Messiah

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Different_Name
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Messiah

Post by Different_Name »

Hey I know the Messiah is prophesized a lot in the Prophets section of the Bible like in Isaiah, but I was wondering about when the promise of a coming Messiah was first revealed by God. I know the one in Genesis 3 about how the seed of the woman would crush the serpent's head, but that is quite symbolic, and I was wondering when the first explicit revelation of the coming Messiah was made and to whom.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Messiah

Post by B. W. »

Different_Name wrote:Hey I know the Messiah is prophesized a lot in the Prophets section of the Bible like in Isaiah, but I was wondering about when the promise of a coming Messiah was first revealed by God. I know the one in Genesis 3 about how the seed of the woman would crush the serpent's head, but that is quite symbolic, and I was wondering when the first explicit revelation of the coming Messiah was made and to whom.
Okay, to be brief: Jesus speaking in the Garden of Eden after mankind fell and then the covering came showing that only by God and His two Hands (Son and Spirit) can one be covered and thus be able to return to the Lord but their first he needed to take care of some issues mentioned in Genesis chapter three (you cited) to get there...

The rest I'll leave up to you and others to explore.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys