Yom

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Yom

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Re: Yom

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

:wave: what exactly is the question here?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I thought it was a link posting contest, how did I do? 8-}2
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

You beat him for sure :D
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Sorry I thought I put the question on there. Okay if yom was to actually me 24 hours wouldn't it be more common? Would they used olam instead?

http://www.kulikovskyonline.net/hermene ... endays.htm
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I am not getting into this discussion again. Usagi, there are plenty of threads already on the topic, have you tried looking at them?

without.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Read through this thread, it is on page 2 or 3 that they discuss Yom
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... d&start=30
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I was called out, by someone who sent me this on other site.

MY challlange:

I have often challenged, and will again, ask for just one example where either in English the word day or in Hebrew the word yom has been defined as an evening and a morning and was intended to mean more than a regular 'spin of the earth' day. Do you have such evidence?

#1) They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs; You make the dawn [boqer] and the sunset [ereb] shout for joy.

The word day is not in that passage. I asked for something where the word yom (in other words, the word 'yom' or 'day' has to be in the exemplar) is defined using evening and morning as its descriptor.

#2) You have swept them away like a flood, they fall asleep; In the morning [boqer] they are like grass which sprouts anew. In the morning [boqer] it flourishes and sprouts anew; Toward evening [ereb] it fades and withers away.

See explanation of #1.

#3) O satisfy us in the morning [boqer] with Your lovingkindness, That we may sing for joy and be glad all our days [yom]. (Psalm 90:14)

The words 'evening AND morning are not in this exemplar. I asked for 'evening and morning' as the descriptor, not 'or'.

#4) He said to me, "For 2,300 evenings [ereb] and mornings [boqer]; then the holy place will be properly restored."

See explanation #1. However, this use of evenings and mornings is referring to 24 hour days.

#5) "The vision of the evenings [ereb] and mornings [boqer] Which has been told is true; But keep the vision secret, For it pertains to many days [yom] in the future."

This is the only passage which qualifies, and as I said above, the vision of the 2300 evenings and mornings is describing 24 hour days. According to Gabriel, who explained the vision to Daniel it describes a time that is yet to come. A time in the end when God's wrath will be upon the earth. As far as we know the '2,300 many days of evenings and morning' will be the same 24 hour days counted by the rotation of the earth, just as the singular day in the Genesis account described as a single 'evening and morning'.

So, until you have seen these 2300 days described as 2,300 evenings and mornings - and it turns out that they are not counted the same as 2,300 rotations of the earth - you cannot say that the use of evenings and mornings to describe these 2,300 days is one whit different than the 6 days of creation, each one also described as consisting of an evening and a morning.