Is The Tower of Babel real?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is The Tower of Babel real?

Post by RickD »

As with any false doctrine, cult, or religion other than biblical Christianity, the easiest way to determine error, is to examine who they say Jesus Christ is.

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/ ... sus-christ

As you can see from the link, Mormonism attempts to show that it is within orthodox Christianity.

But any discerning person can see that the christ of Mormonism is a false christ. The christ of Mormonism is not the Christ of scripture.

Christ of scripture=God in the flesh

Christ of Mormonism=A man with godly powers

Any Christ who is not God, is a false christ, and cannot save.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:25 am As with any false doctrine, cult, or religion other than biblical Christianity, the easiest way to determine error, is to examine who they say Jesus Christ is.

As you can see from the link, Mormonism attempts to show that it is within orthodox Christianity.

But any discerning person can see that the christ of Mormonism is a false christ. The christ of Mormonism is not the Christ of scripture.

I read their "What Do We Believe About Christ?" bullet-points and didn't interpret it as "A man with godly powers", more as "God in the Flesh". Could you point to where in the list they suggest this.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:12 am
RickD wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:25 am As with any false doctrine, cult, or religion other than biblical Christianity, the easiest way to determine error, is to examine who they say Jesus Christ is.

I read their "What Do We Believe About Christ?" bullet-points and didn't interpret it as "A man with godly powers", more as "God in the Flesh". Could you point to where in the list they suggest this.
Here:
We believe Jesus is the Son of God the Father and as such inherited powers of godhood and divinity from His Father, including immortality, the capacity to live forever. While He walked the dusty road of Palestine as a man, He possessed the powers of a God and ministered as one having authority, including power over the elements and even power over life and death.
It's very subtle, but there is a difference. The biblical Christ is God who became human.
The Mormon christ, is not God. The Mormon christ is the Son of God the Father, who inherited powers from the Father. He possessed the powers of "a God".

The differences again, are subtle but significant. In Mormonism, christ inherited his powers from God the Father. In Christianity, Christ is fully God.

Look at the "What do we believe about Christ" from their page, and notice that it doesn't say anywhere that Christ is God. Then contrast that with any Christian denomination, or even Catholicism, which says Christ is God. That Christ is the 2nd person of the Trinity, and fully God.

See the distinction?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Yeah got it, caught it when I read it the second time :) Good catch there.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.