Who sends the Counselor/Comforter/Advocate?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Who sends the Counselor/Comforter/Advocate?

Post by Christian2 »

John 14:

16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever.

John 16:

7 Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don’t go away the Counselor will not come to you. If I go, I will send Him to you.

Is this a contradiction?

Thank you.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Who sends the Counselor/Comforter/Advocate?

Post by Philip »

Christian 2: John 14:

16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever.

John 16:

7 Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don’t go away the Counselor will not come to you. If I go, I will send Him to you.

Is this a contradiction?
The Counselor is the Holy Spirit of God - and God is a Trinity of One: Father, Son and Holy Spirit - all of whom are equally, individually and collectively God.

You can study the Scriptures supporting the Trinity of God here: http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/g ... inity.html
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Who sends the Counselor/Comforter/Advocate?

Post by PaulSacramento »

Christian2 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:52 pm John 14:

John 16:

Is this a contradiction?

Thank you.
The Father GIVES us the HS and the HS is SENT by the Son.