Love your enemies - should we even love Satan?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
rbaker
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Love your enemies - should we even love Satan?

Post by rbaker »

Don't love Satan, he doesn't love you. He pretends to be loving and kind in order to get people to worship him. He will offer them money, power, etc. but in the end he will seek to cheat those who make pacts with him for these things. He will even sacrifice his own worshippers in order to damn other souls to hell. If you were to offer to take his place in hell on the condition that he would repent and return to God, he would refuse, even though he knows how painful it will be for him once he's in hell - he would merely say "I've got my pride and vanity to consider...". If asked, he would say he became Satan of his own free will and tell you predestination doesn't have anything to do with his fate. He can no longer appreciate the indescribable beauty that is God's creation as he did when he was Lucifer, and would gladly destroy you and everything else just to hurt God.

In 1st Corinthians, it says that we shall judge fallen angels one day. My hope is that some of them want to repent, are doing good deeds, and wish sincerely to rejoin God. Lucifer does not and never will wish to rejoin God, even though he still has free will himself. I also like to think that God somtimes remembers him as Lucifer and sometimes sheds tears for him and the rest of the fallen angels. But rest assured - Satan hates God with a passion that is far beyond human understanding.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

About 2 years ago, I was talking with one friend about Satan too. When I said, that I'd like to talk with Satan about why is he doing what he is doing I got the following answer:
"He will only laugh in your face. He has no answers, only questions and lies. He is the “Father of Lies” and lying is his native language. Deception is his game. Rebellion and replacing God is his endgame. He’s furious because knows that ultimately, God alone is God, and God cannot be defeated or replaced."
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

I've read NONE of the previous, sorry

we don't love Satan. Satan's God's enemy. I hate Satan because he's fronted up to my God

just thought of The Screwtape Letters for some reason. I was well into that book but lost it somehow. Anyone looking for a Lewis take on the workings of the enemy should get it. Entertaining 'til I lost it
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

DannyM wrote:I've read NONE of the previous, sorry

we don't love Satan. Satan's God's enemy. I hate Satan because he's fronted up to my God

just thought of The Screwtape Letters for some reason. I was well into that book but lost it somehow. Anyone looking for a Lewis take on the workings of the enemy should get it. Entertaining 'til I lost it
Wow i never knew about this! I'm definitely checking this out after i finish Wild At Heart!

Thanx DannyM! :D
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

CeT-To wrote:

Wow i never knew about this! I'm definitely checking this out after i finish Wild At Heart!

:lol: You work FAST, CeT-To, since I see on another thread you've got the book, read it and bloody reviewed it! I like your style 8)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

DannyM wrote:
CeT-To wrote:

:lol: You work FAST, CeT-To, since I see on another thread you've got the book, read it and bloody reviewed it! I like your style 8)
Hahahaha! Yeah thanx :mrgreen: - though it's only 95 pages, its not long but it was sooooooooooo good LOL atm im recommending it to nearly all my christian friends hahaha :lol:
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!