Unexplainable God

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Anonymous

Unexplainable God

Post by Anonymous »

I was at a Catholic retreat this past weekend and God yet again amazed me. Just when I think I have Him all figured out, He goes and fills 30 people with His spirit Joel 2:28-32 and they start speaking in tongues. Some of them got so freaked out that they will no longer return to the retreats - they think that they were possessed by some devils. Someone got a mighty prophecy as well; "1000 times this is the army I am raising." What an incredible visit from God's Spirit underneath the Catholic umbrella... I mean they don't even teach on speaking in tongues or prophecy or any of that stuff! Why would God choose to bless them instead of let's say a pentecostal church that is constantly seeking the filling of the Holy Spirit? Our God is truly indescribible and uncontainable - who can truly know Him?
RGeeB
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by RGeeB »

Yes MD, His ways are beyond us - It is reassuring to know that ultimately He is working things out for the best ending - for Him and us. I believe God wants us, in these last of the last days, to be united. A good way of achieving this is when Jesus baptises us in ONE Holy Spirit. The gifts of the Spirit show that there is no favouritism with God.
Maranatha!
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

Great story MD... To me it really reaffirms that many Catholics are in fact, saved.

I think you can reassure the frightenned with the fact that believers can sense the presence of evil and would certainly have known whether that power was divine or satanic.