Chrislam

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Chrislam

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

How can someone reconcile the differences between Christianity and Islam? Like for instance their gospels, Christianity says it's by faith you're saved, and works just come as a result of the Spirit while Islam teaches a works salvation doctrine.
IceMobster
Christian: No

Re: Chrislam

Post by IceMobster »

There needs not to be any reconciliation. There is but one way to God, and that is not through "his prophet" (Matthew 7:15-28).
I just fail to understand how can someone believe some crazya$$ guy that entered a cave and got himself high on mushrooms
was a messenger of god. They then proceeded to convert people by sword (from 622.-632. Arabian peninsula was conquered, then 637. Jerusalem, 641. Alexandria, ........).

Compare that to Christianity and you will notice Christianity is vastly superior in that regard (well, in other regards, as well,...).

The title gave me cancer, though. :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

One can't reconcile them. As far as I'm aware, Islam was created by someone who believed Christianity had been adulterated with falsehoods over time. So a compromise between the two wouldn't really make sense.
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

The misconception is that Islam branches off from the Judaism/Christian tree. However that is totally false. It was put together from a variety of religions or beliefs that were in the Saudi desert at the time. Then added to that are the convenient "revelations" that permitted Muhammed to do what he wanted to do.

People who think this is possible have no understanding of Christianity or Islam.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Allah is a gelling together of the Moon god pantheon into one being.

Bible tells us to have no fellowship with darkness but rather expose these...

Tells us to stay away from false teachers and teachings as well and that in the end times such will increase.

Evil like to pit standards of Biblical goodness and mercy against the Biblical own standards in order to weaken and diminish the opposition into ruin by having those that adhere to biblical goodness and mercy kill/destroy themselves...

False doctrines like Chrislam does just that...

The word in Peace in Islam means submission to sharia Islamism, and not peace as we in the west define it. The goal of Islam is geo-political world domination, ie, submission...

Stupid people are simply stupidly naive concerning Chrislam and do not realize that those they hug have a knife waiting for them in the end...

Will all Muslims become born again Christians? The answer is NO.

Also, I do not think that the vast conversions are really that vast and the ones that are actually converted to Chrsit Jesus John 3:16 and Romans 10 way, have nothing to do with Chrsilam, but rather the hand of God drawing them and awakening them, nothing else.

The Lord help me bring a few into the Kingdom of God,sadly, after converting, they dropped off the face of the planet in the Muslim countries in which they lived. Most likely killed or imprisoned. Another, a Pakistani pastor was most likely killed as well too, we were getting ready to do a Skpye Presentation there for his congregation under his charge, then last messages, persecution building in his area.

I am simply a realist when it comes to preaching to Muslims the gospel not someone controlled by media driven public opinion to hug a Muslim, go their Mosque, bring the mosques into the church to love them into the kingdom of God.

That is against what God warns us about doing...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Joel Osteen teaches it. I wonder why.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

Huh. Thatkid, I wonder if you'd be a fan of the likes of Jordan Peterson. Joel Osteen seems to be a fan of general (but not specific) spiritual truths, considering he seems to reject the idea that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation (a key specific truth). Personally, the problem I have with "Chrislam" and similar ideas is that they seem to shy away from core truths, trying in essence to say "everyone's right in a way." This can have some validity, but the way in which it's being done here just reeks of postmodernist thinking. Which is why I bring up Peterson, as he's one of the few not-really-Christians (which I'd have to classify Osteen as given his unorthodox beliefs) that I've seen who values multiple religions without resorting to an "everyone's right" mentality.

Anyhow, I pretty much agree with Abe here. It sounds like you see some truth in Islam and find a deeper evaluation of it worthwhile. May I suggest that its teachings are false in seductively misleading ways? One of the things that should raise alarm bells towards Islam is how anti-historical its creation was. Jesus Christ didn't come along and say that Judaism was wrong and that He now brought the "corrected" truth. He came in fulfillment of existing scriptures, and where He did indeed revise an idea, He gave rationale based on the problems of that time period (see Matthew 19:8 for instance). The "prophet" of Islam pretty much does the opposite, twisting Christian teachings to fit his own notions of how they ought to be. From a Christian standpoint, the most you could do with Islam is explain what the flaw is in every idea that deviates from Christianity.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

patrick wrote: Anyhow, I pretty much agree with Abe here. It sounds like you see some truth in Islam and find a deeper evaluation of it worthwhile. May I suggest that its teachings are false in seductively misleading ways? One of the things that should raise alarm bells towards Islam is how anti-historical its creation was. Jesus Christ didn't come along and say that Judaism was wrong and that He now brought the "corrected" truth. He came in fulfillment of existing scriptures, and where He did indeed revise an idea, He gave rationale based on the problems of that time period (see Matthew 19:8 for instance). The "prophet" of Islam pretty much does the opposite, twisting Christian teachings to fit his own notions of how they ought to be. From a Christian standpoint, the most you could do with Islam is explain what the flaw is in every idea that deviates from Christianity.
I agree that all religions have some truth, but are ultimately wrong. Ik how it's false and seductive, it is like most cults in that it twists the words of Jesus.
yorican67
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by yorican67 »

Muslims worship the Nabintain moon god, which Mohammad selected from pagan deities worshiped back in Saudi Arabia during it's conception. That's why we see Islam venerating the "crescent moon" being a symbol of their faith.

Genesis 1:16 states "God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night". We're not to worship the moon because it was created. This is idol worship just as if we're worshiping a golden calf. The moon is not a god that it should be worshiped...

A better translation of the passage should read "And God had made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night"

This better fits the context of the creation account, as compared to "day one" when the Sun was actually created:
Gen 1:5 "God called the light Day"
Gen 1:16 "the greater light to rule the day"
Same sun, same light... all created back on day one when he had made them.

You'll notice this same interpretive method used in the creation narrative and elsewhere in Genesis:

Gen 1:31 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD God had made.

Gen 6:6 And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

Gen. 8:6 At the end of forty days Noah opened the window of the ark that he had made

Gen 13:4 to the place where he had made an altar at the first. And there Abram called upon the name of the LORD.