Jesus revealed in the Tetragrammaton

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Jesus revealed in the Tetragrammaton

Post by Gman »

Very interesting knowledge increasing these days. This one happens to be in the very name of G-D or YHVH also known as the Tetragrammaton. This name YHVH actually expresses the name for Yeshua or Jesus in hebrew word pictures. The first letter Y is the hebrew word for "yood" or the hebrew word picture for hand. The next letter is H or "hey" which actually means to reveal or behold. Next is the letter V or "vav" which happens to be the hebrew word picture for nail followed by the letter H again or "hey" which means again to reveal or behold.

So if we were to break this down, the name for G-D or YHVH in the hebrew word picture would say, Y (hand) H (behold) V (nail) H (behold) or look at my hands and look where the nails were. :crying:

Now look at John 20:25, 27.

25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands;

Absolutely amazing folks.. :eugeek:

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Jesus revealed in the Tetragrammaton

Post by Rob »

That is awesome!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman wrote:Very interesting knowledge increasing these days. This one happens to be in the very name of G-D or YHVH also known as the Tetragrammaton. This name YHVH actually expresses the name for Yeshua or Jesus in hebrew word pictures. The first letter Y is the hebrew word for "yood" or the hebrew word picture for hand. The next letter is H or "hey" which actually means to reveal or behold. Next is the letter V or "vav" which happens to be the hebrew word picture for nail followed by the letter H again or "hey" which means again to reveal or behold.

So if we were to break this down, the name for G-D or YHVH in the hebrew word picture would say, Y (hand) H (behold) V (nail) H (behold) or look at my hands and look where the nails were. :crying:
Yes, been getting back into ancient Hebrew Pictographs that the later letters symbolized.

Truly amazing – add to this about the – Hand – and note bible passages such as Isaiah 41:10, Isaiah 48:13, Exodus 15:6, Isaiah 62:8, Isaiah 63:12…

Try the word Elohim pictograph when the context indicates God Almighty and not false gods.

You have the Ox-Staff-Man-Hand-Water pictographs representing the following:

Alpeh, Ox = authority – headship

Lamed, Staff = prod to cause movement toward a certain direction by means of shepherd staff, shepherd’s cattle goad, as well as a shepherd’s directions by spoken word

Hey, Man with open arms= Open arms indicating the pathway /door to graceful acceptance, or surrendered to worship and/or to service

Yod, Outstretched arm from elbow to hand=Shows one who does work, builds, creates, etc...

Mem, Water= overpowering, overflowing strength that cleanses life afresh or provides life…

Look at Psalms 23 and see Elohim within it…

Psalms 23:1-6: A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod (Rod means a ruler’s Scepter) and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever. NKJV

Notice that in Elohim, when context refers to the one true God, the verbal cues Jesus gave about this symbolism…

Alpeh-Authority=And that in both Old and New Testaments bible verses that state, every knee shall bow indicates authority. Then note Jesus’ reference to his own authority – Isaiah 45:22, 23, 24, 25c, Philippians 2:10, John 17:1, 2, 3

Lamed, Staff=Note Jesus’ reference to himself as the Good Shepherd… John 10:11 hence shepherd staff used to drive sheep along a path and a shepherd who uses words – commands to direct along the way. John 1:1…John 15:14, 15c…

Hey,Man= Note How Jesus was born showing that God will come as a man with open arms to point out the pathway and door back. That outstretched arms would be stretched upon a cross…John 1:1, 2, 3, 4, 14 – That Jesus was surrendered to the Father’s will –see John 4:34, John 5:19, John 8:28, 42c, John 14:10 --- Also Note Jesus’ reference to himself as the door John 10:7 and the way (Pathway) John 14:6 and note Grace in Eph 2:5, 8, 9, 10c.

Yod,Hand=How the Old Testament identifies the Arm/right Hand of God that provides the way to salvation, deliverance, guidance, protects, creates, etc.. (listed a few references regarding right hand above).

Mem, Water=Note How Jesus indicated that the water meant the Power of the Holy Spirit – John 4:14, John 7:38, 39c

Does that help unlock the book of John to you all just a bit???

How about this verse: Luke 24:27 ???

Good stuff Gman
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

B. W. wrote: Does that help unlock the book of John to you all just a bit???

Good stuff Gman
-
-
-
Yes thanks Bryan.. :P

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman wrote:
B. W. wrote: Does that help unlock the book of John to you all just a bit???

Good stuff Gman
-
-
-
Yes thanks Bryan.. :P

There is more... When you read the OT and understand how to tell who is speaking when YHWH or EL or ELohim is used - the picturegraphs do so as well: for example according to contextual usages can mean...

Father: Y (I am who allows) H (reveals), V (nails that secure) H (Behold)
Father sent the son to face the nails of the cross

Son: Y (I am hand/arm) H (revealed by) V (nails) H (behold)
Arm of the Lord who is revealed by sacrifice

Holy Spirit: Y (I am Hand/arm who Strengthens) H (reveals) V (Nails that secure and hook) H (Behold)
Here area few Roles of the Holy Spirit is to reveal Christ, empowers, secures, and hooks people back to God...

Just a few and new way to look at things in the bible - does take a litle time to uncover the riddle of the name...
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

AND folks... For the first time we have the best possible pronunciation of God's name. Apparently it was in the Leningrad Codex (the oldest Hebrew OT) and the Aleppo codex that revealed His name, all other codex's the vowels are absent. What we’ve always seen was the Tetragrammaton without the vowels however these manuscripts revealed His name with the vowels. So now we have the correct pronunciation of God's HOLY name. Absolutely incredible..

Please!! Please use this name carefully and with full respect!! I was actually hesitant to post this. In fact it is banned to speak it in Catholicism and most Jewish sects.. Please be careful.

So how do we pronounce God's Holy name? It's pronounced...

YeHoVaH

More here: //hishallowedname.com/

CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Hey Gman just for sake of helping people out can you put the warning about uttering His name before the image with the name.

God bless
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

CeT-To wrote:Hey Gman just for sake of helping people out can you put the warning about uttering His name before the image with the name.

God bless
Thank you CeT-To. I fixed it.. I hope I don't get in trouble for this.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

When would you typically use Gods proper name, when praying or is it reserved for somthing else?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:When would you typically use Gods proper name, when praying or is it reserved for somthing else?
I believe that is a personal choice between you and God...

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman,

According to the OT, God wants his people to know his name, so please do not cower to traditions. In the link it gives a verse declaring this. The Jewish people did not declare his name and trouble followed for not doing so (see Malachi 1:11c and Malachi 2:2c, Zep 3:9 and in Mal 1:11 notice that the word name is used three times by the one YHWH)

Now if you could can you give specifics on how what vowels were used and how they know the right ones and the Pictograph of Yahovah as well...

I'll stick with YHWH for now.

In the OT, God identifies himself as YHWH and if you identify from context where name is found, you can identify who is speaking from the Godhead – Father, Son, Holy Spirit…

The Pictograph of Ancient Hebrew will identify, as YHWH as Y (hand) H (behold) V (nail) H (behold) so...... Readers please See Gman’s first post…and the chart as each letter has different connotations and context of bible passage determines how to correctly apply the meanings.

Note Pictograph implies:

Y implies: Arm, wing, open hand, cover, allow, strength

H implies: Beholding, revealing...

W implies: add-ing, secure, hook, nail

For example, most often, these meanings generally apply to YHWH

1-The Father (I Am) Y (almighty) H (revealing) V (Security) H (behold)

2-The Son (I Am) Y (hand/arm/strength) H (revealed {by}) V (nail-too secure) H (behold)

3-The Holy Spirit (I Am) Y (hand/arm/power) H (behold) V (that Hooks securely) H (behold)

I think you all who understand the NT symbolism grasp the significance in how Jesus secured our salvation. How the Father adds – draws people to find that salvation security and how the Holy Spirit, hooks (convicts, empowers, sanctifies) one securely to the Godhead.

Interesting to note when the Father is speaking in the OT and see what is being said thru the pictograph of YHWH. Take for instance Genesis 18:1-33. Three men appeared and one of the men is identified as YHWH in Gen 18:33. Therefore, context disproves that these three men were angelic beings because one is identified as YHWH.

In Genesis 18:16, 17, 18, 19, 20 notice how third person speech is used by YHWH and how verse 16 mentions three men, then YHWH speaks - no angels. In Verses 17-20 you have YHWH thinking things out – Father, Son, Holy Spirit agreeing. These were not three men or angels.

Notice the third person speech in text and for ease I’ll help identify who is speaking and add in the pictograph meanings with context of text:

Gen 18:17 And the LORD (Son I AM (hand/arm/strength) H (revealing) V (nailing-securing judgment) H (behold) said, "Shall I (Son) hide from Abraham what I (Son) am doing,

Gen 18:18 since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Gen 18:19 For I (Son) have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the LORD (Father Y (almighty) H (revealing) V (Security/salvation) H (behold), to do righteousness and justice, that the LORD (Father (I Am) Y (almighty who) H (Beholds) V (Security/Salvation) H (revealing) may bring to Abraham what He (the Father) has spoken to him."

Gen 18:20 And the LORD (Son - I AM (hand/arm/strength) H (revealing) V (nailing-securing judgment) H (behold) said, "Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave,

Gen 18:21 I (Son) will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me (Son); and if not, I (Son) will know."

Gen 18:22 Then the men (Son and Holy Spirit) turned away from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the LORD (Father (I Am) Y (almighty who) H (revealing) V (Security/Salvation) H (Behold).

Now may you grasp why Abraham said this in verse 23c and the discourse of verses Gen 18:23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33c.

Father (I Am) Y (almighty who) H (revealing) V (Security/Salvation) H (Behold)...

Gen 18:23 And Abraham came near and said, "Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked?

How do I know who is speaking – easy … context and contextual continuity of related scriptures form earlier chapters when God promised to Abram…

Lastly – God did secured salvation thru Abraham – Behold!

Romans 4:3, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
domokunrox
Valued Member

Post by domokunrox »

That's pretty cool.

I see no problem with saying his name. The way I see it, how would anyone know who YOU are unless they knew YOUR name and called you by your name?

Can we get a pronunciation guide?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

domokunrox wrote:That's pretty cool.

I see no problem with saying his name. The way I see it, how would anyone know who YOU are unless they knew YOUR name and called you by your name?

It is pretty cool and yes you make a great point - how would anyone know who YOU are unless they knew YOUR name and called you by your name?

There is a fine line when revering the name keeps one from declaring it correctly. So remember that we maybe the only reflection of Jesus another may see…

Now for more:

Please note Isaiah 53:1 below from NASB with the pictograph revealed as well as identity of speakers… Note Isaiah 52:4, 5 tells us it is God who is speaking all thru chapters 52 and 53...

1 Who has believed our (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) message? And to whom has the ARM of the LORD [Father (I Am) Y (almighty who) H (revealing) V (Security/Salvation) H (Behold]...been revealed? Isaiah 53:1

Who then is identified as the Arm of the Lord? There is a reason found in the ancient Hebrew pictograph spelling of YHWH – Look again: (Son Y (hand/arm/strength) H (revealed {by}) V( nails to secure) H (behold).

Some may ask where I get the I AM from – well from Exodus 3:14 in which I AM is mentioned there times as well as in John 8:58 as the incarnate Jesus identifies himself as the one speaking in Exodus 3:14…

Again both Holy Spirit and Jesus are indentified as the arms/hands of the Lord. Not psychical arms or hands but the attributes of his power is represented by arm/hand metaphors. Think of how all single living things have three basic parts consisting of Fluids, Body, and Livingness.(This is a rather simplistic but it is true – there are three distinct parts in all living things that can be categorized as having or made up of Fluids, psychical body/organs, and livingness – life to it that cement to make one essence of a living thing on earth).

Our human body has fluids, physical body, and what makes us alive – livingness. These three distinct attributes make us one, each united (echaud) together making one. God is not man the bible says. Yet, his invisible attributes have been before our eyes (Romans 1:19, 20c).

Each of God’s invisible attributes are separate in nature and each having its own characteristics; therefore, you can rightly say about God is that he has three distinct parts which are persons that make ONE God. In other words, what God says about himself is true, there is NONE like Him (Isaiah 46:9c). One God revealed as three persons does make sense (Romans 1:20).

Now the bible also declares God is a living God, therefore to be unlike all others in all regards, each of his distinct three part essence is able to live independently from each other for God to truly be a living God. That is the Trinity of the Godhead.

Isa 52:10, "The LORD [Father (I Am) Y (almighty who) H (revealing) V (Security/Salvation) H (Behold]... has bared His {the Father's} holy ARM (Son) In the sight of all the nations, That all the ends of the earth may see The salvation of our God." NASB with pictograph additions added in

I cannot draw the pictographs on this Forum look at ARM in verse above and when YHWH refers to the Son...

[Son Y (hand/arm/strength) H (revealed {by}) V (nails to secure) H (behold]

Profound...
-
-
-
P. S. the V uses a W sound to English speakers, hense, YHVH is YHWH to English speakers...
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Well, God is God, he doesn't need for us to speak Hebrew ;)
But if we decide to use Yahweh or Yahveh or Jahweh or Jahveh then should we also use Christ's Hebrew name?
Yahshua or Jaheshua or Yehshua or Jaheshua or should we use the translation Joshua ?
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Here is a guide for vowels and the correct pronunciation.

The niqqud is a system of diacritical signs used to represent vowels or distinguish between alternative pronunciations of letters of the Hebrew alphabet.

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niqqud

Remember that G-d's name is usually stripped of the vowels in most manuscripts.. When they strip it, it looks like this.

When they add the vowels, it looks like this..

יְהֹוָה

Audio pronunciation here: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:He-YHWH.ogg
Last edited by Gman on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.