Hello

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Johnny916
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Hello

Post by Johnny916 »

My name is Johnathan Argeuelles. I'm an Orthodox Jew (Hasidic Judaism). I only wanted to join this site for fun and to chit-chat about religion or faith. It is fun discussing Judaism with Christians. Ask me anything you will like.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Hello

Post by B. W. »

Johnny916 wrote:My name is Johnathan Argeuelles. I'm an Orthodox Jew (Hasidic Judaism). I only wanted to join this site for fun and to chit-chat about religion or faith. It is fun discussing Judaism with Christians. Ask me anything you will like.
Welcome to the Forum...

There are a wide array of diverse people here so you should get your bargin fill here.

Maybe you could help some of us brush up on our Hebrew !!!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

Thanks! In fact I'm learning Hebrew. Long story short I was born into a Jewish family but we were not religious or more secular. As an adult I decided I wanted to be a religious or spiritual Jew. I do have a couple books on the Hebrew alphabet and language which is helping me a lot in learning Hebrew.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Shalom Aleichem,
My mother was adopted from Isreal to england so i guess im half Jewish hehe.
welcome to the forum.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

Thanks!

My mother was born Jewish while my dad converted before marriage.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

So i guess i will be the first to ask, who do you think Jesus was?
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:So i guess i will be the first to ask, who do you think Jesus was?
That's kind of a tough question. I do not believe in Jesus. So, I can come from many different angles explaining how different people view Jesus in different ways. I can't say much from not believing in Jesus. But I can say I and others should respect a persons views about Jesus or anything else. To me Jesus is how you see him and I respect that. If Jesus was real he probably was an average person during his time period. Maybe was angry at the current situation he was living in life. I do not view Jesus as a religious figure or anything like that. Still if there was a Jesus I imagine he was more simpler in his life then we believe today. Does this help? I'm not good at explaining my opinions.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Johnny916 wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:So i guess i will be the first to ask, who do you think Jesus was?
That's kind of a tough question. I do not believe in Jesus. So, I can come from many different angles explaining how different people view Jesus in different ways. I can't say much from not believing in Jesus. But I can say I and others should respect a persons views about Jesus or anything else. To me Jesus is how you see him and I respect that. If Jesus was real he probably was an average person during his time period. Maybe was angry at the current situation he was living in life. I do not view Jesus as a religious figure or anything like that. Still if there was a Jesus I imagine he was more simpler in his life then we believe today. Does this help? I'm not good at explaining my opinions.
when you say you do not beleive in him, do you mean you dont beleive he was a historical figure or you dont beleive he was the messsiah?
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

I would like to say neither. But If he was real then he was just an individual who became a legend. so, just an historic figure who's real life is lost to history. There are times when strangers walk up to me and ask me about Jesus. I just say Jesus is Jesus. Jesus is how you view him and I respect that. From my times of seeing how many believe in him different ways or point out he's just another godlike figure influenced from other myths. I just decided to follow in my own path in Judaism.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Would that make Adam and Eve a myth then too? or Noah, Abraham etc...?
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

Why should it? I believe in the Jewish concept of creation. As well the Jewish view of Noah's life.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Just pointing out that there is more historical evidence supporting Jesus than there is for supporting any figure from the Old Testament.
Do you think that the prophesy in Isiah and other books has not yet been forfilled?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Forgot to ask, have you read the New Testament yet?
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

I knew someone would mention the OT having prophecies relating to Jesus some way or another. Short answer I see the verses differently. We can go on and on about the original meaning and concept of verses but we will never agree with one another. Mentioning Isiah Jews view Isiah to be about a young woman other then a virgin from the future. This also rises concern since I do not believe G-d can become a man, divide himself, or have a son that is like a demigod. Sorry, but I just do not see what many Christians see. Everything seems to be alien to us.
Johnny916
Familiar Member

Post by Johnny916 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Forgot to ask, have you read the New Testament yet?
The entire new testament? No! But I have studied Jesus from the Christian perspective. Asked questions to see how Christians view Jesus and what not. Many times over the years I had to back track because many different Christians do have different views or concepts of their faiths. Mormons, Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, regular Christians who attended church services in my area, and who ever identified themselves as Christians. I respected their opinions on their testimonies and what they had learn from being a Christian. This has helped me understand the New Testament from the Christian bible better.