Chronology of the Kingdom

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Ged
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Chronology of the Kingdom

Post by Ged »

Piecing together the jigsaw of Bible chronology is not an easy task, so claims of pin-point accuracy concerning ancient dates tend to get dismissed. Is it not more reasonable to say, "approximately?" However, the internal chronologies of the Old Testament are more accurate than previously thought, and I have traced them in three stages from Moses to Messiah: the Judges period, the Kings of Israel and Judah, and the Inter-testament era.

Twenty-six full-length charts, each spanning about 60 years, are displayed in landscape on A4 paper size, and saved in pdf format for ease of printing. At the top of each page is room for one more detailed diagram plus explanatory text. The timelines show every year, partial years, co-regencies (in the case of kings), foreign emperors, Sabbath years, and major events, together with biblical references. They will be useful to anyone who wants a very accurate, but visually simple, succession of timeframes covering Israel’s early historical time periods.

The Sabbatical and Jubilee cycles are taken from my other published book, 'The Atonement Clock.' These cycles have been considered lost but that is not so. By discovering the Sabbatic-Jubilee system, we are given an unbroken sequence of dates backing up the historical record and providing a dating framework upon which ancient dates can be cross-referenced. The above mentioned book has page size constraints which limit visibility so it was decided to publish this full size manual of supplementary charts separately.

FREE DOWNLOAD

'Chronology of the Kingdom'
is available free on the Internet for readers who wish to print and study the subject closely. Charts may be copied and distributed provided no changes are made, and provided that copyright is acknowledged. It is my hope that these be downloaded, printed, and made use of by Bible teachers.

Get Chronology of the Kingdom on PDF Drive:

Or get it on my website:

If you see anything for discussion, just go ahead and Ill join in.
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Chronology of the Kingdom

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Ged wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 pm Piecing together the jigsaw of Bible chronology is not an easy task, so claims of pin-point accuracy concerning ancient dates tend to get dismissed. Is it not more reasonable to say, "approximately?" However, the internal chronologies of the Old Testament are more accurate than previously thought, and I have traced them in three stages from Moses to Messiah: the Judges period, the Kings of Israel and Judah, and the Inter-testament era.

Twenty-six full-length charts, each spanning about 60 years, are displayed in landscape on A4 paper size, and saved in pdf format for ease of printing. At the top of each page is room for one more detailed diagram plus explanatory text. The timelines show every year, partial years, co-regencies (in the case of kings), foreign emperors, Sabbath years, and major events, together with biblical references. They will be useful to anyone who wants a very accurate, but visually simple, succession of timeframes covering Israel’s early historical time periods.

The Sabbatical and Jubilee cycles are taken from my other published book, 'The Atonement Clock.' These cycles have been considered lost but that is not so. By discovering the Sabbatic-Jubilee system, we are given an unbroken sequence of dates backing up the historical record and providing a dating framework upon which ancient dates can be cross-referenced. The above mentioned book has page size constraints which limit visibility so it was decided to publish this full size manual of supplementary charts separately.

FREE DOWNLOAD

'Chronology of the Kingdom'
is available free on the Internet for readers who wish to print and study the subject closely. Charts may be copied and distributed provided no changes are made, and provided that copyright is acknowledged. It is my hope that these be downloaded, printed, and made use of by Bible teachers.

Get Chronology of the Kingdom on PDF Drive:

Or get it on my website:

If you see anything for discussion, just go ahead and Ill join in.
Moses was around 15-1200BC right? Off the top of my head that was so.
Also this will be beating a dead horse but the first several chapters of Genesis are especially difficult for most, with many saying it was an allegory or something non literal. Indeed I do see a rough overview of humanity's existence from caveman days to the neolithic revolution/maybe Noah (though it's possible some geniuses over the hundreds of thousands of years dabbled in stuff like farming and metallurgy, and our current cycle is the one that stuck permanently.) Then we see Jericho being built after the flood (so this flood was over 8000 years ago), but the dates don't exactly add up to that. Many conservatives even stretch it some.
Ged
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Chronology of the Kingdom

Post by Ged »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Moses was around 15-1200BC right? Off the top of my head that was so.
Thanks for replying thatkid. Most chronologies start at a few provable dates during the reigns of the kings. Then they work backwards to Adam. I only go back as far as Abraham. Thats about my limit before getting into water too deep for me. ;)

Most modern Bible study notes place the Exodus in 1446 BC. I say 1444 BC but we wont argue about 2 years.
Free, printable Bible studies for groups.
www.5loaves2fishes.net/free-resources