How is it possible that none of Jesus' bones were broken

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: How is it possible that none of Jesus' bones were broken

Post by crochet1949 »

Audie wrote:What of morality if (since) ice cream makes me ill?

Explain your comment, please.
patrick
Established Member

Post by patrick »

I think she's referring to Jac's sig -- and making a joke
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I didn't know Audie was lactose-intolerant
dwhwang76
Newbie Member

Post by dwhwang76 »

Perhaps, the nail has been carefully placed between a big toe and a second toe intentionally to extend the life of a person who is on the cross. Breaking any foot bones would not serve its purpose since it will end the person's life rather quickly. Crucifixion implies slow and tormenting death. That is a major purpose, so I would not be surprised if Roman soldiers exactly knew how to carefully place the nail in between upper toe bone and upper second toe bone. There is enough space there.
Look the image below.

https://images.radiopaedia.org/images/8 ... allery.jpg
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Amazing the evil mind that comes up with ways to find the perfect balance between inflicting maximum pain and torture, while also keeping the victim just alive and conscious enough to endure it as long as humanly possible. Even MORE amazing: That God foreknew every detail of this agony He would endure, and yet He intentionally submitted Himself to it, for the often-pathetic likes of you and me. That's truly a love beyond our understanding!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Philip wrote:Amazing the evil mind that comes up with ways to find the perfect balance between inflicting maximum pain and torture, while also keeping the victim just alive and conscious enough to endure it as long as humanly possible. Even MORE amazing: That God foreknew every detail of this agony He would endure, and yet He intentionally submitted Himself to it, for the often-pathetic likes of you and me. That's truly a love beyond our understanding!
Because humans don't really understand love in its completeness, we can't really grasp God's love.
Our love tends to be conditional with the only love that gives us a very, VERY MINOR clue to God's love being the love of a parent for its child.
Skeptics that don't understand love will point out that "horrific" of someone sacrificing themselves for another, will not understand what compassion actually is ( to suffer with another and NOT to feel sorry for them) .
God being love could do no less that to give Himself for those He loves and Jesus being the personification and incarnation of love could do nothing else but openly, lovingly, suffer with us.