Not eyewitness

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Im Fat
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Not eyewitness

Post by Im Fat »

How can you guys relly on a book that is based of oral history written 30 years after the man died? Nobody was writting things down as jesus spoke so how do we know they are even close to accuarate. Islam seems like the most historicaly accurate religon if you ask me because it was all wrote in first hand accounts
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Not eyewitness

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Please read the main site http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... icity.html and then if you have any questions about the article please go ahead and ask.\

Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nobody was writting things down as jesus spoke
Where is the evidence to support this claim?
Islam seems like the most historicaly accurate religon if you ask me because it was all wrote in first hand accounts
Are you saying here that Jesus disciples didnt write their first hand accounts as opposed to Islam?

Daniel
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Im Fat
Acquainted Member

Post by Im Fat »

Didn't Bart Ernham, an ex- devout christian, do years of research and come to that exact conclusion
Im Fat
Acquainted Member

Post by Im Fat »

Islam seems like the most historicaly accurate religon if you ask me because it was all wrote in first hand accounts
Are you saying here that Jesus disciples didnt write their first hand accounts as opposed to Islam?

Daniel[/quote]

yes, that's what i understand at this point.....
Im Fat
Acquainted Member

Post by Im Fat »

Is their any conclusive proof that jesus's deciples were actual eyewtinesses? I'm a believer that john wrote all 4 of the gospels, what evidence is their against that, the writing style in the gospels is very close to that of romans, acts ect..
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Here is a link concerning Bart Ernham http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... ption.html
Is their any conclusive proof that jesus's deciples were actual eyewtinesses? I'm a believer that john wrote all 4 of the gospels, what evidence is their against that, the writing style in the gospels is very close to that of romans, acts ect..
Again have you read the main site as this address's these concerns http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... icity.html

Daniel
Im Fat
Acquainted Member

Post by Im Fat »

Dodn't want to sound rude, but could you narrow down the search a bit? I do truely do not feel like reading through 10 articles to find the information I'm looking for
And before I even read through the article, does it have definitive proof that the gospels are not all wirtten by john?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Im Fat wrote:Dodn't want to sound rude, but could you narrow down the search a bit? I do truely do not feel like reading through 10 articles to find the information I'm looking for
And before I even read through the article, does it have definitive proof that the gospels are not all wirtten by john?
I belong to a faith that assures me that the Gospels were all written by Mae West while she was drunk and full of pills. Show me an article on the main site which refutes this.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Im Fat
Acquainted Member

Post by Im Fat »

I'm not defending the gospels am I?

I trust in solid facts, science is a solid fact, a book which the authorship and origins of it are unknown are not solid
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Dodn't want to sound rude, but could you narrow down the search a bit? I do truely do not feel like reading through 10 articles to find the information I'm looking for
I dont want to sound rude either but i do not have the time to write pages of material, if you are unwilling to do your own research then well why exactly are you here?
What is your definition of proof, do you hold evolution as an absolute or how about string theory?

Daniel
Im Fat
Acquainted Member

Post by Im Fat »

evolution is a law as far as i'm concerned.

Evolution is fact, the intermeidates are there, the proof is there. Most people who think freely come to the same conclusion. Ignoring the overwhelming facts borders on ignorance.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Im Fat wrote:evolution is a law as far as i'm concerned.

Evolution is fact, the intermeidates are there, the proof is there. Most people who think freely come to the same conclusion. Ignoring the overwhelming facts borders on ignorance.
I think freely and i neither support nor denounce evolution theory, as yet there is no definitive evidence supporting marco evolution.
What are the overwhelming facts you are speaking of because i have yet to see them?
If you think so "freely" and are not stuck in your own presuppositions why are you not examining the evidence of the authenticity of the Bible?

Daniel
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Are you genuinely seeking answers here or are you just here with an axe to grind because this is not the website for you if that is the case, please read forum guidlines.

Daniel
Im Fat
Acquainted Member

Post by Im Fat »

Why do so many intermediates exist for humans?
hell it's even better for the horse, soooo much evidence for evolution in the fossil record for the horse but yet we ignore this because it threatens christianity.

And you not answered my question to authenticity of the bible. You sent me on a wild goose chase, and from what I saw on that slide show on the main site, the arguements for bible authenticity are weak.

And my purpose here is to discuss bible authenticity, and that hasn't got anywhere has it?