Couple of quick prophecy questions for gman or anyone else..

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Couple of quick prophecy questions for gman or anyone else..

Post by DRDS »

Let's see, since most of us here believe some form of futurism in terms of end time events and not to some form of preterism. Even though I'm always open to patrial preterism if things don't go exactly as planned by most futuristic prophecy models, I do have to say, especially from many events that took place this year (with the major and high number of earthquakes and other natural disasters), along with humanity's moral standards continuing to go downhill, with the world's governments falling apart and people's standard's of living declining, and with the turmoil in the middle east with Israel, things to me are looking extremely good the futuristic model of prophecy. But there are two distinct things that don't appear to be taking shape and from what I've studied and I'm going to ask you all, do these two things I'm about to mention HAVE to be in place before the rapture or the tribulation takes place?

Those things being the completion of the third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and the completion and the economic thriving of the old city of Babylon. I know there has been alot of talk about these two things over the years, especially with the third temple, but from what I've researched, the ground hasn't even been broken yet. The last I heard about it was early this year about some of the blueprints being released.

And with the old city of Babylon, I think for the most part it has been rebuilt but nothing much goes on over there. How would that old city become a booming economic hub?

But again, do these two things have to be fulfilled in order for the rapture or the tribulation (depending upon your view about the rapture) to take place?

Plus on a slightly different topic,I found a new and much better canidate for the antichrist. Instead of George Soros, I'm thinking that David de Rothschild could be the one. If you are curious, just research about his family the Rothschilds. They are possibly the richest and most powerful family in the world and have been for a very long time. Plus, just look at the guy's appearence, look familiar?

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wp ... 00x450.jpg

But anyway, let me know if you have anything new or interesting on the third temple and ancient babylon. Thanks and GB.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Couple of quick prophecy questions for gman or anyone el

Post by Gman »

DRDS wrote:Let
Those things being the completion of the third Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and the completion and the economic thriving of the old city of Babylon. I know there has been alot of talk about these two things over the years, especially with the third temple, but from what I've researched, the ground hasn't even been broken yet. The last I heard about it was early this year about some of the blueprints being released.
No ground has been broken yet for the Jewish Temple yet.. True, but that could change soon if the landscape changes too.. We have a huge war coming up with earthquakes that will change many things. Also there is strong evidence that the next temple will not just be resurrected entirely by the Jews either but also by the Messianic believers in Yeshua too.. In other words Christians will work to see God's temple built also.
DRDS wrote:And with the old city of Babylon, I think for the most part it has been rebuilt but nothing much goes on over there. How would that old city become a booming economic hub?
I'm more inclined to see a European Union on that.. Babylon could be in present day Persia or Rome however.... I could go either way on that one..
DRDS wrote:Plus on a slightly different topic,I found a new and much better canidate for the antichrist. Instead of George Soros, I'm thinking that David de Rothschild could be the one. If you are curious, just research about his family the Rothschilds. They are possibly the richest and most powerful family in the world and have been for a very long time. Plus, just look at the guy's appearence, look familiar?.
Who knows who the anti-Christ will be... I wouldn't count on it.

As for the rapture.. I'm not too hip on it...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DRDS
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by DRDS »

Just curious Gman, who do you think the antichrist could be? Assuming he is currently alive and among us. Do you think it is someone who is currently well known or someone that the corporate and political ellite is keeping in secret hinding and just waiting for the right time to reveal him to the public? Or like what some people believe, do you think the antichrist may not be just a single person but a group of people? Or just a spirit of greed or of hatred or evil that overtakes people?
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

DRDS wrote:Just curious Gman, who do you think the antichrist could be? Assuming he is currently alive and among us. Do you think it is someone who is currently well known or someone that the corporate and political ellite is keeping in secret hinding and just waiting for the right time to reveal him to the public? Or like what some people believe, do you think the antichrist may not be just a single person but a group of people? Or just a spirit of greed or of hatred or evil that overtakes people?
Don't know... Too early to say.. But one day we will know when this happens.. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8