Will Creationists Admit They Are Wrong and Apologise?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
KOGnition
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Will Creationists Admit They Are Wrong and Apologise?

Post by KOGnition »

I pray for these "hit and run" posters. God bless them with courage to seek truth. y[-o<
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

If you choose not to cherry pick the bible, how can you re-interpret Leviticus in regards to homosexuals? I don't know the feelings toward homosexuals on this forum but surely no one here condones killing them.
No one here condone killing the gays. Homosexuality is wrong but I won't kill no one. I would pray for them. Lest you forget we are talking about almost 3500 years back. Back in that day and age, war time slaves were not kept but killed, people had no idea of the human rights and things went mostly as the law of the land thing. That was the law then, but as Robe and Monica said, it changed with Jesus, he was God's love and Grace, so chill, no one here wants to stone a gay.

I have two gay cousins, so I know and I love them as brothers. Sadly, one of them was molested at the age of 11 by his tuition teacher at home and after a year of molestation (which of course no one ever knew) he turned gay. Now he is 21 and wants to change, I hope he does. He has tried going out with a girl, lets hope it can change his mind eventually.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Widge
Recognized Member

Post by Widge »

No Christian takes the whole Bible literally. It is impossible. I am sure there must be another thread on this.

Like Law you read it purposively and literally in context.

How does anyone know how the Earth was created? 100% that is?
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

No Christian takes the whole Bible literally. It is impossible. I am sure there must be another thread on this.

i din't get your point here Widge? or are you addressing someone else?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Widge
Recognized Member

Post by Widge »

neo-x wrote:

i din't get your point here Widge? or are you addressing someone else?
Some atheists say the world was created by X... but no one knows unless they invent a time machine.

Also no Christian can take the Bible literally. Or there would be contradictions inconsistencies etc..
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Some atheists say the world was created by X... but no one knows unless they invent a time machine.

Also no Christian can take the Bible literally. Or there would be contradictions inconsistencies etc..
I see. y:-? What contradictions are you talking about?

without.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

without.

Widge
Recognized Member

Post by Widge »

neo-x wrote:

If you read the Bible from beginning to end the Old Testament says we should stone homosexuals but Jesus gets rid of the death penalty when he tells his fellow Jews not to stone the adulterous women is one simple example.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

If you read the Bible from beginning to end the Old Testament says we should stone homosexuals but Jesus gets rid of the death penalty when he tells his fellow Jews not to stone the adulterous women is one simple example.
This is no contradiction y#-o , remember Jesus didn't cancel the law, he fulfilled it, only he did it with Love and grace, not force. Sin is sin, O.T or N.T, he also told the woman not to sin again. The end result which God wanted, remained the same.

without.

Widge
Recognized Member

Post by Widge »

neo-x wrote:
This is no contradiction y#-o , remember Jesus didn't cancel the law, he fulfilled it, only he did it with Love and grace, not force. Sin is sin, O.T or N.T, he also told the woman not to sin again. The end result which God wanted, remained the same.
So which old Testament Laws do Christians follow then? Also why are some Christians so obsessed with Homosexuals when there are injustices in the world to correct? Some Christians love to point out peoples sins but refuse to look at their own.

Anyway we are off topic. Oh and you have just proved that you cannot read the Bible both literally and purposively as you have told us the purpose of what Jesus did. Thanks
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Anyway we are off topic. Oh and you have just proved that you cannot read the Bible both literally and purposively as you have told us the purpose of what Jesus did. Thanks
I'd give you a chance to back up your claim, widge. what does this have to do with my reading the Bible... :guns: :nunchaku: :duel:

without.

MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

Widge wrote:
neo-x wrote:
So which old Testament Laws do Christians follow then? Also why are some Christians so obsessed with Homosexuals when there are injustices in the world to correct? Some Christians love to point out peoples sins but refuse to look at their own.

So, for about 1800 years (before all of our fancy distractions) a large number of people (known as theologians) sat quietly in monasteries and churches across the world and thought on these topics far deeper than anyone alive today has likely done. They thankfully wrote most of what they thought down at a time when doing so required painful by-hand script. Are you genuinely interested in some theology? I can point you in what I think will be a helpful direction. But again, you have to be willing to read. A lot.

Other observations: Perhaps your misunderstanding of Christian response to homosexuality is rooted in the fact you don't see homosexuality as 'injustice' when others do. It's true that many Christians (I dare say 99.9% of all people) would rather point out others sins than their own. However hypocritical and wrong it is, it does nothing to alleviate the sin of the accused.
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

One thing is quite certain, concerning the Genesis account and evolution. The Bible in no way leaves open the option that man descended from a long process of evolutionary forces. Clearly, the animals were created AFTER Adam was created - separately, instantaneously and AFTER God's completed creation of the animals - AND, very key, "according to THEIR kinds." Adam, in clear contrast, was created "in OUR image, after OUR likeness" (the Trinitarian God). So not only was Adam created instantly and whole, but this also occurred BEFORE he had received God's breath of life into his nostrils. Eve was likewise made separate from any evolutionary processes, and from "the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man (Adam) he made." And besides Adam, before Eve's creation, there were no other humans (as God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." (Eve).

Further, Luke 3:23–38 lists the genealogy of Jesus shows that Adam was an actual human being, and traces Jesus' genealogy all the way back to Seth (Adam's son) and then Adam. So, clearly, Scripture teaches Adam was a real human being who had offspring and descendants. Scripture does not leave open that mankind could be the process of evolution. If you believe that man evolved, you certainly don't believe the Bible. There's a terrific analysis of this by Norman Geisler here: http://www.ankerberg.com/Articles/_PDFA ... 3W0401.pdf
Last edited by Philip on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

And besides Adam, before Eve's creation, there were no other humans (as God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him (Eve).
Does the text actually say that no other humans existed? Or does the text just say there were no other humans in the garden, where Adam lived?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
ROBE
Familiar Member

Post by ROBE »

Concerning Genesis people see what they want to see.
As an example YEC believe the reason why the Earth was in darkness during day one is because the Sun, Moon and stars did not exist. While I an OEC believe the Earth had an opaque atmosphere, hence no light from an Earth based observation point.
Likewise YEC believe the Sun and Moon were made as in created on the 4th day, while I believe the were made as in appointed rulers of the day, night and stars.