G N O S T I C H E R E S Y

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

G N O S T I C H E R E S Y

Post by IceMobster »

Since it is too long to put it in the chatbox....
jenna wrote: I would have to hear what they teach before i answer
Jesus was not God up until the point he decided to take the role of our Saviour. At the time of his ressurection he joined with God and became God. Holy Spirit is not God, but simply that -- Spirit that guides and defends us (John 14,26). Everyone including Satan can rejoin God aaand hmmm I've watched this lecture where he explains the Beginning of Creation and whilst it sssssomewhat makes sense (I mean, it explains why Satan did what he did in a logical way but ....), not only has it no Scriptural basis, but is full of [nonsense] like energy, energy beings, already saved beings that are not aware of it (lmao) that can either help you get closer to the Way (Jesus) or not... (so, what's the point?) .... I don't know. I don't expect much. And whilst I do have arguments, objections and questions I expect to get wrecked since the guy has been doing nothing but doing seminaries for the last 15 years. :mrgreen:

Soooo, mixture of Pentecostal, non trinitarian doctrine & gnostic elements, I reckon.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: G N O S T I C H E R E S Y

Post by jenna »

IceMobster wrote:Image
Since it is too long to put it in the chatbox....
jenna wrote: I would have to hear what they teach before i answer
Jesus was not God up until the point he decided to take the role of our Saviour. At the time of his ressurection he joined with God and became God. Holy Spirit is not God, but simply that -- Spirit that guides and defends us (John 14,26). Everyone including Satan can rejoin God aaand hmmm I've watched this lecture where he explains the Beginning of Creation and whilst it sssssomewhat makes sense (I mean, it explains why Satan did what he did in a logical way but ....), not only has it no Scriptural basis, but is full of [nonsense] like energy, energy beings, already saved beings that are not aware of it (lmao) that can either help you get closer to the Way (Jesus) or not... (so, what's the point?) .... I don't know. I don't expect much. And whilst I do have arguments, objections and questions I expect to get wrecked since the guy has been doing nothing but doing seminaries for the last 15 years. :mrgreen:

Soooo, mixture of Pentecostal, non trinitarian doctrine & gnostic elements, I reckon.
wow, talk about way out there. i would like to know where he came up with some of this crap like Jesus was not God until the resurrection. I agree with the HS bit, but Satan can rejoin with God? sorry, but nope. :shakehead:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Don't go. They'll suck you in too.

I really don't want to say, "I told you so".
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

jenna wrote:wow, talk about way out there. i would like to know where he came up with some of this crap like Jesus was not God until the resurrection. I agree with the HS bit, but Satan can rejoin with God? sorry, but nope. :shakehead:
Yes, an all loving Father wants all of his children back in his hands/hug. That is His goal -- to reunite with all of His children.
That includes Satan, only thing he needs to do is honestly repent.
Hmmm.... What else... I couldn't watch more than 50 minutes of that video about Creation -- when he started talking about sparks, energies with that cherry on top where certain saved people are returned to Earth to help others find the Truth...
RickD wrote:Don't go. They'll suck you in too.

I really don't want to say, "I told you so".
Lol. Rick actually cares for me or what the hell? Rick, please. I am no sucker, heretic. :lol:

Jokes aside, look, Rick. This friend of mine had another friend --- unbeknownst to me at the time, that guy (let's call him Luke) is also full ham into that sect. If you ask me, both of them are bat s#it crazy. They do not talk about anything but Jesus. Thanking Jesus out loud wherever they are. Smiling all the time, hugging, praying infinite times a day.

To be completely honest, I do not want to become like them. I do not enjoy their company (never did enjoy Luke's company) anymore. However, after having heard their testimony and conversion to faith and Christ, alongside many supernatural events (such as demons teasing them, praying in tongues, fainting, feelings of incredible joy during prayer,...), I am interested to see (but, like, some of them you can observe in a Catholic church during spiritual renewal masses that happen like once a month, also). I also knew that guy for quite some time and I must say, after this conversation we had, I know him no longer, lol. We shared similar worldviews and tastes and stuff, but after this.... Nothing matters to him but Jesus. ONLY JESUSSSSSSS. But that doesn't mean he'd lie about those things, though. It is full scale zealotry. I've been to his room, as well. His uncle openly wants him in a mental hopistal etc..... :mrgreen:

It is somewhat tempting, though, you know. As much as I can not know whether a certain deed (or even a thought?) in my life is intercessed by God, so I can not know if some of it is intercessed by Satan. Fu#k's sake! So which one is it at this particular point?

There is another thing, Rick. Both have said that all of it begins once you honestly accept Jesus as your Saviour. I do not think I am able to do that at this point. Especially if it means going madman like they did. But you know, like, I remember that Luke guy a year and half ago saying how he battles demons and encounters them daily and both me and this friend of mine were like woaah what the hell and a bit skeptical about all of it and now this guy goes full ham, as well, hahaaa... :mrgreen:

Which is why I asked.... SATAN'S WORK OR NO? :|
I often remember the: "Begone, Satan!" in certain situations... Fu€king hell.
Matthew 4:10 Matthew 16:23
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

i must say i am a bit confused by a lot of what you just said. especially the need for all the cursing. not really a good thing on a board like this? begone, satan.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

jenna wrote:i must say i am a bit confused by a lot of what you just said. especially the need for all the cursing. not really a good thing on a board like this? begone, satan.
Yes, I swear quite a lot. You win some you lose some with that pesky Satan, don't you? :/

So, I take it, you do not agree with the Trinitarian doctrine? What denomination are you?

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

IceMobster,

I'd stay away, far away from those guys. They are dangerous for you to be around.

And don't be to harsh with Jenna not believing in the Trinity. She doesn't believe, only because she doesn't understand the doctrine. She seems willing to learn, so she'll come around.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

RickD wrote:IceMobster,

I'd stay away, far away from those guys. They are dangerous for you to be around.

And don't be to harsh with Jenna not believing in the Trinity. She doesn't believe, only because she doesn't understand the doctrine. She seems willing to learn, so she'll come around.
I'm not harsh, just curious.

Why are they dangerous, Rick? Tricked by Satan? :mrgreen:

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

IceMobster wrote:

I'm not harsh, just curious.

Why are they dangerous, Rick?
Because, as you have admitted yourself, you are not in a position to refute their beliefs.

What positive thing could come out of you going to debate or listen to them?

-Edward R Murrow

IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

RickD wrote: Because, as you have admitted yourself, you are not in a position to refute their beliefs.
Now, now. I am not that useless! :mrgreen:
RickD wrote: What positive thing could come out of you going to debate or listen to them?
Enrich thy worldview! Ummmm... Idk, find Jesus? Or is Jesus not found in non-Trinitarian "Christian denominations"?

How do you explain the events they went through, then?

AreEl
Recognized Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Considering a move to North Parricide in Jacob's Bosom.

Post by AreEl »

IceCrapster,

Stop worrying about going to your mumbo-jumbo meeting! Just go to your seance and leave us alone! You're not even Christian, so what's the problem? Pray to the Dalaï-lama, dump a dozen oranges at the foot of a Buddha statue or dance around a totem pole for all I care.

Then come back and tell us how spiritual you are so we can have a good laugh.
Doing nothing is hard. You never know when you are finished.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

AreEl wrote:IceCrapster,

Stop worrying about going to your mumbo-jumbo meeting! Just go to your seance and leave us alone! You're not even Christian, so what's the problem? Pray to the Dalaï-lama, dump a dozen oranges at the foot of a Buddha statue or dance around a totem pole for all I care.

Then come back and tell us how spiritual you are so we can have a good laugh.
Damn, dude. You don't have to read or reply to this thread or anything I post. Better go read a book other than the Bible to widen your intellectual knowledge, eh?

jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

hey i just realized that AreEl's profile and Rick's former location on his profile look strangely similar. what's up with that? :horseman:
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

:pound:
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Coming from a Christian upbringing where spiritual experience was primary, it took me a while to learn that spiritual experiences don't necessarily legitimise truth.

If I read you correctly, you're interested in the experiential side of things and checking that out for yourself. Of course, such is interesting, and I'd hope all Christians have experiences of some sort with God. It's like a form of verification.

Have you not attended a Hillsong or other charismatic church? I wouldn't encourage such normally, but then -- you coming from the rational side, they do offer an experiential side since its what they major on along with all their far-outness. Theology-wise, they suck, but spiritually... if you're after an experience at least they don't cultivate you, though some might try you're free to come and go as you please.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)