Question

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Question

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

soldiersofthecross wrote:Out of context. Please.
No, you are wrong but nothing I say will convince you. Please note that to be guaranteed of Salvation you must also:

-speak in tongues
-be a member of the Roman Catholic Church
-believe in Young Earth Creationism
-not sin again
-know that you are a member of the Ten Lost Tribes
-heal people by the laying on of hands
-be bitten by venomous snakes and live to tell about it
-be smitten in the Spirit, fall flat on your back and twitch.

y:-? I'm certainly forgetting some criteria...a little help would be appreciated...

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

So I guess ever Disney Animated Movie and Mickey Mouse movie should be banned? IS that what some of you are saying?
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

Soldiersofcross, I think you need to understand the character of God. Proof texting verses is just systematic theology at work, its not a good model to study scriptures. I suggest you take some time and meditate on this. It is not a question of osas or losing salvation, I think your point of view depicts how you see God and how you really read the Bible and see god through it. May I suggest that you try the opposite. See christ, who i am sure has value and is of utmost importance in your life, why can't god watch a movie with me? Well because God simply doesn't do that. The same way he doesn't read news or drive to work. Does driving to work benefit you spiritually? No. Would god ever drive a harley Davidson? This is just you imagining god too much in your own terms and human structure of thought. God is not the same as us, period. Stop drawing such comparisons because they will ultimately paint a god for you who is just like you. He thinks like you and will react like you, and that my friend, leads to fear and insecurity. Believe me, I have been on the road that you are on.

If you understand the depth of tbe love of Christ and how he saved us when we were already sinners, you may see that it is out of that love that that our salvation is paid for. The price of Our salvation is not paid by our obedience or performance, it was done by Christ's obedience to his father, precisely because we can't perform right all the time. Please see that you have to put that lens of love of God and then read the bible, not the other way around. I am sure people can leave god when they want, but does god leave us too? I don't think so. I think he loves us and wants us to not go into the slavery of sin. Ultimately god is neither a accountant nor a lawyer who is looking for faults in you to pin it on you should you ever make the slightest error. I am sure Christians who sin get a bit of 'trimming' from the gardner, our heavenly father Sometimes and that's fine. But I don't think god is so prone to anger or behaves like we would, i think he is too wise, so that he knows, we err, we sin, that is why he entrusted the work of salvation in christ and not good men, who would never sin again because that is impossible , so that we might not lose salvation. Because you are right you can lose your salvation when you are trying to get it by your obedience, yes you can lose it. But if you trust Christ, you will see that there is nothing to fear, for his obedience is complete and wholly.

From one sinner to another, I hope you see the sense of it. God loves you regardless of your performance.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

UsagiTsukino wrote:So I guess ever Disney Animated Movie and Mickey Mouse movie should be banned? IS that what some of you are saying?
No. No one is saying that.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
soldiersofthecross
Acquainted Member

Post by soldiersofthecross »

Wait. Is this a Roman Catholic website of some kind?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

soldiersofthecross wrote:Wait. Is this a Roman Catholic website of some kind?
No. But to be saved, you must be a member of the RCC. Also, I hope you read the KJV only because if you don't, you've forfeited your salvation.

FL y[-o<

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
No. But to be saved, you must be a member of the RCC. Also, I hope you read the KJV only because if you don't, you've forfeited your salvation.

FL y[-o<
y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

:pound: :pound: :pound: I could almost hear the desperation tone.
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:No. But to be saved, you must be a member of the RCC.
Not true. The claim is that one is closer to the fullness of the truth, but no definitive pronouncement is made on one's slavific status. Otherwise we'd believe in absolute assurance. :D
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Byblos wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:... to be saved, you must be a member of the RCC.
Not true. The claim is that one is closer to the fullness of the truth, but no definitive pronouncement is made on one's slavific status. Otherwise we'd believe in absolute assurance. :D
Hello? I was attempting to be funny :D which is why I also posted this earlier:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
soldiersofthecross wrote:Out of context. Please.
No, you are wrong but nothing I say will convince you. Please note that to be guaranteed of Salvation you must also:

-speak in tongues
-be a member of the Roman Catholic Church
-believe in Young Earth Creationism
-not sin again
-know that you are a member of the Ten Lost Tribes
-heal people by the laying on of hands
-be bitten by venomous snakes and live to tell about it
-be smitten in the Spirit, fall flat on your back and twitch.

y:-? I'm certainly forgetting some criteria...a little help would be appreciated...

FL
FL 8-}2

+ + +

+ + +
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote: -be smitten in the Spirit, fall flat on your back and twitch.

FL
I did a somersault the other day... Does that count? :mrgreen:

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
PeteSinCA
Valued Member

Post by PeteSinCA »

:D :shock: Can anything good come from Canuckia? :shock: :D

Some Christians isolate themselves from showing the Gospel in the world by retreating to monasteries or Amish-style enclaves. Others by avoiding "wrong" things and people. For example, which brings the Gospel better to bar prostitutes? Setting up a chapel outside of the red light district (avoiding that evil area) and hoping they will wander in? Or going into the bars, getting to know them and letting them see a little of Jesus love? Obviously, the latter is something that would be best done when called to do so by God, with prayer, etc., but seeing and receiving real love may lower some walls. Eschewing "such places and people" just builds the walls higher.
Soapy Pete's Box

So I'll stand // With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One Who gave it all - The Stand, Hillsong United

"To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give.
To show us the reason to live."
"We Are the Reason" by David Meece

"So why should I worry?
Why should I fret?
'Cause I've got a Mansion Builder
Who ain't through with me yet" - 2nd Chapter of Acts
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Thread resurrection!
Usagani, I think it's ok in itself.
*I'm not sure if she is still here. She seems inactive. Would be nice to chat sometime hehe.
RockyMidnight
Acquainted Member

Post by RockyMidnight »

Colossians 3:22-24 New King James Version (NKJV)
22 Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God. 23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for[a] you serve the Lord Christ.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

RockyMidnight wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:17 am Colossians 3:22-24 New King James Version (NKJV)
22 Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God. 23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for[a] you serve the Lord Christ.
I have observed that you usually just paste versus but not necessarily your opinion. Just saying! Would like to know your thoughts
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RockyMidnight
Acquainted Member

Post by RockyMidnight »

neo-x wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:51 am
RockyMidnight wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:17 am Colossians 3:22-24 New King James Version (NKJV)
I have observed that you usually just paste versus but not necessarily your opinion. Just saying! Would like to know your thoughts
Good Morning Neo-X!
Well, it's not because I'm short on opinions, I assure you! :lol:
I just know God's "opinion" carries significantly more weight than my own!
The topic here is not one unfamiliar to us all, and rather than offer opinion, which, while interesting enough from those who respond, really doesn't answer the Question (IMHO). Scripture does, so I thought Usagi might benefit from scripture's answer to her question.
Additionally, too often when I offer my "opinion" I wind up with "foot-in-the-mouth-dis-ease"! That unfortunately doesn't often stop me from contributing my 2 cents however. Fortunately, for those reading this thread, I managed it! ;)
Cheers Neo-x.