Please read. A little life story from Dallas

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Dallas
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Please read. A little life story from Dallas

Post by Dallas »

Hello my name is Dallas and I am not relatively new here just now started in the forums.
Here I plan to explain who I am and why I believe in what I believe and a problem I have with the human society.

My name is Dallas (male*) and I am 17 years old who recently choose a different life style for the Lord and plan to major in Theology and minor in

some type of computer thing (for something to fall back on.) I grew up in church from a young age, but I never believed in God (from my prospective). I

attended church on both Sundays and Wednesdays due to my parents forcing me to go so they can be alone. I had a hard time growing up with a feeling of

neglect, abuse (mentally), and absolutely felt like no one loves/loved me so I was considering suicide. I would've killed myself but I was scared from what

my Grandma said about Suicide will lead you to hell. You're probably wondering "I thought he didn't believe in God." And to that I say... I don't know what

to say maybe at the end of this post lol. Anyways back on topic, The reason why I didn't believe in God was due to the fact people inside the church acted

like hypocrites inside the church, then when they left church they were no better than the rest of the people who could care less about God who he is, what

he has to offer. But just recently I got a new youth pastor about four months ago who actually cared about me as a person unlike every other youth pastor

just put me off to the sidelines because I wasn't right for the "team." I know it probably wasn't their fault due to other people inside the building at the

time. Anyways, he treated me better than any other person I have met besides one man who i'll get to later, and it actually made me feel like somebody

actually want's me to be part of their team. I had never had an experience like that in my life, so, the emotions just lifted me up and that's when I

started to see the bigger picture and started to acknowlege that God is real and he has something planned for my life.

The man I was talking about when I said that there was a person who treated me better than any other person, His name is Ron. Ron is an older man

who one day randomly just knocked on my door and invited my siblings and I to church. Since my step-mother wanted us out of the house they said yeah. Since

then Ron has been the closest person who has come into my life and I have counted him as a Spiritual mentor/Grandfather.

NOW! pass the kinda boring parts and sad parts :(. I consider myself a "science guy" for two reasons.
1) I love Science
2) Possibly the best thing to learn about In my opinion. It just... explains things.

I have a select few friends at school who are nothing close to Christians. But i hang out with them because they accept me for who I am unlike most

christians. Do I get made fun of for being a Christian when I'm around them? Yes, Yes i do. It doesn't bother me though, well... not like it used to :P.

All i can say is they are going to be judged justfully by GOd who is and always will be perfect.

I'm almost done here... THE THINGS I HATE MOST ABOUT PEOPLE!!!!!!(AKA PET PEEVE)
I hate it when people (in general) makes fun/judges other peoples beliefs when they don't have any clue what they are talking about. Due to the little

knowlege they "know," They think they can judged them for what they believe. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!!!

Well... that bout' sums it up. Any questions about me, myself, or I. Please post a reply hopefully I'll figure out how to reply.

Thanks,

Dallas

p.s. The reason I said I wouldn't commit suicide is because I still didn't want to go to hell even if God did exist. (past tense for those who

mis-interpet):P

p.s.s. Sorry for the random double spacing lol
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please read. A little life story from Dallas

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the GodAndScience family, Dallas. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

welcome Dallas. :esmile:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Lovely testimony Dallas - thanks for sharing and welcome to the board.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Last edited by Murray on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Welcome Dallas, thank you for sharing that with us.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Thanks for sharing!

Most people think church as a building and what goes on there, inside. However, a church is you and others as part of a team working for whatever cause for Christ Jesus puts before you.

You are correct, most building called churches place people by age in little boxes and keep you there. The youth box, the college box, the career box, the adult box, even the old geezer box. Everything nice and neat. No one is a team and 1 Co 12:1-31 is not listened too. However, we are all part of a team, mixed up together to become unmixed up. Older teach the younger and younger sharing with the older members so we as a group, form a church - a team whose common cause is Christ Jesus and doing his will on earth with him calling the shots!

Welcome to forum! Sorry about not posting sooner. I was out of town ministering to several Chruches and helping several new ones forum in South Dakota and only now saw your post!

God's blessing upon you my friend in god!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys