Did God come to earth in the flesh?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Domenic
Established Member
Christian: Yes

Post by Domenic »

Last edited by Domenic on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Did God come to earth in the flesh?

Post by PaulSacramento »

Is Jesus the word of God?
Yes.
Is the word of God, god? Yes.
Did the word of God become flesh?
Yes.
How do we know all this?
Simple:
The Deity of Jesus Christ
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

The Witness John
6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.

9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Word Made Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John *testified about Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’” 16 For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Question for you Domenic: what God the Father has that the Son does not have? You think Son was created. What God the Father posses that the Son does not? I mean in character, power, their attributes, etc.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

1over137 wrote:Question for you Domenic: what God the Father has that the Son does not have? You think Son was created. What God the Father posses that the Son does not? I mean in character, power, their attributes, etc.
Father made the son just like himself. It is Father who is the first, and the last...without Father no creation is anything.
You can believe Jesus is the Father. You can teach Jesus is the father...you can take Father out of the picture, and replace him with Jesus...you can say anything you want...you will see what you believe, and teach when Father send his son back. By the way, when Jesus was asked, "When will these things happen?" did not Jesus say, "Only the Father knows."
If like you believe, Jesus is the fater, how come he did not know?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Domenic wrote:
1over137 wrote:Question for you Domenic: what God the Father has that the Son does not have? You think Son was created. What God the Father posses that the Son does not? I mean in character, power, their attributes, etc.
Father made the son just like himself. It is Father who is the first, and the last...without Father no creation is anything.
You can believe Jesus is the Father. You can teach Jesus is the father...you can take Father out of the picture, and replace him with Jesus...you can say anything you want...you will see what you believe, and teach when Father send his son back. By the way, when Jesus was asked, "When will these things happen?" did not Jesus say, "Only the Father knows."
This is the last time we will be telling you this Dominic simply because it is getting very tiresome:
NO ONE HERE is stating that Jesus is His Father, period.
If you continue with this false representation of what is being posted here, you will be banned.
Understood?
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Domenic wrote:
This is the last time we will be telling you this Dominic simply because it is getting very tiresome:
If you continue with this false representation of what is being posted here, you will be banned.
Understood?
Well before you ban me, please explain... you say Jesus is God. I say Jesus is a God, the first born, created by the Father. You say Jesus is not the Father..okay. I say the father is God, creator of all things. The father of Jesus. Who do you say the father is?
You have been speaking of who Jesus is, but you have never said who the father is...
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

Domenic: Do you believe that Jesus is the love of God manifested?
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

SeekingSanctuary wrote:Domenic: Do you believe that Jesus is the love of God manifested?
Yes, do you?
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member

Domenic wrote:
SeekingSanctuary wrote:Domenic: Do you believe that Jesus is the love of God manifested?
Yes, do you?
Yes. Now, next question: Why do you believe this?
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

SeekingSanctuary wrote:
Domenic wrote:
Yes, do you?
You are not talking to a little boy. If you have a point to make, make it.
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member

Domenic wrote:
SeekingSanctuary wrote:
Domenic wrote:
Yes, do you?
I'm not trying to make a point, no reason to be rude. I'm trying to understand something here. How are you actually coming to these beliefs?

Now back to my question: Why do you believe Jesus is the love of God manifested?
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

SeekingSanctuary wrote:
Domenic wrote:
SeekingSanctuary wrote:
Domenic wrote:
Yes, do you?
I'm not trying to make a point, no reason to be rude. I'm trying to understand something here. How are you actually coming to these beliefs?

Now back to my question: Why do you believe Jesus is the love of God manifested?
The answer to your question is on my last post under ,"Thank you for your comments," in Christian Theology.
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member

Okay, just went and read that (I don't read everything on here. I'm pretty sure this is our first conversation on here, nice to meet you, btw).

Anyway, I'll paraphrase just to make sure I understand what you wrote in the other thread. If I'm wrong anywhere please correct me.
I, Domenic, come to my beliefs through collecting pieces of scripture on a subject and looking over all of them, then I come to my conclusions. While doing so I try my best to ignore, if not forget, all extrabiblical things I can.
Is this correct? Is this all of it? Or is there more to it? I mean, I know its probably a sloppy summary but is this even in the ball park?
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

SeekingSanctuary wrote:Okay, just went and read that (I don't read everything on here. I'm pretty sure this is our first conversation on here, nice to meet you, btw).

Anyway, I'll paraphrase just to make sure I understand what you wrote in the other thread. If I'm wrong anywhere please correct me.
I, Domenic, come to my beliefs through collecting pieces of scripture on a subject and looking over all of them, then I come to my conclusions. While doing so I try my best to ignore, if not forget, all extrabiblical things I can.
Is this correct? Is this all of it? Or is there more to it? I mean, I know its probably a sloppy summary but is this even in the ball park?
No, that is not what I said. Nor how I come to a conclusion...I let Father show me via scripture what he is saying. Do you ever talk to father?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Domenic wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Domenic wrote:
Understood?
Well before you ban me, please explain... you say Jesus is God. I say Jesus is a God, the first born, created by the Father. You say Jesus is not the Father..okay. I say the father is God, creator of all things. The father of Jesus. Who do you say the father is?
You have been speaking of who Jesus is, but you have never said who the father is...
Domenic, for the last time, please try to understand that FIRST BORN does NOT mean created. Created means created, born means born, got it?
I mean if we can't get beyond that very obvious point then the rest is, quite honestly, pointless.

To create:
cre·ate
krēˈāt/Submit
verb
bring (something) into existence.
"he created a thirty-acre lake"
synonyms: produce, generate, bring into being, make, fabricate, fashion, build, construct; More
cause (something) to happen as a result of one's actions.
"divorce only created problems for children"

God created Adam.

To be born:
first·born
ˈfərstˌbôrn/Submit
adjective
adjective: first-born
(of a person's child) the first to be born; the eldest.

It is what it is.

The divine logos, the word of God that became flesh was BORN of God, not created.
All that was created was created through and for Christ. Since ALL of creation was created through Christ and, according to YOU Christ was created, then Christ created Himself ??

Dude...