My thoughts. Death matter.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Dallas
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

My thoughts. Death matter.

Post by Dallas »

Just wanted to get this out here. I have came to a conclusion that makes since in my books, and hopefully your's.

If we as Christians, followers of Christ, and die to find out there is no God then no sweat. As for Atheist, If they die living as if there is no God, and die to find out there is a God, Then there is a lot heading their way.

It makes me sad, How many people are leaving God for science when basically Science orginated from Religion.

Thank you and have a Nice thanksgiving,

Dallas.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: My thoughts. Death matter.

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Yes it is sad indeed, so many lost souls. :shakehead:

Happy thanksgiving to you too. y\:D/

Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

It's true, though if you ever said that to an atheist, you'll be ridiculed endlessly for being "so naive" as to suggest anything as rational as Pascal's Wager.
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Then there is a lot heading their way.
:evilnod:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

It's true, though if you ever said that to an atheist
Typical reaction :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :crazymad: :crazymad: :crazymad: :crazymad: :soap: :soap: :soap:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

neo-x wrote:
It's true, though if you ever said that to an atheist
Typical reaction :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :crazymad: :crazymad: :crazymad: :crazymad: :soap: :soap: :soap:

:amen: :srofl: :slol: :srofl: :slol: :srofl: :slol: Ahahaha, so true. I was accused of "putting fingers in my ears" and I thought " :pound: OH THE HYPOCRISY!"
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

This is also known as "Pascal's Wager."
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by narnia4 »

You know, if you take the general idea of Pascal's Wager as a guideline, its very hard to escape the logic of it.

A typical atheist response will be something about devotion to science, honesty, or even "truth". My response usually is that you don't have to pretend to believe in something, but rather give theism and Christianity specifically every opportunity and try to understand it and actively seek God. So many atheists seem to be emotionally invested in atheism, its not uncommon at all to hear some say (and honestly I think most think it as well) "if there was a God I wouldn't serve him" or "I don't want there to be a God".

But for Pascal's Wager, the benefits if you're "on God's side" are clear, you should give God every chance. And if every atheist did that... well, atheism wouldn't be a problem.

And on a similar level, under the logical consequences of atheism truth is meaningless. Why in the world would you want to devote yourself to the truth of the matter instead of just go out and try to "get as much fun" out of the time of existence that you have that, looking through the lens of eternity, is only a blink of an eye. To me a sort of hedonistic nihilism is what I would go for if I were an atheist... statistics have shown that theists tend to be happier than atheists, so if you're trying to maximize happiness than you might as well consider yourself a theist, right? Maybe an absurdist theist, trying to maximize happiness in a meaningless world in a universe that's even worse than meaningless.

Long story short, I put a lot of stock in Pascal's Wager, its just that many misunderstand it as an argument attempting to prove the existence of God and end up ridiculing a straw man. But no matter what your position, ultimately choosing to believe in God makes sense.
Young, Restless, Reformed