This bio-chip and the Mark of the Beast

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Facdx
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

This bio-chip and the Mark of the Beast

Post by Facdx »

I recently found this website http://www.av1611.org/666/biochip.html that talks about the Mark of the Beast, and as I was reading, it seems to give out valid points that indicate that this bio-chip is not the mark of the beast that has everybody so worried. But what I would like to know is your opinions on this issue cause it seems that more people are believing that this chip is the Mark of the Beast rather than not.
Daniel
Recognized Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: This bio-chip and the Mark of the Beast

Post by Daniel »

I lean preterist in my eschatological beliefs, but I am still nonetheless concerned about the possibility of me being wrong, and barring that, the possibility for abuse by corrupt governments such as the US, European Union, or United Nations.

Also, I don't put a whole lot of stock in what av1611.org says on most moral/social issues.
Swamper
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Swamper »

I am undecided on whether a biochip would be the actual Mark of the Beast (I too lean towards preterism), but I'm disinclined to get one even if it isn't, simply because it has such potential to be abused by corrupt people in power.
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

There are other things to look for to assist in what may be the mark of the beast.

Other events will be happening also, i.e the Temple will be rebuilt, there will be PEACE between all nations including Israel, there will be one leader over there in the middle East, such and so forth.

Now if a central leader requires a bio chip to be used for commerce / basic living then it will put up a red flag in my head. It may be or may not be, just something to look out for and be aware of.

Someone in the leadership role may require a tattoo for Identification or a brand who knows what exactly it will be, I do think it would be a requirement for people in society to have to exist and live a comfortable life.

Just my 2 cents.

God Bless
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Daniel
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Daniel »

Assuming a dispensationalist perspective, I would probably feel much closer to the end times living in the early 1940s than I would living today.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Daniel wrote:Assuming a dispensationalist perspective, I would probably feel much closer to the end times living in the early 1940s than I would living today.
Nah, you wouldn't, because, from a dispensationalist perspective, you need a nation-state of Israel. Maybe in the early 50's, but not 40's. ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
obsolete
Established Member

Post by obsolete »

Daniel wrote:Assuming a dispensationalist perspective, I would probably feel much closer to the end times living in the early 1940s than I would living today.
Then you haven't been paying much attention to what is happening around the world lately, have you? With Russia parking nuclear subs and bombers in the North Pole, re-directing their missle defence systems toward the "eastern part of Europe", how Putin has managed to still stay in power even as Prime Minister, Chavez buying 2 billion in military hardware from Russia not too long ago, I don't need to mention anything more about Iran calling for the destruction of Israel.

Jesus condemed the Pharasees for not paying attention to the signs of the first coming of the Messiah, and I believe that it applies to us also if we don't recognize the signs of His second coming.
Jesus died for ALL. End of story.