Rick Perry

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Rick Perry

Post by Gman »

I believe that Rick Perry has our best interest at hand.. This guy, I believe, has a sincere heart for God although many people try to derail him. And about certain bloopers, ALL of the candidates have them. They just try to harp on a few, but all of them have them. I hope he prevails..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Rick Perry

Post by jlay »

I trust him. About as far as I can throw him.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:I believe that Rick Perry has our best interest at hand.. This guy, I believe, has a sincere heart for God although many people try to derail him. And about certain bloopers, ALL of the candidates have them. They just try to harp on a few, but all of them have them. I hope he prevails..
I absolutely don't trust this man. He looks like the stereotypical, superficial televangelist, that will say anything to further his agenda. He is as fake as a $3 bill.

My conscience is going with Herman Cain.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Very well... One thing I like about him is his stance with Israel. He is pretty solid on that..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Perry, seems to me to be one in the long line of 'conservatives' in which the Christianity is confused for the American dream.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:Very well... One thing I like about him is his stance with Israel. He is pretty solid on that..
Check out Herman Cain's stance on Israel. While the International scene, isn't Cain's forte, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised about where he stands. Besides, Cain's not a career politician. That's a big plus.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Check out Herman Cain's stance on Israel. While the International scene, isn't Cain's forte, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised about where he stands. Besides, Cain's not a career politician. That's a big plus.
And he likes the ladies!! :pound: :shakehead:

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jlay wrote:
And he likes the ladies!! :pound: :shakehead:
:lol:
What's also funny, is that since the allegations have come forward, donations to Cain's campaign have increased. Perhaps, the voters are growing tired of smear tactics on both sides of the political fence. I think, if the accuser's plans were to derail the Cain campaign, those plans may have backfired.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

There's more to the Herman Cain accuser's story, than meets the eye. It seems at least one accuser may have something to gain. It'll all come out in the wash.

-Edward R Murrow

kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by kmr »

I'm going for Cain. He seems like he has his ideas set and clear, and doesn't try to beat around the bush when he's questioned.
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

kmr wrote:I'm going for Cain. He seems like he has his ideas set and clear, and doesn't try to beat around the bush when he's questioned.
He doesn't have all the answers, but he doesn't appear beholden to any group, yet. ;)

-Edward R Murrow

zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Cain is from my hometown and pastors a local church in Atlanta... it only makes sense that satan would have his say to have people "allege" things especially against a man of God professing and saying Jesus and God like giving Him a political plugin everywhere he goes! Why wouldn't this of already been out or come out from the get go, as soon as GOD starts to position him and we see some movement and persuasion in voters this comes out; which he didn't deny that there was an issue that was "alleged" and taken care of as oppose to denying saying "um, it wasn't me", "that never happen", etc. He admitted that there was an issue and it was an alleged issue taken care of my proper procedures and authorities whom its their jobs to take care of, not ours. And if by chance that this was the case who are we to judge, not knowing if he repented, that's between him and God. But leave it to the typical Christian to judge past events, hold on to them, and throw them up... I'm not talking about judging fruit either as in present tense for I know that Jesus said "you will know them by their fruit". Cains fruit is ripe... and its our positions over worldly affairs to put someone in office with a Godly foundation and principles... Vote for Cain... the first real "Black President"!