Check this anti-abortion site out.

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Check this anti-abortion site out.

Post by Jonouchi Katsuya »

Regarding Ecclesiastes. Do you understand the context? This is a lament of Solomon. God used humans to write the bible for a reason. To not only convey the plans of God, but to also reveal the futility of the human experience without God. Solomon reveals this quite well. It is certainly not an endorsement for abortion. Shame on you for suggesting such.
Yes, but wouldn't they be without God anyway? Their mother obviously does not believe in God the same way you do.
Hi I am a Buddhist and I seek enlightenment. I do not know everything. I do not pretend to know everything. I desire strongly to discuss the Bible as you see it. Please correct me when I get something wrong.
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member

Well, this may sound mean, but it is true. Those children, shouldbe absolutly estatic that they were adopted in the U.S and not sri lanka.
Now you may find this offencive, but sucicide is selfish and cowardly. I, 3 years ago tryed to kill myself, and you what I wish I could do now? Go back and scream at my self for being a weak coward and slap myself around a bit. Weakness is the cause of suicide. I am 100% positive if those kids stopped feeling sorry for themselves and did something productive, (go to the gym, study the bible, find a sport) they would not feel that way anymore.

If you hate life in america, rich or poor, you should be deported to sri lanka to live in a tent city with every disease you can think, dying men women and children all around you, and learn what actual starvation is.

And that child, unless they are being beaten, should have an insane amount of love for their foster family, they took them in and payed thousands of dollars to support them. now I assume they hate their foster home because "Evil DaDy YeLled aT mE" and fail to realize that evil daddy took them under his arm and devoted a large portion of his life to them.

HOW DARE YOU CLAIM THIS ABOUT ME!!!!!@@!!!wEDJWEOFKHEQWLVFNDSVRASLENVFRDKSJANGS

[love] YOU. I HATE THIS SITE. I OFFICIALLY HATE CHRISTIANS. THANKS YOU NO GOOD BASTARD. I HATE YOU. NEVER SAY WHAT I FEEL. YOU HAVE NO [love] IDEA. I HATE YOU.
Hi I am a Buddhist and I seek enlightenment. I do not know everything. I do not pretend to know everything. I desire strongly to discuss the Bible as you see it. Please correct me when I get something wrong.
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member

(calms down and didn't mean most of that)
Last edited by Jonouchi Katsuya on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member

I don't actually hate Christians... I just hate people who say I hate America.

The coolest thing about America is that... we have this wonderful freedom. We have this wonderful philosophy and ability to critisize our own government. And I know it is worse other places. I never want to live anywhere else.

Every foriegn student I have talked to says this nation is wonderful. They love it here. I have friends from Burma, Japan, South Korea, a pen pal from Turkey, Sweeden.

The only country I think may be worth living in is Canada- but they like it here too. We wouldn't have so many immigrants if we weren't so grand. We wouldn't have so many illegal ones either.

America is a wonderful place. I love American people and people who love America. Just because sometimes a few of us look at other countries and wish we had that here, doesn't mean anything. I think it just means they wish America was number one in maternal survival like Ireland. Or top in education like the Nordic countries and Japan.

We want those things here because we want other countries to see us as great too. I don't want this nation to turn into Russia (no abortion). Or China (forced abortion). We are in this happy middle and I love it. I love that we allow women to choose if that is what they want to do. I am happy we don't commit infanticide to control population (like some places with severe population issues be happy we aren't them).

Let's be happy that we are a nation that wastes so much food, we have so much plenty, that our wasted food could feed the hungry 3x over.

That is just because we are so great. I don't know why other people are so unhappy with our nation and want to move- but that is their right. And it is awesome that we have that.

So don't you guys dare to say I hate America.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by Murray »

Please Re-read. I said a person that hates america should be deported (joke) to live in another country for a day.

I said "if you (you being directed at the american population) hate america"

I DID NOT SAY "you (being you) hate america and you should be deported"
Last edited by Murray on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Bad Karma, Katsuya

I don't know how much good Karma is required now to get you back on the path to enlightenment

And that's not taking into account any further slip ups on this recovery road of lost ground, which will only delay your comeback

It is indeed a setback

Good luck

y@};-
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Unfortuantely there seems to be a misunderstanding or lost in translation issue here, Shalom aleichem Katsuya.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Unfortuantely there seems to be a misunderstanding or lost in translation issue here, Shalom aleichem Katsuya.

yes indeed there is......
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

[love] YOU. I HATE THIS SITE. I OFFICIALLY HATE CHRISTIANS. THANKS YOU NO GOOD BASTARD. I HATE YOU. NEVER SAY WHAT I FEEL. YOU HAVE NO [love] IDEA. I HATE YOU.
It is indeed a setback
It is indeed a major one, I mean hate all Christians...wow...that's more than a billion people you are talking about. :pound: And here it was us who were being accused of hatred. y*-:)
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
SnowDrops
Established Member

Post by SnowDrops »

Katsuya, you still didn't answer my question. I don't know what significance having a soul has in your religion.

Oh, btw Murray said if... He never implied that you (or anyone) did.
The first step to learning is to admit that you don't know.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Nothing in the bible states that a fetus is fully human or is to be treated as human. Least from what I recall.
Well maybe you need to consider this.
Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,"

Scientifically speaking, conception is the beginning of personhood. You can't argue with the facts. It isn't a matter of whether it is a genetically unique person, only what stage of development it is at.

So, scientifically speaking it is a person. Now, biblically we have shown you it is a person.

Yet, you somehow think you are qualified to play god, and determine which persons should be killed because there might be potentially bad outcome or hard life ahead?
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Please calm the rhetoric down on this thread. Disagreement is fine. Please keep comments to issues and not personally toward others.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
SnowDrops
Established Member

Post by SnowDrops »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Please calm the rhetoric down on this thread. Disagreement is fine. Please keep comments to issues and not personally toward others.
I think there was just a misinterpretation of Murray's' comment.
The first step to learning is to admit that you don't know.
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:I don't actually hate Christians... I just hate people who say I hate America.

The coolest thing about America is that... we have this wonderful freedom. We have this wonderful philosophy and ability to critisize our own government. And I know it is worse other places. I never want to live anywhere else.

*like*
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
domokunrox
Valued Member

Post by domokunrox »

If the US would get me citizenship to the country of my choosing because I didn't like living here anymore, I would take them up on that.

Wouldn't even think twice.