Best book for x-jw

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Ajay Parmar
Acquainted Member

Best book for x-jw

Post by Ajay Parmar »

I found a best book for asking question to JW. I this is a best book and every one must read this. It will give you some questions and reasoning by which you can fight with JW. And I know no JW have the answer of that question.

The book is by Don Cameron — Captives of a Concept

You can download it from http://www.CaptivesOfaConcept.com

Ajay
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Best book for x-jw

Post by Mastermind »

Ajay Parmar wrote:I found a best book for asking question to JW. I this is a best book and every one must read this. It will give you some questions and reasoning by which you can fight with JW. And I know no JW have the answer of that question.

The book is by Don Cameron — Captives of a Concept

You can download it from http://www.CaptivesOfaConcept.com

Ajay
All you need against JWs is John 1:3

Even their version of the bible cannot help them.
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
LittleShepherd
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by LittleShepherd »

Or try this for a Biblically sound way of witnessing to anyone, regardless of their religion:

http://wayofthemaster.com/

Their main book, Way of the Master, is excellent. "Law to the proud. Grace to the humble." They also have a School of Biblical Evangelism, in both website and book forms(the website one is more expensive, but has a few perks) -- a great choice if you want more specific info on a variety of topics that can come up while witnessing. They also publish a book called "What Hollywood Believes." A great way to get gossipers thinking about spiritual things.

That said, I'm still quite interested in the above mentioned book. The SoBE is more of a primer, and some more indepth info would be nice to have.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

cool, guys, thanks! i would love to learn how to witness. someone told me to get: one thing you can't do in heaven. don't know the author. anyone read it?
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
LittleShepherd
Established Member

Post by LittleShepherd »

Mastermind wrote:All you need against JWs is John 1:3

But what does this really accomplish? I remember back in my pre-Christian days(when I believed I was a Christian) trying to debate with a Jehovah's Witness. They have answers to almost everything you can put forth. Even if their version of the Bible doesn't help them, don't count on them not having something to explain the inconsistencies. It's a cult for a reason.

I really like the link to Captives of a Concept. Upon visiting the website, it makes a little more sense just why a Jehovah's Witness is so hard to sway, even when using the Bible itself. First is their view of the Watchtower. Second is their view of the situation, and how they're viewing you while you present this stuff to them.

As Christians, we should be praying for changes of heart, not intellectual smackdowns. You can punch holes in JW theology from now until doomsday, and it's just going to make them defensive and less receptive to Christ.

I really like this book's approach, too. You basically bring up the right stuff, and get them to look into issues of the Watchtower that they normally don't explore. Get them to think they're teaching you about their organization, while what they're really doing is teaching themselves in such a way as to expose the lies and manipulation the Watchtower has used to keep them in bondage.

Interesting stuff. I'm going to get this book soon.
Ajay Parmar
Acquainted Member

Simple Language Book

Post by Ajay Parmar »

Captives of a Concept is very light and simple language book. If one can read only some captions they start thinking about questions which that book raised. If you try to tell any JW that read Gentile Times Reconsidered of Crises of Conscious he or she never try to read that or you can't sit and discuss whole things with them. But if you just ask one or two question from this book it will remain in their mind. I tried it and it give me good result so I recommend every one that read Captives of a Concept book and try to put some questions in JW's mind so they also able to come out from Satan's snare.

Ajay
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

LittleShepherd wrote:
Mastermind wrote:All you need against JWs is John 1:3

But what does this really accomplish? I remember back in my pre-Christian days(when I believed I was a Christian) trying to debate with a Jehovah's Witness. They have answers to almost everything you can put forth. Even if their version of the Bible doesn't help them, don't count on them not having something to explain the inconsistencies. It's a cult for a reason.
John 1:3 removes any possibility that Jesus was created. All you have to do is to keep them on that verse. Don't let them drag you around all over the Bible. They will cave in and either break or leave.
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?