inspired or dictated?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: inspired or dictated?

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:I say about the us texts that God was speaking to "others" about him. God ALONE did create everything.
Bible says, in Genesis 1:26, 27 – God said – let us make…

Genesis 1:1 identifies the ‘Spirit of God’ and not the 'Spirit God' but 'Spirit of' … involved in creation. This identifies the Holy Spirit (one of the arms/hands/panim of God) and is one of the US’s mentioned in Genesis 1:26.

If only God alone created all the universe as Isaiah 44:24 states, ALONE, then the US in Genesis does not refer to other beings being involved at all in any part of creation, therefore, your interpretation concerning who the US refers to is built upon a logical contradiction, thus not true.

Gen 5:1 and 2:7 as well as Isaiah 42:12 state only God created man, therefore, angelic beings were not likewise fashioned... so the US refers to God's unique Self Existing(s) Tri-Nature alone making all things...

Gen 5:1 …In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.

Gen 2:7 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Isa 42:5 Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread out the earth and its offspring, Who gives breath to the people on it And spirit to those who walk in it,

Isa 45:12 "It is I who made the earth, and created man upon it. I stretched out the heavens with My hands And I ordained all their host.

Isa 48:13 "Surely My hand founded the earth, And My right hand spread out the heavens; When I call to them, they stand together.

Jer 10:12 It is He who made the earth by His power, Who established the world by His wisdom; And by His understanding He has stretched out the heavens

Jer 32:17 'Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You,

John 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Note: All Bible verses are from the NASB
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1stjohn0666
Valued Member
Sex: Male

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

If you want to have Gen 1:26 contradict 1:27 by all means do it. Gen 1:27 has 1 creator creating. Not 3 not 2 not 3 in 1 or some goofy other idea. This thread was started as "inspired or dictated"
I say NOT all of the information in the bible came from God as "spoken" and the hearer wrote it down.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Here is the thing, if one is to believe that Jesus NEVER equated Himself to God or that the people he helped never did, then the writers are guilty of Blasphemy.
Jonh in particular of course, but even Luke:

Luke 8:39

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

39 “Return to your house and describe what great things God has done for you.” So he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

Look what Luke wrote:
Jesus tells the demonic that He has cured to tell everyone what God has done for him and he goes and tells them what JESUS has done for him.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:When God is spoken to the bible ALWAYS uses singular personal pronouns. When God speaks he ALMOST ALWAYS speaks having singular personal pronouns except the 4 "us" texts that God included others in an action. Only assumptions can be made from scripture as to who or what the "us" is. I believe the us is other divine beings. With Gen 1:26 it does say "let us" but when we get to Gen 1:27 it is "one" creator creating. Not multiple.

I say about the us texts that God was speaking to "others" about him. God ALONE did create everything.
You stated other there were other divine beings involved in creation, so were they gods, or angels?

Yet the bible states that God alone created, then who were the us’s mentioned if God alone only created human beings and all the universe?

The pronoun, 'US', is inclusive involvement in creation, part of the creating process, not passive listeners, but rather agents involved so as to be defined as an 'US.'

Then you wrote this:
1stjohn0666 wrote: If you want to have Gen 1:26 contradict 1:27 by all means do it. Gen 1:27 has 1 creator creating. Not 3 not 2 not 3 in 1 or some goofy other idea. This thread was started as "inspired or dictated"
It is you that are implying that, in your own words, 'the "us" is…I believe the us is other divine beings', were involved in creation. Then you write:
1stjohn0666 wrote: …I say NOT all of the information in the bible came from God as "spoken" and the hearer wrote it down.
So the 'Us' then refers to the person who wrote Genesis down which would make whoever that was sharing in the creation process, is that what you are saying?

Then you add if the bible is inspired or merely dictated and fail to see both as God reveals that there is none like Himself when He mentions the 'US' in Genesis. Only the Christian and original Jewish Yahvist doctrine of the divine Trinity can answer who the 'US’s' are without controversy or contradiction to Isaiah 44:24, Isa 45:12, Isa 48:13, Jer 10:12, Jer 32:17, John 1:3.

It is not Christians with the Trinitarian concept of God’s nature who disagree with Isaiah 44:24 as we know that only God alone created. It is you who disagree as evidenced by what you wrote here on this subject thread.

If the bible was not inspiredly dictated down, then God would have been in a form of oneness that human beings would be able to comprehend; God would be like any singular object, say a singular tree, a rock, Zeus, or even Aphrodite. Then when God says, there are none like himself, that statement, God incomprehensible, would not be true, would it?

Bible revels God is incomprehensible Job 11:7-19, Romans 11:33 and that there are none like himself. The great mystery of God’s oneness of His Divine Trinity indeed proves God is incomprehensible to our minds and there is indeed none like himself too (Isa 46:9). Therefore, only a truly inspired book from God would do that as human beings cannot even dream of such a thing as the Divine Trinity (One God in three persons from one divine essence) as being possible.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

all inspired yes, all dictated no.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:all inspired yes, all dictated no.
Question:

Is God perfect in all His ways? Is He all powerful? All Wise?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

depends on who you think God is.
FlawedIntellect
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by FlawedIntellect »

1stjohn0666 wrote:depends on who you think God is.
How is that dependent on what we think God is? It's a question on God having his own attributes as God himself defines them.

Humans don't have any influence on God's attributes. So, your reply does not answer the question.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

I ask you john666 this Question: Is God perfect in all His ways? Is He all powerful? All Wise?

You answered...
1stjohn0666 wrote:depends on who you think God is.
My response:

Is God perfect in all His ways? Is He all powerful? All Wise?

...According to you - not what I think ... does God have all these traits?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

God the Father is all powerful, has all knowledge, and is everywhere. Jesus is not.
Now back to "inspired or dictated" as this thread is meant to be. Others wishing to address this topic will see that "the rabbit trail has started" and got off topic. To continue this discussion about Christology go to "answers for B.W.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

1stjohn0666 wrote:God the Father is all powerful, has all knowledge, and is everywhere. Jesus is not.

Now back to "inspired or dictated" as this thread is meant to be. Others wishing to address this topic will see that "the rabbit trail has started" and got off topic. To continue this discussion about Christology go to "answers for B.W.
Where did you get this information from?

(And John666, FYI, this question has everything to do with the subject of this thread…)
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

The information is from the bible
cheezerrox
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by cheezerrox »

1stjohn0666 wrote:God the Father is all powerful, has all knowledge, and is everywhere. Jesus is not.
1stjohn0666 wrote:The information is from the bible
Well, the first part is. As far as Jesus not being omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent..

Omnipotent: Philippians 3:20-21
"For our citizenship is in Heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus the Messiah; Who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His Glory, by the exertion of the Power that He has even to subject all things to Himself."

Omniscient: Colossians 2:2-3
"..that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of G-d's Mystery, that is, the Messiah Himself, in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

Omnipresent: 2 Corinthians 2:14
"But thanks be to G-d, Who always leads us in triumph in the Messiah, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.
"The prophet is a man who feels fiercely. G-d has thrust a burden upon his soul, and he is bowed and stunned at man's fierce greed. Frightful is the agony of man; no human voice can convey its full terror. Prophecy is the voice that G-d has lent to the silent agony, a voice to the plundered poor, to the profaned riches of the world. It is a form of living, a crossing point of G-d and man."
- Abraham Joshua Heschel
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

Jesus is not all knowing
cheezerrox
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by cheezerrox »

It seems you realize that you're position has no leg to stand on. Instead of countering what I've quoted from the Scriptures with logical, Scriptural reasons why they don't say what they plainly mean, you take one and deny it with no authority to base it on. Please, brother, pray about this. Ask G-d to show you the Truth about Himself and about the Messiah. Be open to see whether you are mistaken. I will pray for you too.

As far as your assertion that Jesus isn't omniscient, ow can all the treasures of knowledge and wisdom be hidden in the Messiah, and He still not be all-knowing?
"The prophet is a man who feels fiercely. G-d has thrust a burden upon his soul, and he is bowed and stunned at man's fierce greed. Frightful is the agony of man; no human voice can convey its full terror. Prophecy is the voice that G-d has lent to the silent agony, a voice to the plundered poor, to the profaned riches of the world. It is a form of living, a crossing point of G-d and man."
- Abraham Joshua Heschel