What can demons do to a man?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

What can demons do to a man?

Post by CeT-To »

^ topic question.

By that i mean in the sense - how do they tempt us to sin?
Do they place thoughts into our minds?
Do they place emotions to lead us astray?

What do they do and how do they do it?

God bless!
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: What can demons do to a man?

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

They wait until your vunerable, when somthing happens that has a negative impact on your life they seed you mind with doubt.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

I think Danny’s response pretty well summed it up.

But to add on, I like to think of this topic as the demon on your left shoulder and the angel on your right. The demon tells you "there is no god", "nobody is watching", "c'mon you know you want to", and the fading voice on your right shoulder is telling you "he is real" "your better than this” “you’ll regret this later"
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Mmmmm yeah i guess, i think they can also plague us when we try our best to follow the Lord.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

they can posses you and torment you with vile and evil thoughts. immoral imaginations. and if that possession is strong they inflict pain in the body as well.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

If you are a Christian they cannot possess you, but they can torment...
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:If you are a Christian they cannot possess you, but they can torment...
I dunno Zoe, been around awhile and some members within a church fellowship can sure act weird causing all kinds of problems, strife, etc, manipulate, etc... Possessed-maybe??? Provoked - possible???
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

I can understand provoked, tormented, but if Christ indwells in us, if we are, in fact, possessed by Christ, I guess I've been taught that you will not be possessed. I can find the scripture to back it up, but that's what I thought.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

zoegirl wrote:I can understand provoked, tormented, but if Christ indwells in us, if we are, in fact, possessed by Christ, I guess I've been taught that you will not be possessed. I can find the scripture to back it up, but that's what I thought.
I agree with Zoe on this one. But, we need to realize not all who CLAIM to be Christian, are truly indwelt with the Holy Spirit.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

I have never been possessed, but I have been harassed by forces of an unclean nature on many occasions. When I was very young it was almost a nightly affair. Sometimes it scared me so much to the point where many of my nighttime memories are hazy at best and I am unable to identify clearly between dream and reality. Every once in a while, especially lately, something will awaken a memory of something terrible I experienced when I was young that I'd forgotten (intentionally?), but I can never quite put my finger on the exact occurrence- just vague images and the fear that I remember feeling.

I do have one very clear and lucid memory from about a decade ago involving demonic forces that I can share if asked. It was something terrifying for me, but, in the end I am grateful for it in some ways. Christ delivered me from it and the memory really strengthens my faith and love for Him.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Rob wrote:I have never been possessed, but I have been harassed by forces of an unclean nature on many occasions. When I was very young it was almost a nightly affair. Sometimes it scared me so much to the point where many of my nighttime memories are hazy at best and I am unable to identify clearly between dream and reality. Every once in a while, especially lately, something will awaken a memory of something terrible I experienced when I was young that I'd forgotten (intentionally?), but I can never quite put my finger on the exact occurrence- just vague images and the fear that I remember feeling.

I do have one very clear and lucid memory from about a decade ago involving demonic forces that I can share if asked. It was something terrifying for me, but, in the end I am grateful for it in some ways. Christ delivered me from it and the memory really strengthens my faith and love for Him.

wow.....

That is pretty intense
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Rob wrote:I have never been possessed, but I have been harassed by forces of an unclean nature on many occasions. When I was very young it was almost a nightly affair. Sometimes it scared me so much to the point where many of my nighttime memories are hazy at best and I am unable to identify clearly between dream and reality. Every once in a while, especially lately, something will awaken a memory of something terrible I experienced when I was young that I'd forgotten (intentionally?), but I can never quite put my finger on the exact occurrence- just vague images and the fear that I remember feeling.

Wow, please do share if you are comfortable with it.

God bless!

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
zoegirl wrote:I can understand provoked, tormented, but if Christ indwells in us, if we are, in fact, possessed by Christ, I guess I've been taught that you will not be possessed. I can find the scripture to back it up, but that's what I thought.
I agree with Zoe on this one. But, we need to realize not all who CLAIM to be Christian, are truly indwelt with the Holy Spirit.
Not to detract from Rob but only here addressing Zoe and Rick’s comment:

I think of Westboro church group – are they all possessed? Or Oppressed?? – some of them I think must be truly saved…
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

B. W. wrote:
RickD wrote:
Not to detract from Rob but only here addressing Zoe and Rick’s comment:

I think of Westboro church group – are they all possessed? Or Oppressed?? – some of them I think must be truly saved…
They are posessed with hate and fear, i kinda feel a little physically ill whenever their name is mentioned. It is not up to us to judge whether they are saved or not but their actions are hardly Christ like, how could you truly love Christ and hate so much?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

CeT-To wrote:
Wow, please do share if you are comfortable with it.

God bless!
I posted it in the Christian Chit-Chat forum if you'd like to read about it.