Struggling with the Old Testament

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
obsolete
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Struggling with the Old Testament

Post by obsolete »

B. W. wrote:"25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I want you to understand this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob"; 27 "and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins." ESV
-
-
-

Amen, glory to God. Thank you for that B.W. You almost had me crying at work. :crying:
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.
dayage
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dayage »

Amen, as well.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

obsolete wrote:
B. W. wrote:"25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I want you to understand this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob"; 27 "and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins." ESV
-
-
-

Amen, glory to God. Thank you for that B.W. You almost had me crying at work. :crying:

Also, remember that there are many Jews that are returning to Christ today as well. Many years ago I was a founding member of a Messianic Congregation who played rhythm guitar in their worship band. There are Jews today returning to the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus). Pray for the Jewish people that their hearts become shot and they see who the Messiah is. I've seen grown Jewish men whole countenance change and dance around happy as can be because they came to understand who the Messiah is - for them - the Old Testament comes alive to them and the they see Jesus throughout its pages!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

B. W. wrote:
obsolete wrote:
-
-
-

Also, remember that there are many Jews that are returning to Christ today as well. Many years ago I was a founding member of a Messianic Congregation who played rhythm guitar in their worship band. There are Jews today returning to the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus). Pray for the Jewish people that their hearts become shot and they see who the Messiah is. I've seen grown Jewish men whole countenance change and dance around happy as can be because they came to understand who the Messiah is - for them - the Old Testament comes alive to them and the they see Jesus throughout its pages!
-
-
-
I have a dear friend who went to Israel and said he hated it. He also told me that the Body of Christ out there is beautiful. When he came back to the states for some reason Jewish people would just come up to him and ask him about Jesus. Just out of the blue.

I pray that God will remove the veil from their eyes and ears as well as their hearts. Some feel as if you lose your Jewish identity if you come to Christ. I'm Jewish, and I know exactly who I am. Especially in Christ.
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.