NASA Earth pics

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

NASA Earth pics

Post by RickD »

NASA just released new pictures of the "Blue Marble". The first picture's high definition, is amazing. Compare it with the second picture, taken in 1972. The first's hd is so amazing, that if you look close enough in the N.E. Florida area, you can see me waving. :wave:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/2 ... 32173.html

John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Re: NASA Earth pics

Post by zoegirl »

waving back!!

those are cool!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

It's cloudy in Michigan. What a surprise :)
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

That's a fake pitcher promoted by the intelligensia and the CIA with the intent of deluding us into thinking the Earth is shpecial...sperichal...spfechial...sferical. whatever!

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:That's a fake pitcher promoted by the intelligensia and the CIA with the intent of deluding us into thinking the Earth is shpecial...sperichal...spfechial...sferical. whatever!

FL
FL, I may be straining gnats again, but isn't it a picture, not a pitcher? :lol:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: FL, I may be straining gnats again, but isn't it a picture, not a pitcher?

OKay, come kleen RickyD. Are you a smart-aleck from the intelligensia, or are you CIA?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Very surreal.
Why no pictures of Australia. :x
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote: FL, I may be straining gnats again, but isn't it a picture, not a pitcher?

OKay, come kleen RickyD. Are you a smart-aleck from the intelligensia, or are you CIA?

FL
y:-$ I'm supposed to be working under cover. You're exposing me. :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Very surreal.
Daniel, I believe that is the southwest tip of Australia in the second picture, isn't it?

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Daniel, I believe that is the southwest tip of Australia in the second picture, isn't it?

I hardly call seeing a miniscule portion of the west coast that is barely visible on the right hand side a picture. :roll:

Dan
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:I'm supposed to be working under cover.
Don't furry, my hips are peeled. yp**==

FL

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

I hardly call seeing a miniscule portion of the west coast that is barely visible on the right hand side a picture. :roll:

Dan
The picture shows the Perth area. Perth is the best city in Australia, anyways. :poke:

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:I'm supposed to be working under cover.
Don't furry, my hips are peeled. yp**==

FL
Is that French?

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

Dan
The picture shows the Perth area. Perth is the best city in Australia, anyways. :poke:

WA is not really a part of Australia, it is a whole other country according to them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

WA is not really a part of Australia, it is a whole other country according to them.
Betcha didn't know that Perth is the most isolated city in the world. :fyi:

-Edward R Murrow