Question

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Question

Post by B. W. »

Was there science before man?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Question

Post by 1over137 »

Good question.

First, two definitions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science:
Science (from Latin: scientia meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/science:
the systematic study of the nature and behaviour of the material and physical universe, based on observation, experiment, and measurement, and the formulation of laws to describe these facts in general terms

Now, if God does not exist: I do not think animals can do science. (And that's what differs us from them, right?). So, there was no science before man.
If God does exist: Well, He made laws, so He does not have to explore the nature. It's up to man to do that. Proverbs 25:2: "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter."

By the way, what do you think, why God did not tell first people how He made the universe and left it to us to discover it?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
jlay
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

By the way, what do you think, why God did not tell first people how He made the universe and left it to us to discover it?
We don't know that He did or didn't. I would say it is first impossible to discover how God made the universe.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Does not human science interpret what is already there by means which human beings can understand what already is?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Grizz_1
Familiar Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Grizz_1 »

Was there science before man?
Well if science is knowledge and God is all knowledge then yes, science existed before man.