2011 disasters

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: 2011 disasters

Post by Gman »

Time is ticking.. If the U.S. defaults on it's loans, it won't be a good thing. There were many prophets who predicted that a collapse could be coming to America this summer and if not this summer sometime in the near future. The Bible predicts such things...

Why more people are not talking about such things seems really silly to me..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Don't look at me...

"The year 2011 has already established itself in the record books as a historic year for weather-related disasters, and it is not over -- in fact, hurricane season is just getting under way,"

Here are the other eight..

Upper Midwest flooding, summer

The Missouri and Souris rivers flooded across the Upper Midwest. About 11,000 people were forced to evacuate Minot, North Dakota, and thousands of acres of farmland flooded along the Missouri. Five people were killed, and estimated losses exceed $2 billion and counting.

Mississippi River flooding, spring-summer

Heavy rain and melting snow in the Ohio Valley caused historic flooding along the Mississippi River and its tributaries. At least two people died, and the estimated economic loss ranges from $2 billion to $4 billion.

Southern Plains/Southwest drought, heat wave and wildfires, spring-summer

Drought, heat wave and wildfires have devastated parts of Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Kansas, Arkansas and Louisiana. The total direct losses are well over $5 billion, and the drought continues.

Southeast/Ohio Valley/Midwest tornadoes, April 25-30

An outbreak of 305 tornadoes over central and Southern states killed 327 people, including 240 in Alabama. Several of the storms struck heavily populated areas, including Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, and Huntsville in Alabama and Chattanooga, Tennessee, causing the damage costs to soar to more than $9 billion.

Midwest/Southeast tornadoes, April 14-16

Just a few days earlier, an outbreak of 160 tornadoes struck 10 central and Southern states, killing 38 people, 22 of them in North Carolina. Total property losses exceeded $2 billion.

Southeast/Midwest tornadoes, April 8-11

One week before that, an estimated 59 tornadoes in nine states didn't kill anyone but caused more than $2.2 billion in damage.

Midwest/Southeast tornadoes, April 4-5

In the first week of April, 46 tornadoes struck 10 central and Southern states, causing nine deaths and doing $2.3 billion damage.

Groundhog Day Blizzard, January 29-February 3

A large winter storm struck many states in the central, al, eastern and northeastern U.S., leaving 36 people dead. Total losses exceeded $2 billion.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/20/weathe ... ?hpt=hp_c1

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ok Gman, I'll bite:
Time is ticking.. If the U.S. defaults on it's loans, it won't be a good thing. There were many prophets who predicted that a collapse could be coming to America this summer and if not this summer sometime in the near future. The Bible predicts such things...

Where does the bible predict a collapse of America?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

When good things happen it's a sign from God, when bad things happen it's a sign from God.

If America is prospering it's a sign from God, if America is faltering it's a sign from God.

There are plenty of people taking the debt crisis seriously, one day we may realise again that debt and interest is not the most fruitful way to manage the needs of humanity. There does seem to be some disagreement as to wether taking the current finical climate seriously involves taking the Cristian idea of the coming of Christ seriously. The world has been through some pretty bleak times since Jesus died.

The notion that one is living through a pivotal moment in humanity seems pretty common throughout the ages.

I find it hard to digest that nearly 2000 years after the death of Jesus you are starting threads pretty much saying "any day now".

I predict there will be many catastrophic events in 2012 due to Loki being unhappy with the dominance of Christianity in human worship.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Proinsias wrote:When good things happen it's a sign from God, when bad things happen it's a sign from God.

If America is prospering it's a sign from God, if America is faltering it's a sign from God.

He's everywhere, pro, isn't He? :lol:

Praise Him
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Gman wrote: "The year 2011 has already established itself in the record books as a historic year for weather-related disasters, and it is not over -- in fact, hurricane season is just getting under way,"
Just yesterday I was reading in the French magazine Science & Vie (Science & Life) that disasters have increased fourfold since the 1950s on a yearly basis. (Disasters included famines, earthquakes, floods, and very bad weather. The Science & Vie writer attributed these to global warming...)

''Interesting,'' I thought, ''we are still eating and drinking and being merry.''

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:Ok Gman, I'll bite:

Where does the bible predict a collapse of America?
Some are predicting another recession or possible collapse this year... The Bible doesn't specifically address America but the world economic systems globally which could effect America.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Interesting that all these calamities are occurring while Israel is about to be divided up. And now earthquakes in DC and Colorado..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ovkyOJmAxA

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman wrote:Interesting that all these calamities are occurring while Israel is about to be divided up. And now earthquakes in DC and Colorado..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ovkyOJmAxA
Yes it is Gman! Yes it is...
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

B. W. wrote: Yes it is Gman! Yes it is...
Another interesting thing I have just found out. Apparently the U.S. state department has told Israel to apologize to Turkey and Egypt for it's recent retaliations against those countries..

Do we realize how stupid that is? Telling Israel to apologize for Egypt's and Turkey's aggressions against Israel? This kind of X@*$ really makes me upset.. Do these people call themselves educated?

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Gman wrote:Apparently the U.S. state department has told Israel to apologize to Turkey and Egypt for it's recent retaliations against those countries..
www.israeltoday.co.il for breaking news (like the above) from a Messianic Jewish perspective.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Thanks for that tip FL.. From this website.

"Israel's largest daily newspaper, Yediot Ahronot, reported on Wednesday that the Obama Administration is threatening Israel to either apologize to Turkey over its bloody interception of a Gaza aid flotilla last year, or risk strained ties with Washington."

Obama to Israel: Apologize to Turkey, or else

It's interesting that hurricane Irene is growing in the Atlantic. Just after putting pressure on Israel.. I don't think this is a coincidence..

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

This is also a real good series...

America Cursed By Forcing Israel

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

It's interesting that hurricane Irene is growing in the Atlantic. Just after putting pressure on Israel.. I don't think this is a coincidence..
Does the Bahamas also have a bad track record while dealing with Israel? I ask, because if what your asserting is true, then Bahamas may have taken the full force of Irene. What has the Bahamas' administration done to Israel?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman, this video is probably right up your alley as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKi5AbnE ... ata_player

-Edward R Murrow