Question

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Question

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Is it wrong to love fantasy , magic, and myth books? such has the Harry Potter series. I don't know abput you but I learn a lot about God though this series. I love Wonder Woman comics I love because they follow the Christan of love and peace. Your take? I ask this because I want to be an animator
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Question

Post by Silvertusk »

I do not have a problem with fantasy, in fact apart from Theology books, it is all I every read. Love Lord of the Rings, Harry potter, Buffy, angel etc. they are just good stories. Mostly stories about courage, love and good overcoming evil. Potter has so many similarities to biblical stories it is uncanny.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

There used to be a moderator here, cslewislover, who saw God expressing Himself through popular culture. She was also into animes. Perhaps you could go knocking at her virtual door to wake her up. She would be the best person to answer you here.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

UsagiTsukino wrote:Is it wrong to love fantasy , magic, and myth books? such has the Harry Potter series. I don't know abput you but I learn a lot about God though this series. I love Wonder Woman comics I love because they follow the Christan of love and peace. Your take? I ask this because I want to be an animator
Really? y:-?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
FlawedIntellect
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by FlawedIntellect »

Kurieuo wrote:
UsagiTsukino wrote:Is it wrong to love fantasy , magic, and myth books? such has the Harry Potter series. I don't know abput you but I learn a lot about God though this series. I love Wonder Woman comics I love because they follow the Christan of love and peace. Your take? I ask this because I want to be an animator
Really? y:-?
Take a look at the username: "Usagi Tsukino."

It's a reference to the Japanese version of Sailor Moon, where the main character who transforms into Sailor Moon is "Tsukino Usagi". (Humorously enough, the name is a pun on Tsuki no Usagi, which literally means "Moon Rabbit" or alternately "Rabbit of the Moon". Asians tend to see the image of a rabbit when they look at the moon, much like how people in the West tend to see the face of a man in the moon.)

This person may perhaps be an anime fan to some extent. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone who enjoys animated fiction aspires to one day become involved in the production of animated fiction.

That said, I lean a bit more toward science fiction in my personal taste than fantasy, though fantasy can be an interesting genre.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Silvertusk wrote:I do not have a problem with fantasy, in fact apart from Theology books, it is all I every read. Love Lord of the Rings, Harry potter, Buffy, angel etc. they are just good stories. Mostly stories about courage, love and good overcoming evil. Potter has so many similarities to biblical stories it is uncanny.

In fact just watched the Return of the King again with my wife this weekend (the extended edition) We were both a blubbering wreck at the end of it...again.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Its no problem at all.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Silvertusk wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:I do not have a problem with fantasy, in fact apart from Theology books, it is all I every read. Love Lord of the Rings, Harry potter, Buffy, angel etc. they are just good stories. Mostly stories about courage, love and good overcoming evil. Potter has so many similarities to biblical stories it is uncanny.

In fact just watched the Return of the King again with my wife this weekend (the extended edition) We were both a blubbering wreck at the end of it...again.
You cried because of The Lord of the Rings? :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

RickD wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:

Have you seen the films!!!?!?!?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Silvertusk wrote:
RickD wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:

The Lord of the Rings trilogy was my third favorite trilogy, behind the two Star Wars trilogies. I loved all 3 LOTR movies.

But cried? Perhaps I'm not as in touch with my feminine side, as you are. y:-? :lol:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:
RickD wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:

The Lord of the Rings trilogy was my third favorite trilogy, behind the two Star Wars trilogies. I loved all 3 LOTR movies.

But cried? Perhaps I'm not as in touch with my feminine side, as you are. y:-? :lol:
Come on Rick, that last scene when the entire kingdom including the newly-crowned king bow before the hobbits? If that doesn't bring wetness to your eyes I don't know what will. I don't recall this scene in the book but I'm glad it was added in the movie. It follows Tolkien's thinking perfectly, from a biblical perspective (think Luke 9:48).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Come on Rick, that last scene when the entire kingdom including the newly-crowned king bow before the hobbits? If that doesn't bring wetness to your eyes I don't know what will. I don't recall this scene in the book but I'm glad it was added in the movie. It follows Tolkien's thinking perfectly, from a biblical perspective (think Luke 9:48).
That was the pivotal moment that led to the blub fest, but also when they said goodbye to Frodo and Gandalf at the Grey Havens.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Silvertusk wrote:
That was the pivotal moment that led to the blub fest, but also when they said goodbye to Frodo and Gandalf at the Grey Havens.
Don't worry Silver, I understand you and your wife completely.
How I Feel After Putting The Kids To Bed
How I Feel After Putting The Kids To Bed
1525222_769600556402650_818097705_n.jpg (48 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

You are all a bunch of pansies!!!!! :dancing:

-Edward R Murrow

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Kurieuo wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:
Don't worry Silver, I understand you and your wife completely.
1525222_769600556402650_818097705_n.jpg

Brilliant K.

"I can't carry it Frodo - But I can carry you!!!!" y:(( y:(( y:((