Saying's, quotes or statements to share

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Saying's, quotes or statements to share

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hey Guy's
I like this quote
"Seven Blunders of the World"

1. Wealth without work

2. Pleasure without conscience
3. Knowledge without character

4. Commerce without morality

5. Science without humanity

6. Worship without sacrifice

7. Politics without principle

—Mahatma Gandhi
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: Saying's, quotes or statements to share

Post by neo-x »

I love a lot of quotes but here is one,

"Stand up for what you believe in even if you are standing alone"
Sophie Scholl

Sophie was a 21 years old German student, active within the White Rose non-violent resistance group in Nazi Germany. She was convicted of high treason after having been found distributing anti-war leaflets at the University of Munich with her brother Hans. As a result, they were both executed by guillotine.
Since the 1970s, Scholl has been celebrated as one of the great German heroes who actively opposed the Third Reich during the Second World War.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi Neo-x
i love the quote, its being added to my list of favourites as we speak :thumbsup:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

All my favorites are from general patton.....
Maybe a bit racy to put on this site :lol:

The one on my signature is probably one of the few appropriate ones.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

I like quotes by G.K. Chesterton... Witty, sharp, uncompromising... yB-)2

"The only way to be sure of catching a train is to miss the one before it."

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people."

"Those thinkers who cannot believe in any gods often assert that the love of humanity would be in itself sufficient for them; and so, perhaps, it would, if they had it."

"When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?"

"Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously."

"A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author."

"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame."

And my favourite...

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid."

:clap:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Reactionary wrote:I like quotes by G.K. Chesterton... Witty, sharp, uncompromising... yB-)2

"The only way to be sure of catching a train is to miss the one before it."

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people."

"Those thinkers who cannot believe in any gods often assert that the love of humanity would be in itself sufficient for them; and so, perhaps, it would, if they had it."

"When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?"

"Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously."

"A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author."

"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame."

And my favourite...

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid."

:clap:
Love it, thanks. My absolute favorite is the one about education. So true.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

I always liked Chesterton's:
"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly."