time" on his hands, maybe he likes to doodle before he draws the masterpiece. :ebiggrin:

Dan

I like this :-)
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

dayage wrote:Frog,
If you seriously want to make troll-like comments and just walk away, go ahead...but if you actually have a point to make, could you elaborate on this?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Ivellious wrote:
dayage wrote:Frog,
If you seriously want to make troll-like comments and just walk away, go ahead...but if you actually have a point to make, could you elaborate on this?

Pretty sure they made their point in that they don't believe evolution was the catalyst, and neither do I. But if that is the method God used then that would be my response above.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I guess personally, I don't see why evolution itself is such a big deal, I have Christian friends who fully believe in evolution. But they look at it like this: Just as Christians believe the laws of physics are dictated or where created by God, they believe it is equally plausible to describe evolution as simply being a tool of God. Obviously this is a more liberal take on it, as one would have to completely disregard half of Genesis as a metaphor or allegory or something, but it's not an unheard of concept among Christians. I understand the frustration toward people who use evolution as a method of trying to "disprove" God, but if you simply take the Theory itself it's no different than, say, the Atomic Theory of physics in terms of its potential compatibility with religion. Some people just get to militaristic about it on both sides.
dayage
Valued Member

Post by dayage »

Ivellious,

Seems you understood my "troll-like" comment without my detailing it.
Obviously this is a more liberal take on it, as one would have to completely disregard half of Genesis as a metaphor or allegory or something,
You would also have to ignore the New Testament. I bet you already know what I mean here, too.

No, evolution is not like the laws of physics. In physics you can describe the past and future of an event through mathematics. You can not do this with evolution.

The Bible tells us that God put the laws, which govern the heavens, in place.
Jere. 33:25 Thus says the LORD, 'If My covenant for day and night stand not, and the laws of heaven and earth I have not established,'
jestes
Familiar Member

Post by jestes »

In a nutshell, I feel that science is the how and spirituality is the why. It's easy to confuse the two and have either one make assertions that are best answered by the other.

To support my point above, look at a large building and compare it to the universe. When that building is in the planning stages, a designer lays out the general floorplan to match whatever role that building will fill. If it's going to be a large bank, he will likely design the building with marble, tall ceilings, pillars, and grand fixtures to help give it a certain character one might expect from a powerful bank. If the building will be used as an office with few visits from the public, he would likely give it floorplans that would maximize the amount of cubicles per floor. His job would be more focused on people and what they would use the building for. Then, a building engineer would come into play. His role would be to create the structure of the building. He would be tasked with making sure the building structure was strong enough for it's intended purpose and that it would stand the test of time. His job would involve all of the calculations and measurements needed to turn this idea into a reality.

First we saw a building designer. This is the role of spirituality. It answers the why we are here and what we are meant for. We are here to love. We are to show love to God and others, as well as feel the warmth when that love is shown in return. Then we have the building engineer. His role is that of the scientist. He may be able to answer how the things we see came into being by explaining the science behind the bricks and mortar, but his field can never answer why those bricks and mortar were laid in the first place.

You asked why God would choose such a route to create humans. I offer a question: If you learned that you and your spouse were expecting your first child, a daughter, would you want to see her grow up or snap your fingers and skip forward to her wedding day?
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Frogsterking wrote:Why would God create humans through animals?
He wouldn't and he didn't.

The only reason evolution has been "incorporated" into certain branches of Christianity is because evolution has been forced down the throats of the general public as being true and scientific, and so they have compromised to incorporate it within their beliefs. It is anything but. It's one big con. NOTHING in science (be it the fossil record; random mutation; or life's own make-up points to macroevolution. Nothing.

If you truly and honestly hold up the evidence (all the evidence, not select) for and against evolution, there is nothing that suggests we are simply the product of errors to our DNA sequence, and that such random errors could even account for anything anywhere near as integrated as a single "simple" cell, let alone the vast diversity that is spread across the entire planet.

It's a phantom, wishful thinking imposed on people by groups like the NCSE.
Say something enough times and people start to believe it; remember, spontaneous generation was a "fact" for 2 000 years.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

why wouldn't god make us perfect bodies with no flaws, and why did he make the world round and not flat (or if your rick, flat and not round) :ewink: , why did god make us breath, ect...

I mean I could go on and on. feel free to ask when you die, I know I will, we will not even know if evolution is true until then.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Murray wrote:why wouldn't god make us perfect bodies with no flaws, and why did he make the world round and not flat (or if your rick, flat and not round) :ewink: , why did god make us breath, ect...

I mean I could go on and on. feel free to ask when you die, I know I will, we will not even know if evolution is true until then.
Tsk, tsk. Round earth conspirators... :lol:
Murray, for the last time, just look out your window. Does the earth appear round, or flat? Be careful. If you walk too far, you'll walk right off the edge...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote:Tsk, tsk. Round earth conspirators... :lol:
Murray, for the last time, just look out your window. Does the earth appear round, or flat? Be careful. If you walk too far, you'll walk right off the edge...
Yes folks this guy is indeed part of admin :roll:
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.