SACRED BOOKS

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Blessed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

SACRED BOOKS

Post by Blessed »

Does anyone know where I can purchase all sacred texts pertaining and orbiting the Bible at once.

I want these for a library room.

I just read "SLAVONIC VITA ADAE ET EVAE'. True or False it was interesting. I would like to read these books in physical form. Thank you.
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: SACRED BOOKS

Post by Fliegender »

Try Amazon.com
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Don't know exactly what you are talking about but Tom Horn has put together a series that might interest you.

One is The Researchers Library of Ancient Texts Volume I: The Apocrypha which includes The Book of Enoch, The Book of Jasher, The Book of Jubilees, 1 Esdras, 2 Esdras, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, Tobias, Judith, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, Susanna, Prayer of Azariah, Prayer of Manasseh, Bel and the Dragon, and Laodiceans.

Another is the The Researchers Library of Ancient Texts Volume 3: The Septuagint, which includes the Septuagint.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

I don't believe Enoch wrote a book, especially in Semetic writing.
He is prehistoric, you can tell by reading from the context. In fact, Tubal Cain is listed as the first person to dabble in bronze and iron, which wasn't in vogue until at least the time of the Pyramids (and Iron came around the time of Moses).
Two the book lists all sorts of things in a literal way that can't possibly be true, like about how the solar system/cosmos is set up. Even though one could say it's metaphorical, there's also the curious piece of evidence that the Book of Enoch was written sometime during the Maccabees. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
Yet, even in a book like this there is some theological truth as Jude points out.