Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
David505
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

Post by David505 »

If you like arithmetic, you'll love this.
The CFR Solution.pdf
The CFR Solution
(48.67 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

Post by Murray »

Considering that the rockefellers are my 2nd cousins I would like to think that they are not the anti-christ.

I could come up with some wack-o formula to make my name spell 666, but that does not make me the anti christ does it?

Im sure god will make it pretty ovious what 666 means when the time comes......
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

My full name is Robert Wilson Strain.

y:O2
carpentersson
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by carpentersson »

666 counted in Hebrew is WWW.
Using any other way of counting letters leads to numerous possible answers and thus no definite identity.
Using any other language doesn't make sense.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

carpentersson wrote:666 counted in Hebrew is WWW.
Using any other way of counting letters leads to numerous possible answers and thus no definite identity.
So does that mean the world wide web is the anti-christ?? :esurprised:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Whisky Wine Women?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Whisky Wine Women?

FL
:pound:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
carpentersson
Familiar Member

Post by carpentersson »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
666 is the number of the Beast of Revelation.
This information is provided from God, Revelation 13:18, for a reason.
I believe the reason is to reveal the hidden identify of the Beast which comes out of the "sea" of humanity.
"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate (count) the number of the beast, for it is man's number."
Count to the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet which is Vav, V or W. Prior to 1990 and the advent of the Internet, there was no commonly recognizable 3 letter identity VVV or WWW.
Is it Whisky Wine Women or is it something far more pervasive and dangerous? "This calls for wisdom."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

carpentersson wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
666 is the number of the Beast of Revelation.
This information is provided from God, Revelation 13:18, for a reason.
I believe the reason is to reveal the hidden identify of the Beast which comes out of the "sea" of humanity.
"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate (count) the number of the beast, for it is man's number."
Count to the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet which is Vav, V or W. Prior to 1990 and the advent of the Internet, there was no commonly recognizable 3 letter identity VVV or WWW.
Is it Whisky Wine Women or is it something far more pervasive and dangerous? "This calls for wisdom."
If it wasn't for www, we wouldn't be here on this forum. y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
carpentersson
Familiar Member

Post by carpentersson »

Without Adolf Hitler we would not have Volkswagens. So what?
People will believe whatever they want to believe, but God's word says what it says, believe it or not.
If you believe in some wacky complex formula of gematria to discern an answer to this great biblical mystery, then you might believe like some that the "beast" is Ronald Wilson Reagan or Barney the Purple Dinosaur, or so many others I've heard.
If it was easy so easy to see, understand and accept, why does the scripture call for a man "with wisdom/insight"?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

carpentersson wrote:Without Adolf Hitler we would not have Volkswagens. So what?
People will believe whatever they want to believe, but God's word says what it says, believe it or not.
If you believe in some wacky complex formula of gematria to discern an answer to this great biblical mystery, then you might believe like some that the "beast" is Ronald Wilson Reagan or Barney the Purple Dinosaur, or so many others I've heard.
If it was easy so easy to see, understand and accept, why does the scripture call for a man "with wisdom/insight"?
Are you saying that the world wide web, is the anti-christ spoken of in Revelation? I just want to be sure I'm understanding you correctly.
I'm confused. Why would we use the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet? Was the original text of the book of Revelation, where the number of the beast is mentioned, written in Hebrew?

And, before you answer, the number of the beast is six hundred sixty-six. not 6-6-6.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

carpentersson
Familiar Member

Post by carpentersson »

The word "antichrist" is not used in Revelation.
666 is a number which somehow identifies the "beast". Apparently, counting or calculation is involved.
I contend that Hebrew is the accepted biblical language, the language of Jesus. Though Jesus spoke Aramaic and the new testament was written in Koine greek, Hebrew is still the language of Israel and of Jesus and still spoken today. Although there is some dispute about who wrote Revelation, obviously he was Jewish. If you prefer classical Greek, Latin or French to calculate an answer, try it.
As to the way the number was written depends on which manuscript you read. In one manuscript it is written as 666 and in another it is spelled out as 6 hundred 66.
Please note that this number does not designate a numerical value such as 1600 talents of gold, but is used to designate an identity, like 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Is it possible that some global computer network, that some unification of people and their thinking machines might somehow attain an individual "mind" of it's own?
Is it possible for a thinking machine to sin? Seems possible to me.
Is the Internet fully developed to the point where it controls what we buy and sell? No, not yet.
Does some world leader require us to "worship" any global computer network? Not yet.
Do sinful men always find a way to create their own god while ignoring the true creator? Yep.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

carpentersson wrote:The word "antichrist" is not used in Revelation.
666 is a number which somehow identifies the "beast". Apparently, counting or calculation is involved.
I contend that Hebrew is the accepted biblical language, the language of Jesus. Though Jesus spoke Aramaic and the new testament was written in Koine greek, Hebrew is still the language of Israel and of Jesus and still spoken today. Although there is some dispute about who wrote Revelation, obviously he was Jewish. If you prefer classical Greek, Latin or French to calculate an answer, try it.
As to the way the number was written depends on which manuscript you read. In one manuscript it is written as 666 and in another it is spelled out as 6 hundred 66.
Please note that this number does not designate a numerical value such as 1600 talents of gold, but is used to designate an identity, like 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Is it possible that some global computer network, that some unification of people and their thinking machines might somehow attain an individual "mind" of it's own?
Is it possible for a thinking machine to sin? Seems possible to me.
Is the Internet fully developed to the point where it controls what we buy and sell? No, not yet.
Does some world leader require us to "worship" any global computer network? Not yet.
Do sinful men always find a way to create their own god while ignoring the true creator? Yep.
Ok, carpentersson, I see where you're coming from, now.

-Edward R Murrow

carpentersson
Familiar Member

Post by carpentersson »

Outstanding!
Most folks can't get their mind around the idea of a man-made thing becoming sentient, that is having moral decision making abilities, the ability to perceive of God, but we know that others besides human beings can think and sin too, ie. angels, demons, etc. It is our thinking ability that sets us apart from the animals, in our minds is the intersection of the physical and spiritual dimensions. It was from growing in knowledge that we were first able to "walk" with God, and from eating from the "tree" (the upward growth) of the knowledge of good and evil that we first became separated from God.
I discovered this theory about the "beast" somewhat strangely, sort of coming in the back door.
When something doesn't make sense, I start asking all kinds of questions.
Why does the bible refer to a beast if it means only an individual man?
If the beast is not a man, then what could it be that has the ability to think, to speak, to sin and even be sent to hell?
Does God create the "beast" or is it a manmade thing or who created it?
If there is some creation of men that can think and speak, what is it?
The unholy trinity, the dragon, the beast and the false prophet are all cast into hell, but no nation has an eternal spirit to be cast into hell.
And what kingdom, nation, ruler or entity could have the sort of world wide powers given to the "beast"?

No one super computer or even network of computers has this level of power yet, but I can see the possibility and with the exponential growth rate of technology, I can see it happening very soon.
So, I asked if there was any kind of global man made thing that might someday have the ability to think and speak and have a living spirit. I knew of the internet so I went to the library to search about computers and found it is named World Wide Web which is commonly written as WWW, like the horns of an animal or the V sign the youngsters always make nowdays with two fingers, the symbol of devil horns.
I looked to see what numerical value WWW might have in the biblical language Hebrew and guess what? 666 :esurprised:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

carpentersson wrote:Outstanding!
Most folks can't get their mind around the idea of a man-made thing becoming sentient, that is having moral decision making abilities, the ability to perceive of God, but we know that others besides human beings can think and sin too, ie. angels, demons, etc. It is our thinking ability that sets us apart from the animals, in our minds is the intersection of the physical and spiritual dimensions. It was from growing in knowledge that we were first able to "walk" with God, and from eating from the "tree" (the upward growth) of the knowledge of good and evil that we first became separated from God.
I discovered this theory about the "beast" somewhat strangely, sort of coming in the back door.
When something doesn't make sense, I start asking all kinds of questions.
Why does the bible refer to a beast if it means only an individual man?
If the beast is not a man, then what could it be that has the ability to think, to speak, to sin and even be sent to hell?
Does God create the "beast" or is it a manmade thing or who created it?
If there is some creation of men that can think and speak, what is it?
The unholy trinity, the dragon, the beast and the false prophet are all cast into hell, but no nation has an eternal spirit to be cast into hell.
And what kingdom, nation, ruler or entity could have the sort of world wide powers given to the "beast"?

No one super computer or even network of computers has this level of power yet, but I can see the possibility and with the exponential growth rate of technology, I can see it happening very soon.
So, I asked if there was any kind of global man made thing that might someday have the ability to think and speak and have a living spirit. I knew of the internet so I went to the library to search about computers and found it is named World Wide Web which is commonly written as WWW, like the horns of an animal or the V sign the youngsters always make nowdays with two fingers, the symbol of devil horns.
I looked to see what numerical value WWW might have in the biblical language Hebrew and guess what? 666 :esurprised:
Not saying I buy into this(yet?),but I see from where you're coming.

-Edward R Murrow