Do mormon's go to heaven too?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Anonymous

Do mormon's go to heaven too?

Post by Anonymous »

Ok, my new best friend is mormon. we've talked a lot about our faith's and i really care about her so i have a few questions. i have a better understanding of what they believe but i'm wondering if, from a christian perspective, they'll go to heaven too... i think i know the answer is no... but i'm hoping they will... for her sake... and info about these specific answers or about mormonism in general that has evidence to back up the claims are greatly appreciated.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

I've been reading through some stuff on a
web site called Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry and
within this is a page titled, Is Mormonism Christian?.

I believe it offers the information you are looking for.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Hi Mustang,

You might be interested to know that there are quite a few articles to do with Mormons on this website (see http://www.godandscience.org/cults/index.html). Rich has also compared some of the differences in doctrines between Mormons and mainstream Christianity at http://www.godandscience.org/cults/mormdiff.html. From my understand, Rich has also witnessed to a few as he has written on how he visited and witnessed at the opening of the LDS temple in Redlands, CA. So if you have any questions, he would probably be someone good to contact.

From my understanding Mormons do not recognise Christ as their Lord and Savior, rather Jesus was the first of many sons. In other words they would be in the same boat as anyone else who hasn't accepted Christ. If one does not know Christ, then they can't come to the Father. I'd prefer to think of it that way rather than say they go to hell, which in all honesty there are many Christian interpretations on what hell actually is, but the one often conjured up is a literal place full of flames with people burning on stakes and red demons with horns flying everywhere. ;) May be imaginative, but I think the most we can conclude on hell is that it is a place for those who can't be with God because they aren't compatible with Him. If you think about that, not being with God would still really be hell... and all those imaginative pictures are perhaps representative of the horribleness of what "not" being with the source of all good and love would be like. Yet, I'd prefer to state it in terms of someone wouldn't be able to be with God if they haven't got Christ, as "hell" conjures up all sorts of imaginative literal pictures which I think would be literally inaccurate.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Dagnabit K, you beat me to it.

Good links, Bav. I'm always liking new links.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

MustangManiac5.0, In the Spirit World, you'll find every type of church that is known to mankind there. Some of them are exact duplicates from the physical world. God looks at the sincerity of heart, not what church you go to. The Hall of Wisdom is the first place you'll see in the Spirit World. If you turn around and look behind you, you'll see a huge mongo size Church and a huge statue of Mother God infront of it, its to the right of the towers. You'll see it when you cross over. 8)

God Bless!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

uummm actually you wont...you'll only see those saved by grace there and the new Jeruselam the river of life and the tree of life...and the OT saints.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

amber wrote:uummm actually you wont...you'll only see those saved by grace there and the new Jeruselam the river of life and the tree of life...and the OT saints.
You'll find yourself standing in front of the Hall of Wisdom. That is where people end up at. When you go into the Hall of Wisdom, you scan over your life, and when that is done, you go to the Hall of Records where your book of Life is at. It does not matter what you believe, because when you enter God's World, you play by His rules, not by your human beliefs of what you think God's world is like. I have told you exactly what happends when you cross over, if you want to still believe in your human beliefs than go right ahead, because it doesn't change anything about God's World.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Hi Innocente.

I don't mean to put the spotlight on you, or perhaps I do... but can you offer any reasons why one should accept your words as authoritative? For example, I am willing to place my faith in the words of the NT because it is a deposit from the Apostolic tradition, which is closer to Christ and his own teachings which I believe are validated by his miracles and resurrection.

On the other hand, you offer some strange and/or conflicting truths, based on what you believe was an out of body experience (?). You seem to have a good heart and come across passionately enough from what I've read, but I see no reason to really accept your words as really true, nor why others should. I may be open to you having some kind of valid experience, but I am not persuaded that such an experiences offers you a accurate source of truth, nor that it means people should accept what you say about the spiritual as true.

Kind regards,
Kurieuo.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Innocente where in the bible does it say that? can you remember where the thief on the cross went...it wasn't to no hall of wisdom...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

amber wrote:Innocente where in the bible does it say that? can you remember where the thief on the cross went...it wasn't to no hall of wisdom...
He went through the left door. Remember when Jesus stated "Everyone who doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." This is refering to those who leave the body after death, your guided to two doors, one is on the left and one is on the right. Those who do not want their deeds to be known to all, or they don't care to face them, won't go towards the light, but towards the darkness. The door on the left leads to darkness, and the door to the right leads to light. The door on the right takes you outside the Hall of Wisdom.

Kurieuo, If you pray to Father God and ask him if I speak the Truth, you will get an answer of Yes. Besides, it would be foolish of me to post anything that wasn't True.

Please pray for mankind to learn to live in peace and in Harmony, tell your church to do this, its very important.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Innocente wrote:Please pray for mankind to learn to live in peace and in Harmony, tell your church to do this, its very important.
In my opinion...the world turmoil is more of a blessing than the actual "peace and safety" you seem to be praying for.
1 Thess 5:3 NIV wrote:While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

peace and harmony is the message of the anti-chirst see daniel and his last week
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

amber wrote:peace and harmony is the message of the anti-chirst see daniel and his last week
(same page... :) )
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

:shock: - any qualifications here? Or should we lead people to believe Satan fights for a good cause (i.e., for peace and harmony), whereas God would actually prefer turmoil and destruction. I don't believe such an impression is good to leave, nor is true.

Kurieuo.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

(2 Cor. 13:11)
Be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of Love and Peace shall be with you.

(1 John 4:7-21)
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Please remember another verse you'll find in your bible from Matthew 12:25 "Every Kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand."

Earth is our home, please pray for peace and harmony to come to ALL mankind, so our future will be for us All to stand united in our Love for Father God. If we don't, than we will only have ourselves to blame.