Does Suicide = Hell ?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Does Suicide = Hell ?

Post by Blessed » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:18 am

melanie wrote:Oh this is why and I mean no disrespect Blessed that I have major concerns about the establishment known as Christianity.
I am well aware of this idea that suicide VICTIMS are left burning in the fiery pits of hell and I don’t think it’s a surprise you’ve no scripture supporting the idea. What scripture does show us is the nature of God. Whilst not every question we have is answered in scripture we can look at what we know to be true about God. Our example lies in Jesus. His teachings and His lessons.
Statistically 90% of people who commit suicide are mentally ill followed by people with terminal illnesses. We are talking about the most vulnerable people in society.
So whilst there may not be scripture pertaining directly to suicide, by the very nature of God I think the answer is obvious as to whether suicide equals hell.
"The establishment known as Christianity" - what do you mean by that?

"Statistically 90% of people who commit suicide are mentally ill followed by people with terminal illnesses" - Where do you get those statistics from?

"So whilst there may not be scripture pertaining directly to suicide, by the very nature of God I think the answer is obvious as to whether suicide equals hell."

- I would agree with you - depending on the specific person and circumstances of the suicide. But then again I cannot find any direct scripture other than the book of Samual. Every time I ask I'm given the ten commandments (Thou shall not Kill) and the NT temple references. I can see why people would connect these dots. But even still there is nothing as direct , as say, male homosexuality ;)

cled
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Re: Does Suicide = Hell ?

Post by cled » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 pm

I think the answer is to what have you become , is your end result . If a person chooses to be sinful because the pleasure they receive from sin then they are on the path of destruction . It very well may make no difference what kind of lifestyle you came from . Even those that came from terrible childhoods that try to cover the wounds of the soul by drugs and alcohol are not exempt from judgment from their actions. I can only hope that the life we once attained to in christ jesus and being born again and now fallen away from will still afford us some kind of salvation . Yes we may have walked with God for a few yrs and been faithful to him and now fallen away, does that mean we will be in hell? I cant tell you , I choose not to gamble with my salvation so I obey him . I would guess no matter what lifestyle we evolved from there's a age of accountability we all reach when we willfully choose to disobey god and then that is when sin starts to count against us. But as for the truma i received from being raised from a alcoholic father and the terrors we suffered each night by him ( The Circus) God helps me to cope without the use of medications . I have been sober over 27 yrs solid. No breaks in that. The cross before me, the world behind me, no turning back, no turning back Or As the dog goes back the the vomit . I will not give the devil a foothold into my life whereby he may destroy me from the inside out.