Matthew 12:32: The Unforgivable Sin

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Matthew 12:32: The Unforgivable Sin

Post by Christian2 »

Hello to all,

Matthew 12:32: "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

What is Jesus saying?
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Matthew 12:32: The Unforgivable Sin

Post by Jbuza »

Christian2 wrote:Hello to all,

Matthew 12:32: "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

What is Jesus saying?

I get the idea that Jesus is saying he will forgive man for every sin, he even forgave his crucifiers. As I recall Jesus was talking to those who had said that the Holy Spirit of God that Spirit that was in Jesus was an unclean spirit. Perhaps those factions that whorship Lucifer and from what we can know of luciferian doctrine we see that many of those Orders and Sects that do worhsip Satan believe him to be God and God, Jehovah, that Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ are evil and unclean. Jesus taught that he Could forgive sin in the time he lived, and he told his early followers that they could forgive sin (although to a lesser extent), it's the same if I forgive a wrong done me, or ask and am granted forgiveness for the things I have done to others. That is one kind of forgiveness in the here and now. But scripture teaches there is a judgement to come, a judgement at the Throne of God. Perhaps the verse means that beleiving The One and Holy God is evil will never be forgiven at any time.

I guess it from this seems that it is one matter to reject that Jesus is from God, and quite another matter to reject that God is The Holy Creator. Don't know that's just me take on it.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Matthew 12:32: The Unforgivable Sin

Post by Christian2 »

Jbuza wrote:
Christian2 wrote:Hello to all,

What is Jesus saying?

I get the idea that Jesus is saying he will forgive man for every sin, he even forgave his crucifiers. As I recall Jesus was talking to those who had said that the Holy Spirit of God that Spirit that was in Jesus was an unclean spirit. Perhaps those factions that whorship Lucifer and from what we can know of luciferian doctrine we see that many of those Orders and Sects that do worhsip Satan believe him to be God and God, Jehovah, that Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ are evil and unclean. Jesus taught that he Could forgive sin in the time he lived, and he told his early followers that they could forgive sin (although to a lesser extent), it's the same if I forgive a wrong done me, or ask and am granted forgiveness for the things I have done to others. That is one kind of forgiveness in the here and now. But scripture teaches there is a judgement to come, a judgement at the Throne of God. Perhaps the verse means that beleiving The One and Holy God is evil will never be forgiven at any time.

I guess it from this seems that it is one matter to reject that Jesus is from God, and quite another matter to reject that God is The Holy Creator. Don't know that's just me take on it.
Thank you for your response. I found an article that explains the Scripture further:

http://www.carm.org/questions/blasphemy.htm

This particular part bottered me:
And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him
Since Jesus called Himself the "Son of Man" more often than any other title and since this "Son of Man" is divine--Book of Daniel--it didn't make sense to me that a word against the Son of Man would be forgiven unless in this case Jesus was referring to His humanity like Psalms:

8:3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have ordained;
8:4 what is man, that you think of him?
What is the son of man, that you care for him?
8:5 For you have made him a little lower than God,
and crowned him with glory and honor.
8:6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands.
You have put all things under his feet:
4him123
Newbie Member

Post by 4him123 »

It is my understanding that "the unforgivable sin" is described well in that website. But in my experience, it was knowing the truth( that Jesus is Lord), and refusing to believe in him. At one point I was VERY worried about this (because I knew that believing in Christ would result in me repenting of certain sins I didnt want to be rid of). I kept hearing sermons about this sin and just kept putting it off. Then one night after hearing a sermon that I felt was wrote just for me,I honestly felt it was my last chance(because I knew the truth for years but refused to yield), I was so scared and that night gave my life to Christ. I still struggle with other sin but God is working on me. Praise God for his love, and he truly does not want any to perish. He gives plenty of chances to come to him.

heres a website I think explains it pretty well.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/ ... lesin.html

"The unforgivable sin of speaking against the Holy Spirit has been interpreted in various ways, but the true meaning cannot contradict other Scripture. It is unequivocally clear that the one unforgivable sin is permanently rejecting Christ (John 3:18; 3:36). Thus, speaking against the Holy Spirit is equivalent to rejecting Christ with such finality that no future repentance is possible
Last edited by 4him123 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Brigham »

4him123 thats so cool! He does that for me too. I used to use Christian as just a label, but that was it. Then i kinda stepped off a ledge and gave up, to God. Then things like this started happening, thats when i looked into this science site to learn, but its also happened so much that my Faith isnt even faith anymore lol! its just giving in to the complete obvious!

And for this topic, i just posted the same question not too long ago lol. Here's the thread:

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... highlight=

Godbless.

-Brigham[/url]
Last edited by Brigham on Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

I'm pretty sure that Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to knowingly give creedance to another, other than God himself for something God has done, be it a demon or man or anything like that. But I'm not 100% on this.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
4him123
Newbie Member

Post by 4him123 »

quote by Brigham "Faith isnt even faith anymore lol! its just giving in to the complete obvious! "

Awesome Brigham, I know exactly what you mean :D

Deuteronomy 4:29But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Yeh, Praise the Lord for that! Even the simple like me can be saved :D 8)
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Brigham wrote:4him123 thats so cool! He does that for me too. I was to use Christian as just a label, but that was it. Then i kinda stepped off a ledge and gave up, to God. Then things like this started happening, thats when i looked into this science site to learn, but its also happened so much that my Faith isnt even faith anymore lol! its just giving in to the complete obvious!

And for this topic, i just posted the same question not too long ago lol. Here's the thread:

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... highlight=

Godbless.

-Brigham[/url]
Exactly! I used to just say i was chrisitian and believe without proof, but now its obvious God exist. Thi was the first site i found when i started searching about God.