Question

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Question

Post by Silvertusk »

RickD wrote:You are all a bunch of pansies!!!!! :dancing:

Your just an emotionless vacuum :ewink:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Silvertusk wrote:
RickD wrote:You are all a bunch of pansies!!!!! :dancing:

Your just an emotionless vacuum :ewink:
:housekeeping:
You hit the nail on the head Silvertusk!
My wife tells me pretty much the same thing. "YOU SHOW NO EMOTIONS...YOU DON'T CARE...YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!!!"

She said a few more things, but I can't remember...I wasn't paying attention.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

My wife tells me pretty much the same thing. "YOU SHOW NO EMOTIONS...YOU DON'T CARE...YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!!!"
But at Philip's house: I respond by saying, "If I'm hearing you correctly, you think blah, blah, blah about blah, blah."

Immediately followed by: "Philip, don't try to tell me what I'm thinking!" :shock:

And: "Philip, SOMETIMES I don't want you to try to solve everything; I just want you to listen!" :?

And so Philip thinks to himself, "just keep your mouth shut, make eye contact and just occasionally smile and nod your head."

And then, after listening to her verbalizing the long-playing version of "FFFFFFFFFeeelings" - played, at least, twice - I begin to lose focus.

And thus (per Rick): "She said a few more things, but I can't remember...I wasn't paying attention."

Eventually: Suddenly, she asks me a question about something she said (in her monologue): "Ruh-Roh" :shock:

Philip: Tries to bluff an answer - which isn't even close to being about the subject. :roll:

Quickly followed by: "You never listen to anything I have to say!"

Philip is thinking (but not stupid enough to verbalize): "Yes, honey, it's because your words are the length of "War and Peace," when a mere sentence or two would GET TO THE POINT" ("Edith!").

Almost 25 years on, I can quote chapter and verse! :lol:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Philip wrote:
But at Philip's house: I respond by saying, "If I'm hearing you correctly, you think blah, blah, blah about blah, blah."

Immediately followed by: "Philip, don't try to tell me what I'm thinking!" :shock:

And: "Philip, SOMETIMES I don't want you to try to solve everything; I just want you to listen!" :?

And so Philip thinks to himself, "just keep your mouth shut, make eye contact and just occasionally smile and nod your head."

And then, after listening to her verbalizing the long-playing version of "FFFFFFFFFeeelings" - played, at least, twice - I begin to lose focus.

And thus (per Rick): "She said a few more things, but I can't remember...I wasn't paying attention."

Eventually: Suddenly, she asks me a question about something she said (in her monologue): "Ruh-Roh" :shock:

Philip: Tries to bluff an answer - which isn't even close to being about the subject. :roll:

Philip is thinking (but not stupid enough to verbalize): "Yes, honey, it's because your words are the length of "War and Peace," when a mere sentence or two would GET TO THE POINT" ("Edith!").

:pound:

How true - after 25 - years of my own marriage I find how somethings are so universally true!

:amen:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

B. W. wrote:
Philip wrote:

How true - after 25 - years of my own marriage I find how somethings are so universally true!

-
-
-
We really need to have some kind of G&S convention (only the guys that is, sorry Hana). A get-together of sorts with lots of cigars, cheap whiskey, and tales about our wives. It'd be a hoot (and very therapeutic). We can call it a spiritual retreat. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
We really need to have some kind of G&S convention (only the guys that is, sorry Hana). A get-together of sorts with lots of cigars, cheap whiskey, and tales about our wives. It'd be a hoot (and very therapeutic). We can call it a spiritual retreat.
I'll mark my calendar...Byblos' house, this summer, I'm there. :driving:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

My wife thinks that would be a great idea :D - and says that we could all invite our wives as well :esad: .

But we need a testosterone retreat - a MANfest :cheers: where we talk about and do manly stuff.

So I respond by playing my favorite theological card - you know, the one right after how I explain it is the MAN who is to be in charge :mrgreen: : "Honey, there's a reason why God didn't choose to have any "chick" apostles!" :esurprised: :esurprised: :esurprised: :stars: :dig: Why she never sees the humor in that, I do not know. :roll:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
My wife thinks that would be a great idea - and says that we could all invite our wives as well .
If that's the case, we'd better icksnay the ippersstray. ;)

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Remember, marriage came BEFORE the results of the curse! :pound: - NOT as some my have us believe, the inverse. :shock:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
We really need to have some kind of G&S convention (only the guys that is, sorry Hana). A get-together of sorts with lots of cigars, cheap whiskey, and tales about our wives. It'd be a hoot (and very therapeutic). We can call it a spiritual retreat.
We're already in middle of Summer in Aussieland, why not come here?

But, no alcohol allowed. Wife's rule. Because if you like a nice glass of wine or beer then you're an alcoholic.

Not to belittle true alcoholism which is a big problem... but why else would someone like to sit down on the sofa after working all day, getting the kids fed, showered and bed to have a nice wine or beer on the sofa? :econfused:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kureiuo wrote:
But, no alcohol allowed. Wife's rule.
Wife's rule? What kinda house are you running anyways? In my house, I'm the boss! Whatever I say, is the law! That will be the day that I let my wif...OH CRAP, SHE'S HOME AND I DIDN'T FINISH THE LAUNDRY! SHE'S GONNA KILL ME NOW!

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

no alcohol allowed. Wife's rule. Because if you like a nice glass of wine or beer then you're an alcoholic.
Well, hope she won't offended when "the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined." Maybe she'll not be too rigid about her beverage choices then? :ebiggrin: Or maybe she'll ask if they have a nice bottle of Welch's Grape Juice?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Philip wrote:
no alcohol allowed. Wife's rule. Because if you like a nice glass of wine or beer then you're an alcoholic.

Well, hope she won't offended when "the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined." Maybe she'll not be too rigid about her beverage choices then? :ebiggrin: Or maybe she'll ask if they have a nice bottle of Welch's Grape Juice?
Don't laugh. I heard a pastor make the claim that ''wine'' in the Bible meant either grape juice, grape must (whole crushed grapes) or a grape paste (skins & seeds separated from the juice). I'm sure the wedding at Cana wasn't quite the party the Bible makes it out to be...

FL :fruitcake:

PS: I posted on a forum where the members got together in Brisbane, Land of Oz, for a weekend. I don't think a meeting in Australia would work for this forum, though, because most of the members are American. Americans don't own passports - by and large - and they don't travel beyond their borders much. I propose Des Moines, Iowa, USA, as a rendez-vous point. It is sort-of in the middle of the World.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
I'm all for it, really, you are more than welcome anytime Rick (same for everyone else). It's a small house but where there's a will (and a bunch of sleeping bags) there's a way. And what is this business about bringing the wives? The whole idea was to rant about them, in a spiritual way, of course :roll: . I will be sending mine to her mother's in VA if you guys come over so in addition to cheap cigars and wine (grape juice, whatever ...) there's also New York Pizza. Do I really need to say any more? Come on guys, let's make it happen, I'm very serious about this.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

B. W. wrote:
Philip wrote:

-
-
-
So, what is so universally true?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart