Quick answers about Bible

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Quick answers about Bible

Post by bbyrd009 »

of course we have replaced Passover with Ishtar (Easter) worship in Christianity, with its accompanying fertility rites, etc.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:interesting to note that apparently the Shabbat will be kept in the Kingdom.

Jesus did not go to Synagogue looking for His Apostles; but rather to Fishermen; a historically rough bunch.
Meaning that they may have had Torah memorized, orally; but fishermen did not write back then.

@ "only Grace saves," one might reflect upon the two sticks, broken, that must be put back together?
Law is, after all, to be fulfilled, not abrogated.

Without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sins.So where is your blood sacrifice? Remember Cain and Abel and the sacrifice God accepted?Mine is Jesus the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. You cannot ignore blood sacrifice and say you are fulfilling or living by the law,you must live out all of it,which no man can do,but Jesus did for us.

God's Blood
https://www.google.com/search?sclient=t ... JWU9sAwewY

Breaking the Law
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEy6ThJwE3s
well, "Cain and Abel" is just another analogy that you can use to understand how you are "two men in a bed;" and the lesson there might be understood to be more about how a seeker seeks, Abel as a Shepherd being the acceptable way, or Cain (you, as an Adult), killing your Abel in favor of plowing your own ground (self-help, following Law), although there are surely other lessons in the parable, i guess.

So, i am not meaning to advocate "living by the Law" here, understand, but that you must pick up your cross, and follow Christ, as Scripture tells us, and fulfill the Law, when you love your neighbor as yourself, which let's admit is no easy task, yet is the only way to follow Christ. Any other way ends up being the worship of "a Snake on a Pole," or Nehushtan worship, which Scripture has preserved the fate of Nehushtan for us, in Kings somewhere, i think, just search it, it only occurs once in Scripture, i believe.

i am led to say here that when you accept Christ as your Passover Lamb, you have effectively walked through through the Door covered in Blood, and out of Egypt (bondage), so to speak, a Free Man; as the million + Hebrews did. Yet it is important to note that only 2 of them made it to the Promised Land! (with a 3rst, for a Witness, that being Moses, a type of Christ) These two are both you, of course. And yes, many of the Wanderers descendants also made it to the PL--and went on to worship Nehushtan; so that lesson should not be ignored, imo.

Well it might shock you or maybe you already know but Jesus said most people will end up in hell because the path is narrow and broad is the way that leads to destruction.

Narrow Way To Heaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47hXWdw ... freload=10

Easter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFaKZkA8r4k
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:interesting to note that apparently the Shabbat will be kept in the Kingdom.

Jesus did not go to Synagogue looking for His Apostles; but rather to Fishermen; a historically rough bunch.
Meaning that they may have had Torah memorized, orally; but fishermen did not write back then.

@ "only Grace saves," one might reflect upon the two sticks, broken, that must be put back together?

Without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sins.So where is your blood sacrifice? Remember Cain and Abel and the sacrifice God accepted?Mine is Jesus the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. You cannot ignore blood sacrifice and say you are fulfilling or living by the law,you must live out all of it,which no man can do,but Jesus did for us.

God's Blood

Breaking the Law
well, "Cain and Abel" is just another analogy that you can use to understand how you are "two men in a bed;" and the lesson there might be understood to be more about how a seeker seeks, Abel as a Shepherd being the acceptable way, or Cain (you, as an Adult), killing your Abel in favor of plowing your own ground (self-help, following Law), although there are surely other lessons in the parable, i guess.

So, i am not meaning to advocate "living by the Law" here, understand, but that you must pick up your cross, and follow Christ, as Scripture tells us, and fulfill the Law, when you love your neighbor as yourself, which let's admit is no easy task, yet is the only way to follow Christ. Any other way ends up being the worship of "a Snake on a Pole," or Nehushtan worship, which Scripture has preserved the fate of Nehushtan for us, in Kings somewhere, i think, just search it, it only occurs once in Scripture, i believe.

i am led to say here that when you accept Christ as your Passover Lamb, you have effectively walked through through the Door covered in Blood, and out of Egypt (bondage), so to speak, a Free Man; as the million + Hebrews did. Yet it is important to note that only 2 of them made it to the Promised Land! (with a 3rst, for a Witness, that being Moses, a type of Christ) These two are both you, of course. And yes, many of the Wanderers descendants also made it to the PL--and went on to worship Nehushtan; so that lesson should not be ignored, imo.

Well it might shock you or maybe you already know but Jesus said most people will end up in hell because the path is narrow and broad is the way that leads to destruction.

Narrow Way To Heaven

Easter
could you quote the Witness, the verse, please, and we'll go from there? ty
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

God's Blood

Breaking the Law

Narrow Way To Heaven

Easter

I don't know what you mean by witness but its in the links I've posted for you,plus what I've explained to you.You may need to review and go back over it.I think you need to deal with the blood sacrifice problem if you think you can live by the law.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

God's Blood

Breaking the Law

Narrow Way To Heaven

Easter

I don't know what you mean by witness but its in the links I've posted for you,plus what I've explained to you.You may need to review and go back over it.I think you need to deal with the blood sacrifice problem if you think you can live by the law.d
the Witness would be your Scriptural argument, hence "the verse" up there. I don't need your explanation, wadr, i need your proof, from Scripture, that what you say is true is in fact true, so that we can see what the Bible is actually saying, so that i can Cross-examine your Witness, your only proof that i care about, ok?

Because all go to the same place, as Scripture makes abundantly clear, and, as we will see, our common definition of "hell" is not the Bible's, not at all, not even a little bit. Go ask Lex about "hell," and see what you see.

And don't even bother @ "Easter," for now, wadr, celebrate it as long as you like, but understand that it has nothing, whatsoever, to do with Christ, or Passover.
I think you need to deal with the blood sacrifice problem if you think you can live by the law.
>"So, i am not meaning to advocate "living by the Law" here, understand, but that you must pick up your cross, and follow Christ, as Scripture tells us, and fulfill the Law, when you love your neighbor as yourself, which let's admit is no easy task, yet is the only way to follow Christ."<
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:well, "Cain and Abel" is just another analogy that you can use to understand how you are "two men in a bed;" and the lesson there might be understood to be more about how a seeker seeks, Abel as a Shepherd being the acceptable way, or Cain (you, as an Adult), killing your Abel in favor of plowing your own ground (self-help, following Law), although there are surely other lessons in the parable, i guess.

Narrow Way To Heaven

Easter

I don't know what you mean by witness but its in the links I've posted for you,plus what I've explained to you.You may need to review and go back over it.I think you need to deal with the blood sacrifice problem if you think you can live by the law.d
the Witness would be your Scriptural argument, hence "the verse" up there. I don't need your explanation, wadr, i need your proof, from Scripture, that what you say is true is in fact true, so that we can see what the Bible is actually saying, so that i can Cross-examine your Witness, your only proof that i care about, ok?

Because all go to the same place, as Scripture makes abundantly clear, and, as we will see, our common definition of "hell" is not the Bible's, not at all, not even a little bit. Go ask Lex about "hell," and see what you see.

And don't even bother @ "Easter," for now, wadr, celebrate it as long as you like, but understand that it has nothing, whatsoever, to do with Christ, or Passover.
I think you need to deal with the blood sacrifice problem if you think you can live by the law.
>"So, i am not meaning to advocate "living by the Law" here, understand, but that you must pick up your cross, and follow Christ, as Scripture tells us, and fulfill the Law, when you love your neighbor as yourself, which let's admit is no easy task, yet is the only way to follow Christ."<

You did not review because the verses that back me up are in the links I posted for you. I've just used music to teach you and give you verses and make my point,but you obviously did not review.

And you say Easter has nothing to do with Christ or passover yet millions of Christians celebrate the ressurection of Jesus Christ on Easter and not so much the bunnies,easter eggs,etc we keep Christ in it.

On the one hand you say you're not teaching living by the law,eventhough you did earlier but yet you still teach works which is no difference with trying to live by the law,the problem is you or nobody can do it,so no point in even trying to and instead should just put our faith in what Jesus already did for us. A saved person is already taking up their cross and following Jesus and loving their neighbor as their self.It is the Holy Spirit guiding them to do it and they are not doing it to be saved,etc,they already are saved and know there is nothing they can or could do that could add to what Jesus already did for them.

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

abelcainsbrother wrote: You did not review because the verses that back me up are in the links I posted for you. I've just used music to teach you and give you verses and make my point,but you obviously did not review.
ya, wadr could you just bring the verses, without the agenda? appreciate it.
abelcainsbrother wrote: And you say Easter has nothing to do with Christ or passover yet millions of Christians celebrate the ressurection of Jesus Christ on Easter and not so much the bunnies,easter eggs,etc we keep Christ in it.
you keep Christ in Ishtar? ok.
abelcainsbrother wrote: On the one hand you say you're not teaching living by the law,eventhough you did earlier but yet you still teach works which is no difference with trying to live by the law,the problem is you or nobody can do it,so no point in even trying to and instead should just put our faith in what Jesus already did for us.
like, apparently, everything else, acb, there is a right way and a counterfeit way. i have resisted turning this into another pointless "faith v works" debate, as i'm sure you have already been there, done that, right.
abelcainsbrother wrote: A saved person is already taking up their cross and following Jesus and loving their neighbor as their self.It is the Holy Spirit guiding them to do it and they are not doing it to be saved,etc,they already are saved and know there is nothing they can or could do that could add to what Jesus already did for them.
so you say
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote: You did not review because the verses that back me up are in the links I posted for you. I've just used music to teach you and give you verses and make my point,but you obviously did not review.
abelcainsbrother wrote: And you say Easter has nothing to do with Christ or passover yet millions of Christians celebrate the ressurection of Jesus Christ on Easter and not so much the bunnies,easter eggs,etc we keep Christ in it.
abelcainsbrother wrote: On the one hand you say you're not teaching living by the law,eventhough you did earlier but yet you still teach works which is no difference with trying to live by the law,the problem is you or nobody can do it,so no point in even trying to and instead should just put our faith in what Jesus already did for us.
like, apparently, everything else, acb, there is a right way and a counterfeit way. i have resisted turning this into another pointless "faith v works" debate, as i'm sure you have already been there, done that, right.
abelcainsbrother wrote: A saved person is already taking up their cross and following Jesus and loving their neighbor as their self.It is the Holy Spirit guiding them to do it and they are not doing it to be saved,etc,they already are saved and know there is nothing they can or could do that could add to what Jesus already did for them.
so you say

I like music and music can be a good way to send a message which is what I do from time to time. Depending on the discussion going on a song will pop in my head and so I post it. It is a good agenda.And in the music videos I posted are the verses you keep asking for.

I don't even think about Ishtar but the Ressurection of Jesus. Why do you seem to have a problem with celebrating the ressurection of Jesus? It is just a special day to celebrate it.

Yes I have had many faith/works debates but false gospel gets me more riled up than over any other different interpretation. False gospel teaching sends people to hell and is much more important than differences in interpretation on other subjects,like creationism,etc. False gospel teaching needs to be exposed and dealt with.

bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
so you say

I like music and music can be a good way to send a message which is what I do from time to time. Depending on the discussion going on a song will pop in my head and so I post it. It is a good agenda.And in the music videos I posted are the verses you keep asking for.
the verses i ask for are in the Book, wadr, and we can appreciate videos some other time, ok. not saying that there is anything wrong with them per se. I could say all kinds of, frankly, completely appropriate things here, understand--like "any video you like would scare me to death," etc, which i am not meaning to say, now--but it is not possible to be inappropriate with just the Book, ok?
abelcainsbrother wrote: I don't even think about Ishtar but the Ressurection of Jesus. Why do you seem to have a problem with celebrating the ressurection of Jesus? It is just a special day to celebrate it.
called "Easter," yes. so now i am having this "pastor's daughter" convo again, wherein your perspective is the only one that needs to be attended to, and never mind the general perception of fertility rites that are instilled in your children at Easter, and forget about their ignorance of Passover, they don't even ever need to hear that word, right, because Ishtar worship if just dandy with God, He is not jealous at all, and whenever you hear Easter you think "Christ." ok. and now i have to suffer questions from you about why i "seem to have a problem with celebrating the ressurection of Jesus?"

i swear to God, you just cannot make this stuff up :lol:
abelcainsbrother wrote: Yes I have had many faith/works debates but false gospel gets me more riled up than over any other different interpretation. False gospel teaching sends people to hell and is much more important than differences in interpretation on other subjects,like creationism,etc. False gospel teaching needs to be exposed and dealt with.
insert demeaning yet appropriate joke here.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

next--meaning this post and the one below it should be read in reverse order, because yikes what is it with this forum, lol.
abelcainsbrother wrote:...A saved person is already taking up their cross and following Jesus and loving their neighbor as their self.It is the Holy Spirit guiding them to do it and they are not doing it to be saved,etc,they already are saved and know there is nothing they can or could do that could add to what Jesus already did for them.
it is my opinion, based upon your syntax here, that this "saved person" has been deceived, right out the gate, and assured that they are already in the Promised Land, as evidenced by many clues, Nehushtan, Paul's "gurgling and cooing," "he who hold out to the end," etcetc, and so for me to say that this person is deceived is prolly just putting you right back off, when see that i have no problem putting myself in among the deceived, i am just a person, too, i can be pulled into my Cain, too, and this imo is a much healthier perspective, that keeps me in "Thank you God, that i am like the rest of men," rather than "thank you, God, that i am not like that guy, over there."

So, i don't know what else to say, right now; if by "saved person, led by the Spirit, who has picked up their Cross, and now presumes to proselytize others, and point fingers at Muslims, and say that they do not believe in works, but when you ask them what you must do to be 'saved,' they have a strict list of Laws that you must follow exactly to do so, and will even go as far as to re-baptize you if you have been judged to have done it 'wrong,'" then we are still having two different convos, wadr.
Last edited by bbyrd009 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Narrow Way To Heaven

Easter

You did not review because the verses that back me up are in the links I posted for you. I've just used music to teach you and give you verses and make my point,but you obviously did not review.

And you say Easter has nothing to do with Christ or passover yet millions of Christians celebrate the ressurection of Jesus Christ on Easter and not so much the bunnies,easter eggs,etc we keep Christ in it.

On the one hand you say you're not teaching living by the law,eventhough you did earlier but yet you still teach works which is no difference with trying to live by the law,the problem is you or nobody can do it,so no point in even trying to and instead should just put our faith in what Jesus already did for us. A saved person is already taking up their cross and following Jesus and loving their neighbor as their self.It is the Holy Spirit guiding them to do it and they are not doing it to be saved,etc,they already are saved and know there is nothing they can or could do that could add to what Jesus already did for them.
ok, i am convicted now--by the only thing that will, ever, convict you, ok, the Pneuma--that i am giving you answers from my Cain, being pulled into plowing my own ground here, and i apologize. Really, i am looking for the post where i think it was you who said that you have not talked with someone like me about this...whatever, before, which i don't think i answered very well, either. Or rather, the answer was for someone else, perhaps, and not for you, did not come to where you are. So, again, my apologies.

Now, Easter i have mangled bad enough, i blew that, and really i could not restate that any better at this point, even though my answer was unkind. As to the next thing,

On the one hand you say you're not teaching living by the law,eventhough you did earlier but yet you still teach works which is no difference with trying to live by the law,the problem is you or nobody can do it,so no point in even trying to and instead should just put our faith in what Jesus already did for us.

you might see here that yes, i stress that works are necessary, but what i mean is that you are going to wake up in the morning, and do something, and those are your works. You are a Priest, and you have walked through the door, covered in Passover Blood (distilled wine) and out of Egypt, a Free Man. You have a foundation, Christ. You are now Wandering in the Wilderness--well, once you accept that you are not, in fact, already in the Promised Land, worshipping Nehushtan, anyway; once you have abandoned the Snake on a Pole thing, and recognized the reason Nehushtan is even mentioned again, in Kings--and building on that Foundation, hopefully by...doing just what you are now doing, being of service to others the best way you know how, 501c3 and all, it is what it is, we are all, right now, on the http://WWW., which in Hebrew = 666, so nevermind all the pointless condemnation, and attempting to pull up tares, which are not just weeds. In the process, you are also being sharpened, and the illustration of little children, discussing where babies come from, one saying the Stork, the other saying "nuh uh, mommy eats a brownie, and a baby grows in her tummy" being the most apt one i can think of, hence "Who says he knows does not yet know as he ought."

i perceive that you understand that works must come from faith, and the works of Muhammad Ali, expecting a reward for these works, is not the proper heart from which works are to be done. You do works from a pure heart, expecting that "no good deed goes unpunished," hopefully, now. You already made a great statement, earlier, on this, a very concise phrase, that i have heard before, which sums it up nicely. Can't remember it, but essentially, you do works without expectation of reward--and hopefully have also abandoned the prevailing "Prosperity/Tithes" model, expecting to tithe your way to prosperity in the estimation of the world, financial prosperity--just as Christ, Who is our High Priest, and gave us an example to follow, Pick up your cross, and Follow, has instructed us to do.

If you worship a Snake on a Pole, and have been convinced that you are waiting on Christ, or the Father, for anything, whatsoever, for the Kingdom to be HereNow in your life, then just say so, and we can explore this further.

i will try now, for the third time, to post this, specific post. wish me luck.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

and i got a window, in between posting the two, that oh-so-helpfully informed me that a post had been made in between, by someone else, which i cannot find for the life of me. So, sorry if i am neglecting a reply.
Ottoman
Familiar Member

Post by Ottoman »

That would be mine. Are we to believe ON Jesus Christ or IN Jesus Christ? Does it mean the same thing?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Ottoman wrote:That would be mine. Are we to believe ON Jesus Christ or IN Jesus Christ? Does it mean the same thing?
I don't see any practical difference.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Ottoman
Familiar Member

Post by Ottoman »

I didn't think so either, but I heard someone mention it.