Quick answers about Bible

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Quick answers about Bible

Post by UsagiTsukino »

So wait what was the mark of the beast? A real number or something else? Many are saying covid vaccine is one example of the mark
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:03 pm So wait what was the mark of the beast? A real number or something else?
The link I posted earlier in this thread does a good job explaining what the mark of the Beast was and who specifically it referred to.
The Number of the Beast of Revelation: 666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugkNtPhAeVY
Many are saying covid vaccine is one example of the mark
Misinformation like this makes me very very angry...

Deep Breath...

The folks making these nonsensical claims are:
a. Ignorant about the Bible (see my link above)
b. Ignorant about Covid-19
c. Ignorant about vaccines.

The Beast was a murderer.
The Covid vaccine has saved millions of lives.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:03 pm So wait what was the mark of the beast? A real number or something else? Many are saying covid vaccine is one example of the mark
The description of the mark of the beast is in Revelation.

The Covid “vaccine” DOES NOT fit that description.

It may be similar, if it ever gets to the point that people’s lives are so restricted if they aren’t vaccinated. It hasn’t gotten there yet.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

RickD wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:40 am
UsagiTsukino wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:03 pm So wait what was the mark of the beast? A real number or something else? Many are saying covid vaccine is one example of the mark

It may be similar, if it ever gets to the point that people’s lives are so restricted if they aren’t vaccinated. It hasn’t gotten there yet.
Due to how certain people are acting my state is now having certain things be limited unless people get vaccinated
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

UsagiTsukino wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:03 pm
RickD wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:40 am

Due to how certain people are acting my state is now having certain things be limited unless people get vaccinated
Just a hunch... but I'm pretty sure that these 'limitations' have more to do with the way the Delta variant is acting in your state. Such as increasing covid cases, increasing hospitalizations, and increasing deaths.

Just curious...
Does your state require people to wear seatbelts?
Does your state require immunizations for diseases such as polio, diphtheria, tetanus, etc...?

I guess there are all kinds of life saving 'restrictions' out there that some people (without any Scriptural support at all) could claim are marks of the Beast.

I can say with full confidence, there is absolutely NO Scriptural relationship between Covid and the Mark of the Beast.
Anyone who tells you there is, is either deliberately lying or has no clue about what Scripture actually says about the Mark of the Beast.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Why didn't God destroy Satan?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Usagi: Why didn't God destroy Satan?
WHEN? After his rebellion? And why not before, when Satan was still in heaven? The bigger question should be, why did God create him to begin with, as our all-knowing God certainly foresaw the future terrible thihgs and evils that Satan woiuld cause and inspire. And fully knowing these things, why did God give him such power and influence? It is because Satan is but a tool of God's, as He has the supernatural ability to use BOTH those whom love Him and those that oppose Him, for His good purposes!