2011 disasters

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: 2011 disasters

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: Does the Bahamas also have a bad track record while dealing with Israel? I ask, because if what your asserting is true, then Bahamas may have taken the full force of Irene. What has the Bahamas' administration done to Israel?
We don't even know what damage will occur in the U.S. yet.. I would assume it will be more costly in the U.S. since there is more at stake here than the Bahamas which is a very poor country. Reporters say that this hurricane will be one of the worst they have seen in 50 to 40 years.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:Gman, this video is probably right up your alley as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKi5AbnE ... ata_player
I guess we will have to wait and see... There are a series of incidences that have happened when people have cursed Israel.. A lot of this is recorded in the book "The Israel Omen." If someone wants to test this theory, then go for it...

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

It's interesting that hurricane Irene is growing in the Atlantic. Just after putting pressure on Israel.. I don't think this is a coincidence..
What are you saying here? Are you saying the hurricane is a judgement from God. Are you saying the hurricane is a warning from God to the US about Israel?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

Reading this thread, I feel that this thread should be kept in mind:

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 13&t=36022
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Seraph wrote:Reading this thread, I feel that this thread should be kept in mind:

Good point Seraph. That's what I'm trying to get at as well. We need to be cautious about saying it's God's judgement when a natural disaster happens. It may be a judgment, but it may just be natural ways God has made for the earth to sustain life.

Although, I do still believe God will bless those who bless Israel, and curse those that curse Israel. This mighty nation's(US) downfall may come from its turning away from Israel.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:
It's interesting that hurricane Irene is growing in the Atlantic. Just after putting pressure on Israel.. I don't think this is a coincidence..
What are you saying here? Are you saying the hurricane is a judgement from God. Are you saying the hurricane is a warning from God to the US about Israel?
Sure.. It's possible and has happened before in scripture. Did I say that I'm 100 percent positive that the turmoil we see today is the result of how we handle Israel? I don't believe I have ever said such a thing. However, we also need to be aware of such curses that have happened before in the past. Based on the evidence, it "appears" to be possibly true.. That is all I'm saying..

Does that make any sense?

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Seraph wrote:Reading this thread, I feel that this thread should be kept in mind:

What is your point in bringing this up Seraph? What did I mean when I said we have to be careful with prophecy?

Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

Well I bring it up because although you haven't said it directly, you seem to be inferring that hurricane Irene and the east coast earthquakes in America are related to our reluctance to support Israel, which is a staggering claim. While it isn't impossible that they are related, I think they are purely coincidence and I think that if we claim to know the will of God when we actually don't, it has bad consequences for the image of Christianity.

Which was the excellent point you made in that thread. I'm just saying be careful with prophesy.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Seraph wrote:Well I bring it up because although you haven't said it directly, you seem to be inferring that hurricane Irene and the east coast earthquakes in America are related to our reluctance to support Israel, which is a staggering claim. While it isn't impossible that they are related, I think they are purely coincidence and I think that if we claim to know the will of God when we actually don't, it has bad consequences for the image of Christianity.
It's not a staggering claim according to the Bible.. It happened in many occasions when people tried to divide up the land of Israel. I'm inferring that when we mess with Israel that we too could get messed with. By God almighty. I have no fear in saying that..
Seraph wrote:Which was the excellent point you made in that thread. I'm just saying be careful with prophesy.
Oh I consider many things when it comes to prophecy.. Many. I'm also willing to admit I could be wrong when it comes to things in prophecy too.. I'm just not willing to say absolutely positively when it comes to certain things in prophecy. Like the number 666 is a computer chip, etc.. I will say however that I believe that prophecy hinges on the state of Israel. I will state that... I believe in a LITERAL interpretation of revelation although I'm not exactly sure how it will pan out..

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ok, I understand you'd point now. That's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure because you said:
My only question to you still stands if this hurricane is a judgement by God on the US. Why are other countries bearing the brunt of this storm? The Bahamas was right in the middle of its path.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:Ok, I understand you'd point now. That's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure because you said:
My only question to you still stands if this hurricane is a judgement by God on the US. Why are other countries bearing the brunt of this storm? The Bahamas was right in the middle of its path.
Yes.. I've already answered that question. Top post.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote:Ok, I understand you'd point now. That's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure because you said:
Yes.. I've already answered that question. Top post.
G, that answer doesn't hold water IMO. If the hurricane is a judgment against the US as you infer, then God could have directed its path around other countries. That surely would have gotten more peoples attention.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Although, now that I'm seeing the path of Irene, I may have to agree with you. Most of the bible belt will be spared. It just looks like the heathens in NY and NE will be judged. :ewink:

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:Although, now that I'm seeing the path of Irene, I may have to agree with you. Most of the bible belt will be spared. It just looks like the heathens in NY and NE will be judged. :ewink:
Oy vey! We are doomed.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
August
Old School

Post by August »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:Although, now that I'm seeing the path of Irene, I may have to agree with you. Most of the bible belt will be spared. It just looks like the heathens in NY and NE will be judged. :ewink:
Oy vey! We are doomed.

Better mosey on over to Home Depot, buy some materials and start building an ark.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com