Question

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Question

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:If it tastes bad (it's [Jack Daniels], of course it's gonna taste bad) then just hold your nose and guzzle.
That's a very anti-American thing to say. Jack Daniels is the best-selling bourbon in the world. It is made in the United States of America, you pinko Commie-loving, Stalinist apparatchnik.

FL y**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

RickD wrote:If it tastes bad (it's [Jack Daniels], of course it's gonna taste bad) then just hold your nose and guzzle.

That's a very anti-American thing to say. Jack Daniels is the best-selling bourbon in the world. It is made in the United States of America, you pinko Commie-loving, Stalinist apparatchnik.

FL y**==
Maybe I should stick with Scotch? I hear Glenlivet is supposed to be pretty good? Again, I'm an occasional beer guy (who DETESTS most American beers - this is how it is brewed :beat: beat it until something golden flows out). I like full, complex dark beers, stouts, Octoberfest vat bottom stuff, etc. A Bud would make me ill. Draft beer from a bar would KILL me (of course, being an immortal that would be no problem!).
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:

FL y**==
That's okay, FL. Us JD fans wouldn't take it too personally. Clearly the Klown's poison of choice would be Barbie shots and Cosmos. So, really, it's all good. That just leaves more for me. 8)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:Maybe I should stick with Scotch? I hear Glenlivet is supposed to be pretty good? Again, I'm an occasional beer guy (who DETESTS most American beers - this is how it is brewed :beat: beat it until something golden flows out). I like full, complex dark beers, stouts, Octoberfest vat bottom stuff, etc. A Bud would make me ill. Draft beer from a bar would KILL me (of course, being an immortal that would be no problem!).
Like bourbon, scotch isn't homogeneous. Glenlivet is floral, peachy & slightly sweet...maybe a little grassy. I prefer scotches from Islay which have hints of iodine, salt, tar and campfire...in-your-face scotch which isn't for everybody. If you are not accustomed to whisky, go with something smooth & well-rounded: Canadian Club would be a good choice, ditto for Crown Royal. You can also use mild whisky in cooking. Your JD would be borderline for cooking but it is do-able.
Jac3510 wrote: That's okay, FL. Us JD fans wouldn't take it too personally. Clearly the Klown's poison of choice would be Barbie shots and Cosmos. So, really, it's all good. That just leaves more for me. 8)
Hmmm...Me thinks the Kommunist Klown's poison of choice would be vodka. Moskovskaya Vodka, spaciba! Long Live Lenin! Long Live Stalin! Long Live Marx!

FL :shijacked:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Good info, FL! :cheers:
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Hmmm...Me thinks the Kommunist Klown's poison of choice would be vodka. Moskovskaya Vodka, spaciba! Long Live Lenin! Long Live Stalin! Long Live Marx!

FL :shijacked:
Hmm... maybe. A vodka cranberry, that is.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

I used to post on a whisky forum. I re-visited it today and found a thread where I had a discussion about Christianity. You can find it here:

www.whiskymag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11119

Take some time to read the thread. My moniker is Liechtenstein, and you'll see a photo of me at Amsterdam's Schipol airport.

FL :egeek:

+ + +

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I used to post on a whisky forum. I re-visited it today and found a thread where I had a discussion about Christianity. You can find it here:

http://www.whiskymag.com/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=11119

Take some time to read the thread. My moniker is Liechtenstein, and you'll see a photo of me at Amsterdam's Schipol airport.

FL :egeek:
Interesting post - I don't condemn folks for a nip now and then but a continual binge that destroys hearth, home, and kin - yes...I'll get on your proverbial case and break all the bottles and shoot holes in all the cans...

I cannot drink due to a health aliment. Alcohol can and does trigger major attack of stomach pain that will send you thru the roof or pass out. Also, other triggers are chamomile tea, red veggies (cabbage - red romaine, red plumbs, red grape juice - I have to limit proteins, and things with Iron while maintaining a healthy iron and protein intake. Not much you can do. Any alcohol will will make me go from a 0 pain level to a 9 or pass out at near 10. Nasty thing...

So enjoy while you can in moderation mind you and when in heaven, we will all meet there and we can all have some heavenly wine - heard it is better than whisky and healthier too!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

B. W. wrote:Interesting post - I don't condemn folks for a nip now and then but a continual binge that destroys hearth, home, and kin - yes...I'll get on your proverbial case and break all the bottles and shoot holes in all the cans...
I somehow doubt that the people who post on the whisky site get drunk on the stuff, as most people had $100 - $1000 bottles. I guess you could get drunk on an expensive bottle of whatever, but why would you? If getting sloshed is what you're after, an $8 bottle will do the trick just fine.

I stopped buying expensive whisky because I came to understand that it had become an idol that I cherished alongside God.

FL y0:)

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
B. W. wrote:Interesting post - I don't condemn folks for a nip now and then but a continual binge that destroys hearth, home, and kin - yes...I'll get on your proverbial case and break all the bottles and shoot holes in all the cans...
I somehow doubt that the people who post on the whisky site get drunk on the stuff, as most people had $100 - $1000 bottles. I guess you could get drunk on an expensive bottle of whatever, but why would you? If getting sloshed is what you're after, an $8 bottle will do the trick just fine.

I stopped buying expensive whisky because I came to understand that it had become an idol that I cherished alongside God.

FL y0:)
Tell me FL, when you worshiped your whiskey idol by drinking too much, did you then pray to the porcelain god? :vomit:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: Tell me FL, when you worshiped your whiskey idol by drinking too much, did you then pray to the porcelain god? :vomit:
Nope. I would just collect bottles and never open them. I enjoyed having unusual and expensive whiskies supposedly to offer to guests but no guest was ever worthy enough. cslewislover helped me understand that I was involved in some sort of idolatry, so one by one I opened the bottles and drank them over a long period of time. My form of idolatry never involved drinking too much but now that you mention it, I understand B.W.'s comment better:
B. W. wrote:Interesting post - I don't condemn folks for a nip now and then but a continual binge that destroys hearth, home, and kin...
I think what we have here is a cultural misunderstanding. Having a lot of alcohol doesn't mean that one drinks oneself into oblivion, but I'm sure Americans would think so. This may be because of your history: how your nation came to be and the groups that settled it, and - of course - Prohibition.

It's like the cultural misunderstanding around the KFC advertizement that Kurieuo posted on another thread: Americans saw the ad as racist while it wasn't so to Aussie public.

Get it?

FL :cheers:

+ + +

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I do not like slovak habit that guests brings bottle of alcohol, or you get as a gift or as a thanks bottle of alcohol.
I do not drink, my husband does not either. We have already many bottles. :shakehead:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:I do not like slovak habit that guests brings bottle of alcohol, or you get as a gift or as a thanks bottle of alcohol.
I do not drink, my husband does not either. We have already many bottles. :shakehead:
That sounds like a perfect invitation to your house for FL!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

1over137 wrote:I do not like slovak habit that guests brings bottle of alcohol, or you get as a gift or as a thanks bottle of alcohol.
Send me your address. I'm movin' in!

FL :flying: -> to Slovakia

+ + +

+ + +
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

IS there anything wrong with reading about a characters who have different religions because I'm interesting in this new comic.