Quick answers about Bible

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Quick answers about Bible

Post by B. W. »

crochet1949 wrote:A persons' mind is 'renewed' through reading God's Word / Christian literature / It Does make a difference in our attitudes - what we put into our minds -- through reading material , TV shows, movies we watch, the music we listen to.
1 Co 15:33 NKJV, "Do not be deceived: "Evil company corrupts good habits."
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

B. W. wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:A persons' mind is 'renewed' through reading God's Word / Christian literature / It Does make a difference in our attitudes - what we put into our minds -- through reading material , TV shows, movies we watch, the music we listen to.
1 Co 15:33 NKJV, "Do not be deceived: "Evil company corrupts good habits."
-
-
-
Yes, the people we hang out with Do affect us. Good point. Thanks for sharing that verse. 'Good' tends to be brought Down rather than 'Down' being pulled Up.
Ottoman
Familiar Member
Sex: Male

Post by Ottoman »

Question about Matt 7:24-27, the parable of the wise and foolish builder. One builds on sand while the other builds on rock. When the wind and waves come, the house built on the rock withstands destruction, but the house on the sand is destroyed. Is the withstanding of the storm referring to eschatological judgement or life's trials?
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Ottoman wrote:Question about Matt 7:24-27, the parable of the wise and foolish builder. One builds on sand while the other builds on rock. When the wind and waves come, the house built on the rock withstands destruction, but the house on the sand is destroyed. Is the withstanding of the storm referring to eschatological judgement or life's trials?

Life's trials. That's been my understanding.
Ottoman
Familiar Member

Post by Ottoman »

Same here. I did some more digging and that seems to be the common answer I am finding. If I am wrong, please someone correct me.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

JESUS is the Rock!
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote:JESUS is the Rock!

The Rock That Makes Me Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh_JaAQLjUM
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Ottoman
Familiar Member

Post by Ottoman »

I have another question. Are we to believe IN Jesus Christ for salvation or ON Jesus Christ? Do they mean the same thing? Thanks.
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

interesting to note that apparently the Shabbat will be kept in the Kingdom.

Jesus did not go to Synagogue looking for His Apostles; but rather to Fishermen; a historically rough bunch.
Meaning that they may have had Torah memorized, orally; but fishermen did not write back then.

@ "only Grace saves," one might reflect upon the two sticks, broken, that must be put back together?
Law is, after all, to be fulfilled, not abrogated.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:interesting to note that apparently the Shabbat will be kept in the Kingdom.

Jesus did not go to Synagogue looking for His Apostles; but rather to Fishermen; a historically rough bunch.
Meaning that they may have had Torah memorized, orally; but fishermen did not write back then.

@ "only Grace saves," one might reflect upon the two sticks, broken, that must be put back together?
The law is not to be fulfilled. Jesus already fulfilled the law.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:interesting to note that apparently the Shabbat will be kept in the Kingdom.

well, wadr i disagree,
Love your neighbor as you love yourself; this fullfills the Law and the Prophets.

and again, the "broken stick" is a clue. If your root is in Law, your tree, or the part above ground, the part that flowers and fruits, might be said to be manifesting in Grace (once God is understood to be a Creative Force, a planter of trees to be nourished and grown, and not some OT punishment-happy monster), your particular kind of fruit, RickD fruit, since who wants a garden full of one kind of fruit?
Last edited by bbyrd009 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:

well, wadr i disagree,
Love your neighbor as you love yourself; this fullfills the Law and the Prophets.
So, you're saying that Jesus failed to completely fulfill the law?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:

well, wadr i disagree,
So, you're saying that Jesus failed to completely fulfill the law?
do you have a Witness for that, RickD? Christ fulfilling the Law, and negating "Love your neighbor?" Christ is our High Priest, yes? And we are all Priests?

pick up your Cross, and follow Me

but i would certainly also agree that Christ fulfilled the Law, sure!
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sins.So where is your blood sacrifice? Remember Cain and Abel and the sacrifice God accepted?Mine is Jesus the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. You cannot ignore blood sacrifice and say you are fulfilling or living by the law,you must live out all of it,which no man can do,but Jesus did for us.

God's Blood
https://www.google.com/search?sclient=t ... JWU9sAwewY

Breaking the Law
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEy6ThJwE3s
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

Without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sins.So where is your blood sacrifice? Remember Cain and Abel and the sacrifice God accepted?Mine is Jesus the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. You cannot ignore blood sacrifice and say you are fulfilling or living by the law,you must live out all of it,which no man can do,but Jesus did for us.

God's Blood
https://www.google.com/search?sclient=t ... JWU9sAwewY

Breaking the Law
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEy6ThJwE3s
well, "Cain and Abel" is just another analogy that you can use to understand how you are "two men in a bed;" and the lesson there might be understood to be more about how a seeker seeks, Abel as a Shepherd being the acceptable way, or Cain (you, as an Adult), killing your Abel in favor of plowing your own ground (self-help, following Law), although there are surely other lessons in the parable, i guess.

So, i am not meaning to advocate "living by the Law" here, understand, but that you must pick up your cross, and follow Christ, as Scripture tells us, and fulfill the Law, when you love your neighbor as yourself, which let's admit is no easy task, yet is the only way to follow Christ. Any other way ends up being the worship of "a Snake on a Pole," or Nehushtan worship, which Scripture has preserved the fate of Nehushtan for us, in Kings somewhere, i think, just search it, it only occurs once in Scripture, i believe.

i am led to say here that when you accept Christ as your Passover Lamb, you have effectively walked through through the Door covered in Blood, and out of Egypt (bondage), so to speak, a Free Man; as the million + Hebrews did. Yet it is important to note that only 2 of them made it to the Promised Land! (with a 3rst, for a Witness, that being Moses, a type of Christ) These two are both you, of course. And yes, many of the Wanderers descendants also made it to the PL--and went on to worship Nehushtan; so that lesson should not be ignored, imo.